BracesRacer's Journal: Still Kickin!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracesRacer

#16 Post by BracesRacer »

Well stuff must be moving cause the wire in the back is now digging into my cheek in my mouth... ouch! I hope i have time to go get it clipped tomorrow i cant take much more of this (just happened today) and visually I am pretty sure there is a small difference I will take some pics tomorrow. I am getting more comfortable with smiling in these things... which is good. Thtas all for today until i can get a picture :)

BracesRacer

#17 Post by BracesRacer »

Yeah I am gonna go tomorrow to clip it... should have went today but did not have time... If you knew my schedule you would understand hehe. But yeah your both right its really starting to hurt! The wax is saving me (first time I have really needed it, i used it before mostly for fun) so thats nice! I need to snap a pic I really think there has been quite a bit of movement its exciting!

Dr Jon Harrow

#18 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi Bracesracer
Nice bike...I'm more into classic cars..at present 2 Austin healey sprites. 2 morris minors and an Austin 7 sports..but would love to build a trike...i walk with crutches so could not balance two wheels!!
I'm just going off to work on the sprite now, take out my frustrations on the supercharger (Shorocks 65) which has caused lumpy running all last year, and the MOT has also expired and needs to be renewed for the UK London to Brighton run next sunday (1st April), that is the frustrations of spending the weekend with a load of medical professionals who did nothing but make stupid comments about my braces :?
Now wheres that torque wrench?
Bye for now keep on crusing
Jon XX

BracesRacer

#19 Post by BracesRacer »

Hey everyone missed ya! Not much has changed (that I can tell anyway) other than I am getting faster at flossing and using wax a lot more than I used to! There are a few brackets that did not bother me at all that when I smile just DIIIG into my cheek but wax is fixing that. I have been busy getting my bike ready to race my first race will be this sunday I will post some pics of that up in the general discussion area :) I wont have another appointment til' the end of april. I think things are moving its kinda hard to tell. I figured out mustard dye's the white/clear rubber bands neon yellow... ugh! And that its okay to swallow wax every now and then :) Maybe I will post some new pics up in the next few weeks or so.

BracesRacer

#20 Post by BracesRacer »

Last edited by BracesRacer on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BracesRacer

#21 Post by BracesRacer »

Race weekend April 1st Miller Motorsports Park

BracesRacer

#22 Post by BracesRacer »

Well I re-sized it but the link died... ah well. Almost time for my first adjustment thingy... only a few weeks. Just thought I would share my new purchase... the oral-b aqua jet dooha (yeah thats the official name).

It has an adjustable water jet that sprays or streams, and then a nice tooth brush combo. The water jet is pretty cool makes me gums feel nice but it is definately not a replacement for flossing (and i dont think it was intended to be). I love the brush makes things a lot easier and the tongue scraper thing is especially cool. Overall I have liked this thing quite a bit but could probably live without the jet thing. I mean its nice and it gets a lot of stuff out but i dont think it does anything the toothbrush can't do. But maybe I am wrong I will keep using though cause I paid for it and it does make my gums feel nice :)

Teeth are moving for sure... most of the teeth seem to be moving apart now because flossing seems to get easier they are not as tight anymore thats for sure... I am smiling a lot more than I used to and even in a picture the other day I smiled nice and big... no way 6 months ago would I have ever done that so that is a good feeling that not only am i making physical progress but also emotional progress and getting over that fear and self conciousness. I will be glad when these things come off though! And when they are all paid for only $2800 left to go :shock: I am gonna wait til my first adjustment and then post some more pics here so hopefully you can all see some progress :)

chillin-in-grilz

#23 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Where are the pics!!! lol
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

BracesRacer

#24 Post by BracesRacer »

I think i have some on page 2... of the day i got the braces. I have yet to take any others yet. If you knew how busy my schedule was... ugh... I may try to get the one that was taken of me it looked pretty good at least on the little screen on her camera. Next adjustment is on the 26th so I will have some then for sure.

BracesRacer

#25 Post by BracesRacer »

What a difference! :D

Day one in braces:

Today (clickable image):

The pic is kinda washed out its hard to really see... but just look at the horizontal line of the wire and how much more level it is compared to before. My bottom teeth are much more lined up too I can feel it with my tongue. Has not even been a month yet :D

I'm excited for my adjustment on the 26th! Hoping he will say wow, those moved great you'll only have to wear braces another month, hahah (i wish).

becks

#26 Post by becks »

That top wire has really straightened out. That is amazing progress in less than a month! I'm jealous :) Can't wait to hear what your ortho has to say at your adjustment about the movement thus far. Congrats, your teeth will be perfect in no time at this rate.
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

BracesRacer

#27 Post by BracesRacer »

Thank You! I think they are moving pretty fast because i had the two teeth taken out on the bottom and top routine (still makes me sad) so they have pleanty of room to move. Its interesting flossing because you can really tell when you get even a tiny bit of movement. My two front teeth have a much bigger gap the floss just slides right in and before it was pretty tight. I'm doing the surgery too (on just lower jaw sliding it out to align bite) so not only will my teeth change my profile will be lots better too (not that its that bad, but could be better for sure). Surgery should be about 11 months from now. I will get some better pics on adjustment day.

BracesRacer

#28 Post by BracesRacer »

Racing is going well I have another race this saturday and sunday... only this time we rull the full track with a 3500 ft straight... I should be able to hit 180mph on that! No drag strip out there... rocky mountain raceway is not far from there though and its a drag strip primarily.

Thank you so much for the feedback :) Its so nice to be able to smile I can't believe it. And I made the transformation like its what I wanted to be doing me whole life... it was no sweat. I just smile like a goon all the time now its nice :) I can't wait til these things come off I will be smiling non stop.

Ives

#29 Post by Ives »

Hey Racer, man you have had some amazing movement in a short time. Ive been in my braces for over 6 weeks and have not really noticed much at all. I'm turning green with envy.....

By the way, ive spent many a night at the rocky mountain track back when I was single and had a life ( if my wife reads this, just kidding ),
Havn't had time to check out the new miller track yet. I grew up racing motorcycles ( baja races in Ariz ). Really miss the freedom of desert racing.
Braced March 1st 07

BracesRacer

#30 Post by BracesRacer »

Well had my first adjustment today... went pretty well the doctor said that my top teeth have moved a lot! We put on new, square, and stiffer wires. On the bottom I recall they put on a 20 x 20. I also got some ruber bands on the bottom to pull the teeth together filling in the gaps where the extractions were... royal blue rubber bands oh yeah. Teeth are pretty sore but not really that bad. i think they will be a bit sore tomorrow but nothing to worry about.

It felt really weird to have the arch wire outta there... my teeth are just so used to that pressure. Might post some pics but i dont think there is much difference from my last pic other than i have new wires now and rubber bands :)