Manna22: The story of a bartender with braces...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

manna22

Manna22: The story of a bartender with braces...

#1 Post by manna22 »

Greetings All!

So I figured since I'm on here ALL THE TIME getting advice I might as well be like everyone else and record my journey (which I'm also doing on myspace page too)

So about me: I'm 27 a bartender by night and 30 days ago today I got braced with mystiques...top and bottom.

My journey starts with the fact that they say I have GREAT GENES...NOT! :lol: My father has an overbite OR overjet as some call it. He hides it well with a mustache, he's also 54 or so and is in the middle and has been for sometime of getting teeth removed now and having bridges and other work done. My mother, SAYS she has TMJ...she got braces on when I was younger. I remembe them I was a teen. Then she got them off, her teeth looked great and she failed to use her retianer so we can all guess what happned...yes she wasted her money and her teeth went right back to being crooked. Now, she's 49 and he barley has teeth due to her having MS now and not taking care of her teeth.

My teeth weren't THAT BAD. I've always had an overbite/jet like my father...I broke my two front teeth when I was 13 and have porcelin crowns on. But as I got older I hated the way my teeth looked in the mirror, not to mention I was a smoker so my teeth aren't the whitest. either.

I mentioned to my dentist during a cleaning I was interested in doing something to fix my crowns, I feel they are too thick and you can see the grey discoloring at my gum line I guess the inside of the crown is a silver linging of some sort...so anyway...he had suggested that if I want to replace my crowns he thought I should go talk to a orthodontist about possibly getting invisiline. So I did. And that was immediatley shot down. I needed not only top and bottom braces but he suggested i go to the oral surgeon and talk to him about jaw surgery since he considered me a Class II Malclussion. (spell check sorry!!) So after doin molds and visiting with my oral surgeon it was detirmined that my overbite/jet was 8mm and the average person as a 1-1 1/2 mm bite. Hence, surgery would be needed to correct. He said the earliest was 6 months into braces to get the surgery....

I'm 30 days in and just feeling down...I haven't seen much movement. They just put in a spring between my front tooth and cainine to make a bit of room for the tooth between to come a little further out to connect my archwire to the bracket (was just a tad too far to connect when the braces got on 30 days ago) --which now I've found out that the soft tube they put on the spring stains....yikes!!! :shock:

My friends have been supportive...As a bartender I just feel like looks are a lot...not only has the pain been some what bother some from the brackets rubbing my gums at first raw...or me not putting two and two together and realizing that a night of drinking needed lots of water in between due to dehydration...or my mouth will not like me too much in the morning.

But I can say I'm just overly excited to get these bad boys off already!!

I'll be posting pictures of my teeth as my progress comes along...WHEN it comes along. lol 8)

manna22

#2 Post by manna22 »

Hey guys thanks for the responses!!! I've def. seen a difference in my "bite" seems that my molars are in diffferent places LOL :lol: I bite down on my teeth and they just dont feel the same now. Also yes, the flossing I've been able to do, I've noticed where it's harder in spots it's never been difficult in before and boy oh boy I know the soreness of pushing your tongue on the back of your teeth and feeling that...so I know my teeth ARE moving...I guess I was just looking for "immediate straightness" :wink:

Pictures will hopefully come up this weekend...with the holiday I'm busy busy busy!!

Happy Memorial DAy!

allysakiss

#3 Post by allysakiss »

hello! welcome, im new too. good luck with the bartending and let me know how it goes. i am a bartender at a bowling alley and i have lots of regulars who i am a little worried to see next year. i am taking the summer off and returning to work at the beginning of September so i will be very nervous to go back! :?