thnikkaman - Brace Blog

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thnikkaman

#16 Post by thnikkaman »

I broke a bracket off. Damnit.

thnikkaman

#17 Post by thnikkaman »

Hey everyone. You probably all forgot me by now.

Braces are...boring. They are going good I guess. Already more than 5 months with them on. More than 1/3 finished. :)

Everything else is going really well. I was worrying about getting into university at all, and just last weekend I got accepted early to one of my top choices, something I wasn't expecting at all. My writing is going really well too.

Oh yeah, that girl I mentioned...well...er...we started going out and we like each other. A lot. :rose:

Life is good. I hope it lasts.

Stay safe until next time.

thnikkaman

#18 Post by thnikkaman »

They put like...a spring in my teeth. It hurts.

macca

#19 Post by macca »

Hi there,

Sorry to hear the new spring is hurting, but like Meryaten says, it will do it's job for your teeth and help get you closer to the end.

The pain should be like with an adjustment, so it should settle down within a few days. Give it a week and you'll have probably forgot it's there.

All the best.

Laurie

#20 Post by Laurie »

I've heard that springs can be difficult to deal with. Hang in there!

Miss Smiley

#21 Post by Miss Smiley »

Wow......dating the girl from the ortho huh. You must get VIP treatment now. :wink:
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

thnikkaman

#22 Post by thnikkaman »

Well, the spring is not bugging me anymore. My braces in general aren't causing me any problems. My wisdom teeth are causing a bit of aching but nothing big. Not too worried about getting them out anymore.

No Smiley, my girlfriend is another girl I met who is my age. Not an assistant. And she rocks.

2 more weeks and I am half done!

I wonder if braces are looked down upon at university...

thnikkaman

#23 Post by thnikkaman »

Half way done! Time sure does fly.

7 and a half months already! Woohoo!

I'd like to thank Meryaten and KK for being the ones who found time to read and respond all the time. Who were there to answer questions, give feedback and give encouragement.

See you guys on the other side.

thnikkaman

#24 Post by thnikkaman »

Wisdom teeth come out soon.

I am sort of a control freak and I am thinking local anesthesia will be enough. By looking at reports online people who get local anesthesia don't seem to have many problems. I just like the feeling of being in control. There's no chance of me waking up and screaming if I'm not going to sleep in the first place. :)

Any stories or suggestions?

thnikkaman

#25 Post by thnikkaman »

Thanks Karen!

I did a ton of research and already know what stuff to do/not to do. I'm a non-smoker so that won't be a problem.

The only one question I haven't been able to find the answer to is how often I am supposed to change the gauze. But I guess my dentist/surgeon will tell me that.

thnikkaman

#26 Post by thnikkaman »

Hey there. My girlfriend and I just broke up. Since we're going to be far away a long distance relationship would probably be too much to maintain for so long.

So yeah. I feel pretty bad. I had never really cared so much about someone before.

So I am mostly feeling despair in that I feel like I won't ever meet anyone who I can be this happy with. Even though I know I'm young and I probably will find someone who can make me happy, right now it's tough not to feel that way. That's the biggest problem. Everyone I talk to says that time is the only solution though.

This has nothing to do with my braces. But I don't keep any other blogs. I don't know.

Laurie

#27 Post by Laurie »

Time does usually help. That and talking about it to someone you trust.

I've had teeth removed with just general anesthesia and it really wasn't a big deal. Honestly, the worst parts were the sounds and sensations.