EJ's Log [2 Month Comparison]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

e^jtheta

3 weeks into treatment

#16 Post by e^jtheta »

Hey gals, no worries on the pictures. It's always good to see such nice teeth.

Well, yesterday marked my third week with braces. I took some pictures but won't be posting them this time.

I'm guessing that 3 weeks after getting them in, or after getting an adjustment, there isn't much happening anymore and (for the most part) whatever movement was going to happen has already happened. Overall I've noticed that my top teeth have moved a bit and have spaced out even more. I can't see the change, but I can feel it from flossing. It's always been pretty easy, compared with the bottom teeth, to floss up top. Now it's even easier, so there has been some movement.

Meryaten, what you mentioned about the thinness of the lower wire makes sense and is something I had considered, but then didn't think much of it since I don't really know much about braces in the first place. I hope my ortho steps it up a notch on my next visit.

Next Thursday I'm scheduled for my first adjustment. This first milestone seems to have come rather quickly, so it's a good sign that the whole time with braces will really fly by like most people tell me.

Eventually these two years with braces will look like a small blip in time, but for now I'm glad you're all here to share it with. Thanks for stopping by!

EJ

e^jtheta

Re: 3 weeks into treatment

#17 Post by e^jtheta »

Not at all!! The whole basis of modern ortho is the application of light (biologically appropriate) continuous forces. Those archwires will still be busily working away - don't be disppointed if you have adjustments where teh archwires are not changed! KK will remind us that she has only had two sets of wires throughout her treatment to date!
Cool, that's both informative and encouraging.

e^jtheta

#18 Post by e^jtheta »

On a random note... I noticed that the photos are not showing up in my previous posts. Sometimes the server where I've uploaded the photos is out of service. Sorry about that, it's beyond my control. You get what you pay for!

e^jtheta

the crowded ones are moving!

#19 Post by e^jtheta »

The most exciting thing since I got the braces just happened...

I feel some soreness between my crowded lower incisors!

This is the reason why I got the braces in the first place, and up until now not much had changed with those teeth.

Woohoo! :dance:

e^jtheta

4 week (0.919938 month) comparison

#20 Post by e^jtheta »

Okay, so a decent amount of time has elapsed since the braces came on.

It's time for comparison pics!

I'm a little disappointed with the changes on my top arch (Figure 1). The central incisors are not even anymore; one has come out from the gums more. The archwire itself is now straighter, so this means that the change on my incisors was "intended," or at least that the archwire did what it was supposed to do. Definitely asking the ortho what's up with this and where he's going with it.

In Figure 2, it looks as though the archwire straightened out just a wee bit between the right central incisor and the right canine.

Figure 1 - Open Bite

Figure 2 - Bottom Arch

0.92 months down, 23.08 to go.

EJ

Miss Smiley

#21 Post by Miss Smiley »

I can see a change. Those wires are starting to get straighter!!!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

e^jtheta

2 month update

#22 Post by e^jtheta »

Hey Folks,

I realize now how impatient I was feeling last month. Some on this board have had their braces for 2 years! Just can't see myself there yet.

My girlfriend was the first to notice that my lower arch had improved just as I was complaining about it. On my first adjustment the ortho inserted a spring across two teeth, skipping one. Last week, on my second adjustment, he replaced the spring for a larger one hoping for more dramatic results. He was more confident in not having to remove any teeth, so that was really comforting.

I'm due for a cleaning at my regular dentist later this month. I've noticed that it's become difficult to keep my clean teeth, and I'm noticing some gunk that is sticking to my lower incisors, right under the brackets. If I brush too much in that area it just ends up irritating my gums. The waterpik seems really annoying in the way that it squirts water all over the bathroom, but I try to use it every couple of days. Maybe the key is to see my dentist every 4 months instead of every 6 months while I have braces.

Withour further ado, here are the update photos:

Open Bite

Bottom Arch

EJ