Manicmomma's Braceface Saga ~UPDATED - 4/23/07~

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chillin-in-grilz

#16 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Not bad at all! Horray for Braces :jump:
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

LithpingLitha

#17 Post by LithpingLitha »

No nightmares here. :wink:
And you can color up your ligs at the 1st adj. It's nice to see how your clear braces look with the clear ligs, really nice. The first month takes some getting used to. :heart:
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

BracesRacer

#18 Post by BracesRacer »

Eat some mustard it will dye those clear rubbers bands flourescent (i have no idea how to spell that) yellow (dont ask me how i know). My setup is almost the same as yours... its rough at the start and people do notice more at first but thats because your not used to them and how to talk with them and all that. I know people noticed mine more at first because I was uncomfortable about them and that makes it even worse. Now I just act normal, smile big, and I notice they will see them right at first and will look for maybe a split second then its life as normal after that. Takes awhile though :)

Manicmomma

#19 Post by Manicmomma »

Thanks for all the great words of encouragement and advice. You guys are great!

11 days in braces now. No more pain. Hope I'm still getting again though. I can feel some of my teeth "shift" if I press on them. Espically my lower front ones. So, I guess they are a bit loose. I haven't used wax for about a week now. That's nice. I seem to be getting a little bit of a gap in between my upper front two teeth. It looks like I have a piece of pepper stuck betwen my teeth. Very annoying. My spacers are starting to slip all over the place. I'm hopeing I can make it to my April 20th appointment for molar bands with them still in place. I really don't want to have to find time for another appointment between now and then.

Thanks again, guys!
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

Manicmomma

#20 Post by Manicmomma »

KK
... do you mean this is a stain that's been hidden between your two front teeth ... if so, when you have your first teeth clean appointment, ask if they can get rid of it for you!
Nope, no stain. It's actually a small gap that has formed due to the shape of my teeth and those two teeth getting pulled into alignment side by side. I can see the shadow of my tongue through it. My husband says it isn't that bad. It's movement! YAY!

Manicmomma

#21 Post by Manicmomma »

Hi all!

I had my 1st adjustment last Friday (the 20th). Wow! My teeth were very tender as the assistant was pulling of the ligs. I thought there would be no pain considering my teeth were no longer hurting. It was such a weird sensation when the wires were taken off. My teeth wiggled all over the place.

Anyways, I had 2 molar bands put on top and a new stronger archwire put on the top and bottom. When I first got my braces I got clear ligs on the top and silver on the bottom. Well, this time I got royal blue on the bottom. (But stuck with clear for the top.) The royal blue looks awesome. I also got 2 wire ties on the top and one on the bottom instead of ligs. On my most stubborn teeth I suppose.

I'm back to haivng to take ibuprophen (sp?) a couple times a day. Eating really hurts. It's my molars on top that hurt. Right around where I got the bands put on. I'm assuming this is normal for a few days and will go away. It is more painful on my left side than my right. My bottom teeth still make a slight shift if I press down on them with my tongue. So, I try not to do that.

I got my first comment about my braces yesterday. A friend of mine at church noticed and seemed very excited for me. It was embarassing, but made me feel good at the same time that someone cared enough, if you know what I mean. If anyone else has noticed, they've chosen not to say anything.

I've been taking weekly progress pics. I may see the tiniest bit of change but nothing to brag about. Next week when I take my 1 month pic, I'll post it for comparision.

'Til next time!