feli's new Braced journey!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bebeger

same same!

#16 Post by bebeger »

hey there!

i've added u in my msn!

anyway, i think my teeth is in the same category as yours!

i have this ugly tooth at the top that goes in too much and at the bottom, my front teeth was like curving in. hahah.. i dont know how to explain it but of course, i will definitely start a new thread about my braces journey. it feels so sick to not be able to smile nicely for the last 23 years.

now that i finally took the plunge.. i felt great. At last, i do something great for myself!! no more insecurities!!!! yeah!!

witchyfel

fel's braced journey

#17 Post by witchyfel »

hey bebeger...i've added u in my msn too and maybe we can chat up there and share our experiences along the way too!!

well at least u have finally taken the first step into gtg a beautiful smile!! u are still so young and not like me...haha i've waited 30yrs b4 coming to this decision...for me one week into my braces and guess wat? i felt no pain like wat i expected it to be (as i heard stories of pple feeling uncomfortable/pain during the first one week) well guess i am lucky and pretty nervous abt my tooth extraction nx week..... :cry:

hmm maybe wait till u can post some pics here and to be able to view ur progress...(i do have probs in posting pics in my reply...am trying to see how i can do it soon..)

well..glad we have both given the FIRST step to have a wonderful smile!!
:D

witchyfel

Feli's Braced Journey-Updates with PICS!!

#18 Post by witchyfel »

Hi all, here are my old pics of my unbraced teeth...just to see my progress of the treatment!

Pics of my Unbraced ugly teeth:
When i close my mouth....guess this is the so-called "Underbite"?
Can see my "Dracula" teeth? haha
Full view of my full set of teeth...see below, there are 2 teeth infront and at the back....so the 2 infront has to go... :(

Later i will post pics of my present/latest pics!

witchyfel

Feli's Braced Journey- new pics with Braces!

#19 Post by witchyfel »

Hi there...here are my latest pics with top braces on...had one tooth removed on upper and lower teeth...

Close up on my top gap

Full view

witchyfel

Feli's Braced Journey

#20 Post by witchyfel »

Thanks Karen!! :lol:

witchyfel

Feli's Braced Journey-Last extraction..Hurray!!`

#21 Post by witchyfel »

Hi all....yesterday i went for my FINAL extraction for my lower front teeth....surprisingly that all was painless and fast....but i almost fainted in the clinic though...the doc later explained that guess the injection went into my blood vessels, that's y i felt faint....felt so much better after a hot/sweet drink...

guess now at least i felt so relieved that all the extractions were done....and just waiting for the lower braces to be up... :GapToothed:

witchyfel

Feli's Braced Journey-Last extraction..Hurray!!`

#22 Post by witchyfel »

Hi all....yesterday i went for my FINAL extraction for my lower front teeth....surprisingly that all was painless and fast....but i almost fainted in the clinic though...the doc later explained that guess the injection went into my blood vessels, that's y i felt faint....felt so much better after a hot/sweet drink...

guess now at least i felt so relieved that all the extractions were done....and just waiting for the lower braces to be up... :GapToothed:

Just to check with u guys,....that recently i have noticed that there is a gap btw my front tooth and there seems to have a bit of stains in-btw the gap...anyone out there knows how to really clean off the stains? I've tried flossing but the floss seems to get stuck in0btw...so i dare not try further... :roll:

Manicmomma

#23 Post by Manicmomma »

Hi! Looking forward to following your progress! I have never had a tooth pulled before, but am looking to have 2 teeth extracted for my braces as well. Ugh.....
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

cbradac

#24 Post by cbradac »

Hey there

Don't worry about it all fel :) I have the same problem with my teeth at the bottom. It will fix up so quickly :) Take a look at my story and you'll see. It's going to be a great journey for you!

Just like it is for me :) You'll be so happy once they start moving!! :)
Braces on: 18th December 2006 :)

witchyfel

feli's braced journey

#25 Post by witchyfel »

hi Manicmomma,

oh ya i felt so great that all the teeth that needed to be extracted were all DONE!..phew..no worries on the extraction...(though my legs were a bit jelly) but it will be over soon b4 u even notice!! my dentist was so fast and it was relatively painless!! (try to be calm and cool and u won't feel much pain)

so glad to begin ur new journey!! hoped urs will be great and will follow ur progress...

hey cbradac...how to view ur story? it's in the forum? i will try to search for it..hehe hopefully the gaps will close sooner as food will get stuck in-btw easily..and KK...sure will check with my ordontist on my nx visit though..as i will only go for a thorough cleaning in 3mth's time..guess it's a bit too long to wait till then...

meanwhile..will have to b more hardworking to use the interdental brush...phew..

witchyfel

feli's braced journey-First adjustment jitters!! HELP

#26 Post by witchyfel »

hey everybody,

This fri, i will be having my first adjustment and i am feeling jitters, legs wobbly now...as currently my front teeth felt the pressure and pain when i touch them....and am thinking how will the dentist do my adjustment on that day....removing the ligs/wires will it cause any pain?

Although i am lucky not to feel any pain (cross my fingers) at the initial point when i first got braced, just felt my teeth painful to the touch..tender..last week, I accidentally smashed the bite plate placed on my left and now i only left my right side for chewing...felt so weird..

can someone tell me what is it like on the first adjustment?

SOS :cry:

witchyfel

feli's braced journey-1st adjustment

#27 Post by witchyfel »

hi kiwi,

well my first appt was horrible...well i did highlight to my ortho abt the sensitivity for my front tooth, however...the pain was still unbearable for me..
At first, he examined my bite plate (which was crashed my me a week ago), and luckily, he said that my upper teeth had moved to be infront of my lower teeth (b4 the treatment, my lowers were infront of my front teeth when i close my mouth)...therefore, i do not need the bite plate from now on and saved him the trouble of removing them..phew...

But when he changed my ligs, wow that was painful...i felt like as if he is trying to remove my front tooth w/o antiseptic! i screamed when he was doing that (a bit ridiculous when i think back) haha but he simply ignored my screams...luckily the whole procedure was fast and just felt the sore after that..I immediately used my tongue to feel my front tooth, just to make sure that it's still intact...hahaha he didn't even change my wires, said that it wasn't neccesary yet and may put on my lower braces the nx visit (wondering why i must wait so long??) i didn't have much chance to ask him as he seems to be rushin thru the appt...weird doc
luckily for me, about half an hour later, the sore subsided..

It was a horrifying exp for me though..wondering how i could pull thru with other up-coming appts..GURP*