Spacers!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MetalMouthBraceFace

Spacers!

#1 Post by MetalMouthBraceFace »

On Tuesday, I went to the dentist, not the ortho just the regular dentist and I got 2 teeth pulled. So, what they did was they put me on laughing gas and then let me breathe it in for like 3 minutes and then the dentist came in with this needle and gave me a shot of novacaine in the mouth. After that he just let me breathe in the laughing gas as my cheeks started to feel numb. Then he took this small little tool and popped my 2 teeth out like nothing. After that, they molded my teeth with clay and put metal rings around my teeth in the back and then cemented them there. Then, they cemented this really annoying big thing to the roof of my mouth and then hooked a wire from the annoying thing to the metal rings on my teeth. They are spacers! They are so annoying! If you've ever had gum or peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth, that is what the spacer feels like constantly [b]except[/b] it's cemented so I can never take it off like a retainer.
I've gotten use to them now though. In 2 weeks I have to go back and get two more teeth pulled and get a spacer on my bottom. Then, I'll have a spacer on my top and bottom for 3 weeks. Finally, after all that pain, I'll visit the ortho, he'll take them off (which will feel so awesome because then I can lick the roof of my mouth :] ) and mold my teeth and the next time I visit the ortho he'll give me [b]my new metal smile.[/b] :D

sirithaeariel

#2 Post by sirithaeariel »

actually spacers are little rubber bands that go between your teeth, I should know, I hate them, ugh. What you have sounds like a pallet extender, I have to get one of those too. Here is my braces story, which includes pictures of my spacers so you know what I mean

viewtopic.php?t=19195&start=0

there is the chance that I might be completely wrong and if I am then I'm sorry lol[/url]