cssteam...braces story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cssteam904

1st Adjustment Continued

#16 Post by cssteam904 »

duplicate post...sorry
Last edited by cssteam904 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manicmomma

#17 Post by Manicmomma »

Hi! I had a lot of pressure/pain in one of my upper front teeth yesterday. Super sensitive! And I could have sworn that I could feel it up in my nose as well. At least now I know that someone else has felt that too! :)
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

cssteam904

wow on the first adjustment

#18 Post by cssteam904 »

WOWOWOWOWOWOW...did I feel things happpen with my teeth with this first adjustment....

WOWOWOWOWOWOW....HAVE I SEEN MOVEMENT!!!!!!!!!! :-)o

I had to go back to some of the softer foods. 'cause it is quite uncomfortable to bite down on things with my front teeth :soremouth: !!!!!!!!!

and yes since it is a purple power chaing....i believe it will do magic work :banana:

on the other hand another freaking bracket popped off....but i think it has to do with the way they were pushing and tugging on it to get a wire tie on all 4 posts....i have already called my ortho to see what they want to do about it.... :x

:frogbraces:

cssteam904

emergency adjustment

#19 Post by cssteam904 »

I called my ortho today because the loose bracket keeps spinning around the archwire and it cuts up in my gums. :soremouth: They are getting me in tomorrow, so glad they are not making me wait until 5/17 for my next appointment. Then comes the big news....

I asked if I needed to keep the appointment on 5/17 and was told yes as that is when the bottoms will become braced....YEAHHHHHHHHH :-)o ....I had no idea that they were going to do that on 5/17....now i will be in the braced :tingrin: face club full force!!!!!!!!!!!

ok enough of the rambling....i dont know if i want to go with royal blue rubberbands this next time or if i will stick with purple....let me know what you guys think!!!!!

cssteam904

today!!

#20 Post by cssteam904 »

Well, I went in today and got the loose bracket reattached and they put a wire tie on it....i was hoping that i would get a full adjustment for the top....but no. :( ..oh well....i did ask about my getting bottoms put on 5/17, but was told nope not going to happen yet.... because my teeth are being stubborn, they still have to turn all 4 of my top premolars..:yikes: ..i was told no bottoms until those turn to their proper spots.....but i will be getting some buttons put on the back (inside) of my teeth with rubber bands connecting to those to get the teeth to move....anybody heard of that before????or know what that is???? :?:

chillin-in-grilz

#21 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Bring on the pics! lol
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

cssteam904

Adjustment 3

#22 Post by cssteam904 »

Well tomorrow is Adjustment 3 for me. I will let you guys know how it goes. I am excited to know what exactly they will do with the lingual buttons. One big question that i have for my OD is, "Is there anything I can do to help get things moving?" I know we are waiting on the premolars to rotate before I get my bottoms put on. I at times get disappointed when i think about not having my bottoms on yet...but I also know that I am only 3 months into a 18-24 month endevor.

cssteam904

Adjustment Update

#23 Post by cssteam904 »

Oh boy what an adjustment. I was moved from .014 wire to .016. They took away my powerchains for now. Instead of the lingual buttons, they determined due to my bite, I would bite them off. So, they put in spring coils to help try to move my teeth. I asked is there anything other than begging with my teeth to move, was there anything I could do? They said no, not now as I am not in any rubberbands. Afterwards, I asked what should I expect for next month?????????....I will be getting my bottoms put on!!!!!!!!!!!!!....also depending on what happens with the spring coils, they may or may not do the lingual buttons. On the down side, they will be putting the cement ramps on my back teeth to hold open my bite so I wont bite off any of the brackets (i am not looking forward to that but what has to be done will be done)

I chose a nice Navy Blue for my ligs this time around.

Meryaten...thanks for the kind and helpful words, sometimes when I am reading other stories, I get so depressed because my teeth are so stubborn and I am not seeing massive results like others are.

cssteam904

I've got to whine a little

#24 Post by cssteam904 »

During my adjustment in February, I got powerchains. The purpose of them were to try to help turn my premolars. Well it didnt work and this time around I got spring coils. Well they took the powerchains off for the springs to work....(now that i have the history down)...the whining comes in.....Some gaps have opened up bigger than they were before....this morning when i was brushing my teeth :-} , i noticed something (thought i had food stuck in between my teeth)...but it was a huge gap :-+ ...seems like it came up overnight...booooooohoooooooooo :-((

ok now i feel a little better that i got it off my chest!

hope everyone has a good day!
A thing of beauty is JOY forever.

cssteam904

Thanks

#25 Post by cssteam904 »

Thanks for all the encouragement, Kiwi. You are always there with the right thing to say! I didnt even think about that being a possibility!!!!!!!

Here's to you Kiwi

:flowerbloom:

Laurie

#26 Post by Laurie »

cssteam904, I know it has to be super frustrating to have your teeth misbehaving like they are. But I know sooner or later they'll figure out what works for you. Just hang in there and don't give up.

cssteam904

adjustment 3

#27 Post by cssteam904 »

Well it is done...i now have a full mouth of metal!!!!! I didnt have to get the lingual buttons, because the springs did a really good job of turning the premolars. I have alternating red and blue ligs on top and wire ties on bottom. They moved me up to a .018 ni/ti wire on top and started me with a .012 ni/ti on bottom. I dont go back for 8 weeks, as they want me to adjust to the new hardware.
The bite blockers are not that bad so far.....

OH WAIT....i just tried to eat some corn...and the sound they make on the other teeth is horrible.... that will definatly take some time getting used to. I think i will put the corn away and try the chicken i brought....

WISH ME LUCK TRYING TO EAT...and if anyone that has had these know of any suggestions....please let me know

Miss Smiley

#28 Post by Miss Smiley »

Additional hardware, always a bonus to get teeth on the run. Hopefully you can figure your way around the bite blocks so that you can enjoy your weekend without having to swallow your food whole. You had such an eventful adjustment.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

cssteam904

Update

#29 Post by cssteam904 »

Just wanted to give a small update on how things are going in my neck of the woods. It is July 1st and the temp outside is about 77 degrees Fahrenheit. It is freaking the first of July...it should be around 90.... ok...so got that out of my system.... back to the teeth.

My bottom teeth hurt so much the first few days of getting them braced. I was expecting the same from the bottom as I got from the top. NO PAIN. Boy was I wrong. So, I had several days of taking some OTC pain meds to ease the pain. I also have gotten used to the bite blockers. They are nowhere as bad as they were that first day. Today, I even ate corn (off the cob) without getting it stuck everywhere. Another goofy thing I did today was, I was eating an apple slice and I bit down into it just to look at my arches (front 6-8 teeth) The top one has rounded out pretty nicely, but the bottom one is in pretty bad shape...but I guess that is why I am here (and I know it will get better as I have only been braced on bottom for about 2 weeks). Now no pain and can eat everything like before!!

Pretty soon I will be posting some pictures. I am going to ask my ortho for copies of my teeth from the consult and will take some of my own so I can keep up with movement.

Stephanie

cssteam904

my new jingle i created about a new friend!!!

#30 Post by cssteam904 »

Wax, Wax, Wax
Is my friend

Wax, Wax, Wax
Gets my lips on the mend

ok well that is as far as i got with it before my mind went blank...i was trying to get something about salt water rinses in there...but again....my mind went blank....so if anyone else has more they want to add...be my guest....

Can anyone tell what is on my mind!!! OR SAY TEETH?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!