LithpingLitha's Log *De-braced*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LithpingLitha

1st Adjustment!

#31 Post by LithpingLitha »

I had my 1st adjustment today...ouchie!!!
I didn't expect it to hurt so bad. :soremouth:
They kept me in the same wire, but I asked that the lig color be blue.
Anything has to better than stained yellow, :yuck:!
My 2nd adj. is in 6 weeks. I'll get a stronger wire and my 2nd molars will get bracketed. *woot*

Here are my 6 week progress photos:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by LithpingLitha on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

LithpingLitha

1st Adjustment!

#32 Post by LithpingLitha »

I asked about the gum recession on my rt. lateral and was told that the tooth shouldn't move much more and that it would move back later. So, I'm just riding that one out and trusting all will be well, or at least trying to. ;)
Last edited by LithpingLitha on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers

LithpingLitha

1st Adjustment!

#33 Post by LithpingLitha »

Oh, and I'm no longer glowing in the dark. :lol:

LithpingLitha

#34 Post by LithpingLitha »

Thanks, KK and Meryaten for your kind comments...and the giggle, M! :lol:

I notice the most movement in my incisors. The braces are bringing them forward and my laterals are being shoved out of the way. The arch wire rested on the left lateral because the incisor was tilted back, but now the wire is off the lateral because the incisor is coming forward. Yay!

Just for kicks, here are my blue ligs...

Manicmomma

#35 Post by Manicmomma »

Your progress has been GREAT! Oooh...I only hope my progress is as good as yours! Lookin' good! Congrats!

LithpingLitha

#36 Post by LithpingLitha »

Thank you, Manicmama! I hope your progress goes well too!
Are you keeping a journal here? If so, give me a link so I can check it out.

Thank you, KK! :oops: :D I posted the photo. :HugeGrin:

lynnm

#37 Post by lynnm »

I'll be thinking of you and the gum recession. I haven't found it mentioned here much and it's one of my top concerns. I already have soooo much recession from the malocclusion - I don't have room for more! Please keep us posted.

I'm impressed with the movement you've had so far - it's looking really good!

witchyfel

lithpinglitha

#38 Post by witchyfel »

Hi LithpingLitha,

Just read ur story and find that we are wuite the same...haha the same as in y we have finally decided to get braced after such a long time....i am in my 30 this yr too and had just got braces....have to do it becos of one possible root canal treatment..and docs advised me that gtg braces will be a much more positive alternative afterall....so here i am..

really hoped u r doing fine and all the best in ur journey!

witchyfel

lithpinglitha

#39 Post by witchyfel »

Hi LithpingLitha,

Just read ur story and find that we are wuite the same...haha the same as in y we have finally decided to get braced after such a long time....i am in my 30 this yr too and had just got braces....have to do it becos of one possible root canal treatment..and docs advised me that gtg braces will be a much more positive alternative afterall....so here i am..

really hoped u r doing fine and all the best in ur journey!

chillin-in-grilz

#40 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

In 2 months of bracing I needed my wire clipped 4 times. Its a pain I nthe but, but lol, Its a sign that my teth have moved. Check out my story and you can see how much!

Heres a 2 month comparision

Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

LithpingLitha

#41 Post by LithpingLitha »

My 2nd adjustment was Monday!
I graduated to a square wire (ouch!) and had my 7's bracketed.
My next adjustment is in 8 weeks.
I hope to post my progress pics soon. Sorry for the delay.

The upside...my ortho replaced a bad bonding job on my right lateral incisor that my (soon to be former) dentist did directly before I got my braces. :dance: It was totally above and beyond....it was not my orhto's mistake or responsibility...I'm amazed!
The downside...I get to wear the gelb for 2 more months. The right canines are directly over one another, so I need the upper canine to scoot out a bit.

Pictures should be forthcoming...

LithpingLitha

#42 Post by LithpingLitha »

Thanks for the thumbs up Meryaten.
The new archwire HURT the first two days, but I can eat again. :D

Here are the progress photos I promised with before and afters...

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The photos don't line up perfectly, but I think they give an idea of what's been happening. I've come so far and have so much further to go. I'm happy with the progress of the uppers and can hardly wait to get my lower arch in on the action. :wink:

lea72104

#43 Post by lea72104 »

You're teeth look great! That stinks about the gelb splint but that just means that it's doing what needs done!

LithpingLitha

3rd Adj.

#44 Post by LithpingLitha »

I had an adjustment today.
I haven't noticed much progress the past 8 weeks, though there are literally gaps between my central and lateral incisors.
Unfortunately I have to stay in the same wire, but the good news is that I'm out of crossbite and....
I can wean off the gelb!!!!! Image

My next appt. is in 4 weeks for bottom spacers and a bigger wire.
A week later I will finally get the bottom arch braced.Image

Here are the progress photos...

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Laurie

#45 Post by Laurie »

Wow! Your teeth are really moving along!