Let the games begin!!! (pictures)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danielle80

Let the games begin!!! (pictures)

#1 Post by danielle80 »

Hello everyone, I decided to start my story...

My problems:
Narrow upper jaw
Crossbite of the right side
Lower midline 4 mm to the right
Slight crowding

I decided to see an ortho because my crossbite bothered me, I hated it in pictures, and I have come to realize this is what has been causing a lot of my jaw issues as well. (clicking, soreness etc.)

My treatment: Upper expander, then a full set of braces (ceramic) He told me when we are all finished, it won't be 100%, and I will then have the option of surgery if I want to correct it more.

I got spacers a couple of months ago, wasn't too bad, then was fitted for my expander. Last week got spacers again, again wasn't too bad at all, and yesterday my expander was fixed into place. When he first put it into place before cementing it, he asked me how it felt, it felt horrible, such an odd feeling, I almost started to cry cause I felt like I was going to throw a gagging fit. But I didn't throw a fit. :D He glued it into place, really didn't taste much. He said in 2 weeks once I get used to it, he'll turn the key. I said if you want to turn it now go ahead, might as well get this party started. :-)o So he turned it 3 times, I go back every 2 weeks and he'll turn it a couple of times each visit. To be honest with you as of right now it doesn't hurt at all, just the molar bands are bothering my cheeks a bit. Eating is obnoxious, when I got home I had some putting, and was like hey where did it all go. haha, everything just collects up there. Thank God for my water pik, it's disgusting the amount of food you shoot out of there, but to be honest a little exciting at the same time. haha :lol: My speech isn't too bad, not as bad as I was expecting.

Here are some pictures from my intial consult a few months ago, and then with my expander in that I got yesterday. Let the games begin.....

~Danielle

danielle80

#2 Post by danielle80 »

Thanks Linda!!

As far as my braces go, probably a couple of months with just the expander then my braces, might have both the expander and the braces at the same time. Oh what fun it will be!!! :roll:

~Danielle

danielle80

#3 Post by danielle80 »

I'm getting my uppers braced in 2 weeks!!! Woohoo!! :dance: I have been going every 2 weeks and he has been turning my expander key. Last couple of times he has turned it 5x each visit. I told him, turn it as many times that is safely possible. The pain hasn't bothered me at all, just some pressure when they first do it, then my teeth are just sore to eat things for a couple of days. Right now I'm dealing with an awful toothache, I'm trying to get in to see my normal dentist. :cry:

Anyway, I'm getting these new braces called In-Ovation C made by GAC, they are self-ligated, plus ceramic. I'm their first patient they are using them on. Supposed to move treatment along a little faster, and are a little more comfortable then normal braces. See the picture below...

Upper Expander in for 5 months, 6 days. January 07- June 07

danielle80

#4 Post by danielle80 »

Just wanted to share some progress, I have had this expander for a little over 2 months. It seems to have popped my crossbite out. :dance:

Will be getting braces on the 26th, the expander will stay in as well, not sure if he is gonna keep turning the key or not, guess I'll find out in a week.

danielle80

#5 Post by danielle80 »

So, today was my big day!! I got my upper braces! :-)o It wasn't bad at all. It took about 15/20 minutes to get braced. I was there longer, cause I had to get more pictures before I got braced. The whole procedure was a piece of cake. He didn't even use one of those lip spreader things, just used pieces of cotton and did a section at time. I don't forsee them irrating my lips too much. I feel them, but they don't seem sharp, so that's a bonus. And we are still turning my key on my expander a little more. Here are some pictures...

I'm their first patient with these Innovation C braces, I feel super special! :lol:

My upper arch progress...

smallbutmighty

#6 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hello danielle,
looks like you have had some very nice progress with the expander, and the In-ovation brackets are very discreet looking. You have a very nice smile! Hope your braces journey will be an easy one.
It's all in how you see yourself!

Marley

#7 Post by Marley »

Hey Danielle! They are looking great! How is Day 2? How long will you have them on for? Your teeth already look good, I'm sure you'll receive a lot of "Why?!" hah!

Anyways.. enjoy life with braces! I am having 0 problems! Easy easy!

danielle80

#8 Post by danielle80 »

Thank You to everyone for the comments and support!!!

Day 2, still a breeze. Only thing that bothers me a little is the way my top lip pops out, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Not sure how long I'll have these bad boys on for, before treatment they estimated 12/18 months, but that's what they tell everyone. He can't say till we get going, I'm hoping for less as my teeth aren't really that bad. One will see.

lizzoo

#9 Post by lizzoo »

Hey there, your treatment looks like it's going very well! I'm planning on getting the same braces on top (the in-ovation c) and I was wondering how you like them so far? I know it's only been a couple days but are you happy with them? Anyway, your teeth are looking great!

danielle80

#10 Post by danielle80 »

Hi lizzoo, So far so good with these braces. I have nothing really to compare them to except for when I first got my molar bands. Those made my cheeks a little sore. With these braces, I have yet to use any wax, they are not bothering my lips at all. I of course feel them, but no discomfort. Apparently they are supposed to be a little smoother then regular braces. And also a great thing about them, you can eat anything and they won't stain!! Good luck with yours!!! :thumbsup:

lizzoo

#11 Post by lizzoo »

Thanks for the feedback Danielle. They look really great and I'm sure no one notices them. I'll be getting braced in May so I've got some time... Good luck with your treatment!

samantha_lou

#12 Post by samantha_lou »

Hey Danielle, its great to see your fantastic progress! I think I have the exact same teeth in crossbite as you, and am getting an expander to hopefully pop it out next Wednesday (I've already had one, pre-braces, but we're doing another one!).

Your braces look great, and your arch has really widened out and rounded out really nicely!

danielle80

#13 Post by danielle80 »

I went for my first adjustment today. Didn't do much, just reshaped my wire. Teeth are a tad bit sore, but I didn't let that stop me from eating pizza!! But the fantastic news is we are done turning the key for my expander. He was very pleased with the progress. I'll be going back in 4 weeks for another adjustment and at that time he'll evaluate when the expander comes out. So I'm thinking maybe 2 months. Life will be so much easier with just the braces!! :jump:

danielle80

#14 Post by danielle80 »

WOOHOO!! My upper expander came out today!! :rawk: The expansion was a success!! My mouth feels so naked without it, and I'm going to miss shooting food out of there with my waterpik. :lol: I didn't realize it was going to be such a gross feeling without it, the roof of my mouth is all gross feeling, raw, and skin is raised, :yuck: should go away in a few days. Probably will head for a cleaning once it's back to normal, have a feeling I must have a cavity or two since I wasn't able to brush certain teeth in 5 months. After the roof of my mouth doesn't look so nasty, I'll post some pics of my expansion. Also, I finally got a thicker wire today. What fun it will be!!!

minlou01

#15 Post by minlou01 »

:lol: :D :D :lol: :D

Congrats Danielle! What a momentous day! Pls post pics soon...we will be waiting!

3/10/07 Upper Wisdom Teeth Extracted
3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!