Louise's braces update

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Louise

Louise's braces update

#16 Post by Louise »

Thanks for all your comments.

Tin Indian - I love these colour of ligs but I am not sure if they are teal colour. I've had this colour before and I got more of a reaction from people because they are so bright so I decided to go back to them.

linda21 and KK - your comments are always so great!

sjsarre - my ortho has not made a date yet for my removal of the upper brace but she says that I am heading down that road. I can't wait.

Louise

Louise's braces update

#17 Post by Louise »

Hello its me again. Just updating my progress after my adjustment today. I can't remember how many adjustments I've had - I have lost count! :Questions:

My ortho says that my lowers have moved loads this time round. :jump: As I mentioned in my other posts, my lower canines were very twisted and were not moving at all. The special wire that was applied a few months ago has really made them move and it has created spaces to allow them them to move more freely.

Now that the canines have moved, my ortho had to reposition the brackets sitting on both canines. The reason for this is because when I first got my lower brace fitted, my ortho had great trouble bonding the brackets on these two teeth because they were so twisted and out of place.

I am so pleased with this movement and I really notice a difference with my bite. I have still not reached the stage yet when I will be discussing the subject of whether I will need jaw surgery or wear a permanent retainer.

Today

Today

Today

In the picture above, you can see the spaces that have been created. I have also noticed that the archwire appears more straight. They must be moving!

platinum

#18 Post by platinum »

wow!
just read your story! Your uppers look great and your lowers arre getting there.

Are you near the end of your treatment?

Louise

Louise's braces update

#19 Post by Louise »

Thanks for all your replies Platinum, linda21, and KK

I am so glad that other people are noticing changes as well. I should probably be at the end of my treatment in the summer some time.

bebeger

#20 Post by bebeger »

WOW...

your braces looks great!!

i love your choice of colours...

And im sure your teeth would look reallly good w/o the braces! its soooo near to perfection already! :)

Louise

Louise's braces update

#21 Post by Louise »

Hi again. Had another adjustment today so this means another update from me. I got a thicker wire fixed onto my lowers and my ortho says that there has been further improvement again. On my next appointment she is going to discuss with me about the option of getting jaw surgery or having a permanent retainer fixed onto my lowers.

At the moment I don't really fancy going through with the surgery but I will see how I feel when we discuss the matter further, but if I decide to go for the permanent retainer I could have my braces off in a couple of months. Fantanstic. :banana:

Here are my pics from today

platinum

Re: Louise's braces update

#22 Post by platinum »

What do you mean with the permanent retainer?

When i did my consultations i was told that the cheapest way to "correct" my deepbite would be to shave my lower incissors shorter, and wear hawley retainer rest of my life to prevent them growing back or tilting backwards....

My problem to what I wanted a solution was a facial pain caused my lower incissors pressing my upper teeth/palate due to my deepbite.

Other possibility would have been a jaw surgery that would also fix my overjet.

I am not so bothered about my overjet, and it seems it can be fixed with braces only, too :)

Louise

#23 Post by Louise »

Hello, thought I would update things.Got my braces adjusted a few hours ago and don't have a date yet for when my braces get removed.

My ortho is going to arrange an appointment with a surgeon at some point to discuss the option of jaw surgery.I have been against surgery all through my treatment but I have been thinking about it more recently.My jaw has been clicking and is quite painful when it does this.It almost feels like it is popping out of place.My jaw needs to be brought forward to get everything lined up.

So I will see how this appointment goes and make my decision then.Here are my photos. :P

Tin Indian

#24 Post by Tin Indian »

Louise, Your teeth look awesome!!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08