Sirithaeariel's Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirithaeariel

#16 Post by sirithaeariel »

Hello all

It's been a while since I've updated. Well I got my braces on yesterday and my mouth felt really tired about 8 and so I went to be really early and I woke up at like 4ish. My pallet extender makes it hard to swallow and makes me slurp. I also sound funny.

I will post updated pics in a little bit. right now its like 4 in the morning and I don't think my mother wants to take them right now lol.

Miss Smiley

#17 Post by Miss Smiley »

How cute, you have your mom take your pics! My parents are not really interested in the process of my teeth being fixed, more like the outcome. Hope your braces won't be giving you too much trouble over the weekend.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Laurie

#18 Post by Laurie »

Yeah! You got them on! After a while things will get better.

sirithaeariel

#19 Post by sirithaeariel »

Well, tomorrow I go and get my check up for my braces.....I don't know if I should look forward to missing school or not. I've heard the first few adjustments hurt for a while then you get used to them.

In other news I've learned to tango in 3 days, well not even that, 3-5 hours a day for 3 days. Yay for a lip syncing contest. Its a little off topic I know, but anyone seen rent? well Tango Maureen is what my friend and I are dancing too. Yeah, just a tiny bit off topic.

So will my teeth hurt after I get them tightened and stuff?

sirithaeariel

#20 Post by sirithaeariel »

Wow, thanks for the info, I had no idea they didn't tighten them!

sirithaeariel

2 weeks

#21 Post by sirithaeariel »

I've had my braces for two weeks now...yay! a couple of my teeth hurt and are loose but other than that I feel very happy with them. I've noticed a MAJOR difference with my two front teeth ^___^ I barely notice my RPE anymore, except when eating certain things.

for those of you who were wondering, here is the video of my lip syncing contest thing I told you all about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_EvQtq9BnvA

twas fun ^___^

sirithaeariel

#22 Post by sirithaeariel »

KK wrote:Thanks for the YouTube link Sirithaeariel ... well done ... especially the tango ... looks like you both would have had fun practising! :jump:

How was your first adjustment?

Here's to more progress! :banana:

well actually they didn't adjust them at all.....We drove for an hour for me to go in there and like the looked in my mouth and said "yep everything okay" then we drove an hour back....I've been told this is common though...

sirithaeariel

#23 Post by sirithaeariel »

'ello, 3 weeks with my braces as of today, and my two front teeth have separated quite a bit. My overbite is almost nonexistent so yay! just wanted to post a little update today lol

Laurie

#24 Post by Laurie »

Progress is always good!

sirithaeariel

#25 Post by sirithaeariel »

okay guys, I have a huge question, one of my brackets on my bottom front teeth is loose, I'm going on a trip this week so I can't go into the ortho, I know I need to piece my food to keep from breaking it off the wire, which is the only thing (besides the lig) that is holding it on. What more can I do to help it from being damaged until I can get to the ortho next week?

sirithaeariel

#26 Post by sirithaeariel »

phew, I made it though my trip but noticed that the tooth that the bracket broke on was becoming really annoying, so today we went in and got a new bracket and they replaced my bottom ligs with silver and green to celebrate my finishing the 7th harry potter book. When I go in on the 15th I will get silver and green on the bottom and red and orange on the top ^___^ I'm such a Harry Potter freak/nerd. They added a spring thing to separate the space where that tooth had moved back so that it can move forward, so right now I'm back to mac and cheese because the tooth has already almost moved back in line and it hurt quite a bit. Good news is my mum is going to try to talk to my band teacher about me not playing for a few days which would hurt for me to do.

sirithaeariel

#27 Post by sirithaeariel »

okay, I'm worried, I can feel my pallet extender between my teeth, Is this normal, I'm just worried that It will become more loose, I dunno, maybe I'm paranoid, but best make sure. I go back to the ortho on the 15, which happens to be the day before I start school >< do you think I can wait till then?

sirithaeariel

#28 Post by sirithaeariel »

well I've been busy with school starting and such so I've had like no time to post, I've got a current picture, although not the best, done with my mother's cell phone.

I hate the gap between my bottom and top teeth, although I know it will be fixed. the spring things aren't that bad, I was glad that they pushed my front teeth back together.

my top right k-9 still had a baby tooth underneath it by the time I went to the ortho for my latest adjustment so he was like
"so you working on this tooth?"
"yeah"
"mmmhmmm" and he puts his hand in my mouth and yanks it out...talk about surprise people!

I have Gryffindor ligs now, and a friend of mine has slytherin ligs. kinda funny that it wasn't planned either.

I found out that me beginning to feel my RPE between my gums at time is normal, the ortho said it was teeth movement thats all.

well, that was alot of news since my last post ^__^; I'm slightly more confident in smiling than I was before this last adjustment.

My next post should have a picture of my b-day, I haven't posted it yet, be prepared for scary lip expander things :tingrin: