OH MY GOSH I HURT!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LuvBug26

OH MY GOSH I HURT!!!!

#1 Post by LuvBug26 »

Okay so today is my second day in bottome braces and may I say it's KILLING ME!!!! :oops: I go back on 4/23 to get my top braces on and the rubberbands to connect my top and bottom braces!!! Can't wait for that!! I have to get metal anchors put in after about a month or two in these metal mouth sores!!! I thought it wouldn't be a big deal...that was until i tried to eat!! BIG NO NO!!!! :-+ Good think i can handle some mashed potatos and yogurt!!! So...wanna know my diet secret.....BRACES!!! HA HA!!! :wink: I'm a newbie with pink bands on the bottome metal bracket and will have clear brackets with pink around them too! (hince the name!..plus i just like pink!!!) :pinkbraces:
So...anyone with any good tips or helpful info for me please let me know!!! I'll post some pics when i get them all on!! :tingrin:

LuvBug26

Thank you!

#2 Post by LuvBug26 »

Thanks to KK for her advice! What kind of gum can i chew that won't stick and isn't sugary? And i also didn't know that salt water rinse was so helpful. I'll start that tonight when i get home!! Does anyone use the flouride tooth stuff (for lack of a better word!!) :crazy: after you brush normally? My ortho said it was a must do to keep strong teeth but it usually dries my mouth out a little bit anymore reccomendations for that?
Thanks again for all your help!!! :wink:

ficolepippy

#3 Post by ficolepippy »

Oral B fluoride rinse is a great choice. You dont want to eat or drink or rinse afterward- best to do it just before bed. You can buy it in any dental section.

LaaLaa

#4 Post by LaaLaa »

Hey ThinkPink, I completely understand how you feel. I've only gotten my top braces put on (not even fully because there were two teeth I needed to get extracted) about two weeks ago and the first few days were killer. I had my extractions done (all 4!) this Monday and I gotta say, I'm in pain and in major discomfort, I sometimes can't stand it. :-(( I just took some pain killers so hopefully that'll start working soon. Have you already had your extractions?
Before braces I was an avid gum chewer but since getting them, I haven't really chewed much. But, I love any of the Orbit White gum. They're sugar free, come in different flavors (I personally love the Bubble Mint), and I didn’t have any trouble with sticking. Hopefully, both our pains will start to subside soon.

P.S. I too am very fond of the color pink. :wink:

LaaLaa

#5 Post by LaaLaa »

Sorry for my double post. Grrrr damn errors!!
Last edited by LaaLaa on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaaLaa

#6 Post by LaaLaa »

SORRY FOR MY TRIPLE POST. Damn errors!!

LuvBug26

#7 Post by LuvBug26 »

I am actually surviving....i'll be it barely but i'm sticking it out!! i have started my saltwater rinses at night right before bed and they are helping. I do have to big sores in the back of my mouth from my back to molar brackets. My jaw is so small he practically had to shove my brackets back there but he said i would get used to them....umm....are we sure about that!!! :cry:
I'm using wax religously and trying to chew as much as i can. I haven't adopted chewing gum yet i'm afraid of it sticking to my brackets or getting caught in my wires......but i see that other people are chewing so maybe i'll give it a try!
I have taken three pictures, i'll get them posted as soon as i can so that you guys and see my lovely "metal mouth" LOL! :lol:
I haven't gotten used to talking yet....i spit every now and again and my f's whistle!!! Sometimes my words don't come out right and it frustrates me....i just have to stop and start over again. It's a slow process but i'm getting used to it. :?
I'm still not fond of my Mr. Ed look yet but my family reassures me that i look great and it's just me that thinks otherwise! Makes me feel better! :-#)
I'm 4 weeks away from my first adjustment and my bands and wiring of my lower molar brackets! All in one day! Can we say Tylenol take me away!!! :oops:

I think i'm going to change my lig color to red....maybe red on top and blue on bottom! What do we think about that?!?! HA HA :crazy:

Thank you for all your concern and your help! You guys are AWESOME!!! :banana:

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

Patricia S.

#8 Post by Patricia S. »

Hi ThinkPink,

I know what you mean about the F's and have to stop for a second to start all over. :D It get frustrating but you will get better. I have stared at my teeth more since i have been braced and find all these inperfections that make me feel a little bad (Mr. Ed Look) but then i just think, now that i have braces they will go away. Don't feel like you resemble Mr. Ed, just think of it as having "plump" lips :D              

Patricia

LuvBug26

#9 Post by LuvBug26 »

Thank you for putting it so nicely patricia!! plump lips is something i've always wanted!! ha ha :P
question though....is it normal to have one side more tender than the other? my left side is still tender and hurts to chew..more so my top teeth than my bottoms..but my right side is good....it achs a little everynow and then but nothing like my left uppers. Is that normal? Will it go away shortly? I'm not babying my teeth..i mean i'm chewing regular (or as close as it gets) food like white bread, eggs, toast, some meats...i ate a 3 musketeer yesterday....i'm eating pasta and most of my regular foods now but it just seems like that upper left side hurts to chew on still. Should i be concerned or give it a little longer before I run to my ortho in a panic?? :shock:

LuvBug26

#10 Post by LuvBug26 »

Thanks Kiwi for the help! I was starting to get discouraged about the pain. It hurts to eat anything but soft stuff but I don't want to baby my teeth and have them never get used to real food! My right side is fine but my left is still bothering me. I find i'm using tylenol more than i thought i would be! I have found some mouth wash that's works great at healing my mouth sores!! It's called *Rincinol PRN* by the makers of G-U-M. It's a rinse that you swish around for like a minute and it covers your sores so that while talking or whatever it keeps it from getting irritated constantly and helps it heal faster. So far i'm an avid fan of it! i got it yesterday. i also got these mouth sore protective disks by Orajel. Haven't used those yet but i'm feeling the urge today!! Those are suppsed to last for several hours through eating and drinking too. I'll try those and let you know how they are. :wink: Anything to help ease this pain i'm all for it!!! :? I just wanted to make sure that the pain i'm still feeling on my left side is normal for someone new to braces. And how long does it last? Is it normal for one side to be more sensitive than the other? What about specific teeth to hurt more than others? Will it go away before too long? I don't want a throbbing mouth for the duration of my braces!!! +\+ I'm just glad i didn't have to have any extractions!! That would have been the death of me!!! :yikes:
If this is getting them on...i'm dredding my first adjustment!!!!!!!! :paperbag:

Patricia S.

#11 Post by Patricia S. »

Hi Thinkpink,

I found that my bottom teeth were a lot more sensitive when I first got my braces. After my first adjustment they hurt for the first couple days, my top teeth didn't. Don't forget to keep chewing, it hurts for a while, but it makes my teeth feel tons better if I am feeling a little sore. Give it some time and the pain should go away. The pain just means your teeth are moving, its a great thing, although uncomfortable, it still great! :)

Patricia :D