Sirithaeariel's Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirithaeariel

Sirithaeariel's Journey

#1 Post by sirithaeariel »

This will be where I get to tell all of you about my braces journey.

I am going to get spacers in on tuesday the 29th of may. My braces come on June 21st. I will probably update when I get my spacers.

sirithaeariel

#2 Post by sirithaeariel »

I got my spacers today, they didn't really hurt they did feel like she was flossing my teeth with a HUGE piece of floss and didn't remove it. About an hour after they were placed I started to get a headache. Then I started feeling sick. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll post pictures later today once I feel better

sirithaeariel

#3 Post by sirithaeariel »

there are my icky teeth, and my icky white spacers....well I glad their white they blend in more at least. I'm new at the mouth picture taking, Its a little difficult because of my moms uber huge camera grrr. anyway, I also found out that I need a pallet(sp?) expander thing which I hear sucks.

Miss Smiley

#4 Post by Miss Smiley »

Exciting huh! The picture thing gets easier after a while, it just becomes a matter of you being diligent about taking the photos loading them up here.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

sirithaeariel

#5 Post by sirithaeariel »

Miss Smiley wrote:Exciting huh! The picture thing gets easier after a while, it just becomes a matter of you being diligent about taking the photos loading them up here.
yeah It really is, I'm glad this is (by what I've read) is the most uncomfortable part of the procedure. On the bright side I get mac and cheese for the first time in a year :jump:

I also discovered I have a tongue thrust...which for those who don't know is when you swallow your tongue pushes against your front teeth instead of the roof of your mouth

sirithaeariel

#6 Post by sirithaeariel »

Meryaten wrote:Are they planning any habit applinace to help with that, or trusting that by giving the tongue more space it could resolve unaided, or?
I'm not sure right now, but maybe the space from the pallet extender might help it, I may be wrong though

sirithaeariel

#7 Post by sirithaeariel »

Thanks guys :) I will ask him about my tongue thrust on friday when I get fitted for my pallet expander.

Today on my second day of the spacers the pain was what woke me up at 6 in the morning....I can't bite down at all. I'm kind of glad my grandmother gave me chocolate pudding and jello. My teeth hurt anytime they touch... :FeelSick:

sirithaeariel

#8 Post by sirithaeariel »

Meryaten wrote:Do try to get back to chewing as soon as you can - it helps your teeth become less uncomfy that much faster! :thumbsup:
I have been pressing on the spacers with my bottom teeth, I think I'm forming a habit with it though so I don't know if its a good thing or not lol, so I don't know if that can help with getting my teeth more comfortable or not.

sirithaeariel

#9 Post by sirithaeariel »

already my mouth has gotten more adjusted. A spacer fell out yesterday and my mouth stopped hurting as much, but it still hurts. I don't know if that spacer was put in wrong or what but it was killing me. Since I go back tomorrow for my fitting of my pallet extender I'll have them put it back in then.

sirithaeariel

#10 Post by sirithaeariel »

no, the pallet extender isn't going in, they are just measuring and stuff for it. It will go in when I get my braces on...

sirithaeariel

#11 Post by sirithaeariel »

okay, I got I bottem spacers today. They don't hurt just yet but I know the pain comes later. I found my retainer will be what fixes my tongue thrust. The orthodontist said that it will have a attachment that keeps me from haveing a tongue thrust. I will post a pic of my bottoms later

kirjax

#12 Post by kirjax »

good luck with your treatment.

Spacers by far are the worse!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

sirithaeariel

#13 Post by sirithaeariel »

yeah, I moved into my college prep dorm room last night....wow that was a lot of work. For the next month I go to the college taking high school classes. I am in a program called upward bound and they do this from your freshmen year to your senior year, which is really cool. My teeth don't hurt as much now, probably because I have to eat more hard food than when I was home, but I also take pain medicine before classes and at lunch so that helps. other than that my spacers haven't bothered me lately. I'm sorry I haven't posted bottom pics, my mum has the camera, there are pics on it, I just don't have it.

Laurie

#14 Post by Laurie »

I know a couple of people who have a retainer for tongue thrust. They say it takes a little getting used to but it's not a big deal.

sirithaeariel

#15 Post by sirithaeariel »

I know a couple of people who have a retainer for tongue thrust. They say it takes a little getting used to but it's not a big deal.
Cool, thanks for the input :) Like I said before I believed my biting down on my spacers to be habit forming and what do you know I was correct! I have found that recently I have been biting down on them with out noticeing it. Kind of a funny habit huh?[/quote]