GemGal's Story (New with ANGRY GEM RANT ON PAGE 4)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhonda30

Elastic buddies

#31 Post by rhonda30 »

I am new to the archwired community and just read your entire story. How interesting. Even if the six month braces are 10 month braces the results will be worth it. You will be flashing your hollywood smile while I'm still wearing metal artwork.

I must admit that when I saw your elastic configuration it made me feel better. Now when I change my four rubber bands I will think of you and say it could be worse.

I hope all goes well with the graduate school admission.

Miss Smiley

#32 Post by Miss Smiley »

Gem- :shock: that was my expression when I saw your elastics... I would give you a gold plaque for wearing that "Ostrich" config. Bravo!!! I'd be too confused to wear it correctly.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

GemGal

Re: Elastic buddies

#33 Post by GemGal »

rhonda30 wrote:I am new to the archwired community and just read your entire story. How interesting. Even if the six month braces are 10 month braces the results will be worth it. You will be flashing your hollywood smile while I'm still wearing metal artwork.

I must admit that when I saw your elastic configuration it made me feel better. Now when I change my four rubber bands I will think of you and say it could be worse.

I hope all goes well with the graduate school admission.
Thank your lucky stars! That ostrich still hurts.

Thank you for your grad school wishes because... IT MUST HAVE WORKED!!! I will be starting in September (part time). I am so excited. =)
XOXO
GemGal

GemGal

#34 Post by GemGal »

Miss Smiley wrote:Gem- :shock: that was my expression when I saw your elastics... I would give you a gold plaque for wearing that "Ostrich" config. Bravo!!! I'd be too confused to wear it correctly.
It does take some getting used to, but with practice, its not that bad getting them on... it just hurts to wear them all night...

I have my next ortho visit monday so they'll be an update shortly. :)
XOXO
GemGal

GemGal

#35 Post by GemGal »

Hello everyone! Here's my update.

At my adjustment yesterday, I got good news and bad news... well not that bad. First the good news. Actually GREAT news... BYE BYE OSTRICHES!!!! :) The not so good news is that i have to wear two elastics full time on each side to straighten up my midline and I'm good to go! I just don't know how long thats going to take. I should probably ask on the main forum peoples experiences.
XOXO
GemGal

GemGal

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

#36 Post by GemGal »

I am so MAD I could scream for hours! :evil: :x :evil:

I would like to warn the archwired community to stay away from *too good to be true* type of promises. It's been ONE YEAR since I've been braced and I'm STILL BRACED. I know many of you are like, well that's normal, but I paid a premium for six month braces. I was warned ahead of time it may take at the most nine months.... Well it's been twelve and I'm still braced.

-I'm mad at myself for falling for it.
-I'm mad at my ortho for lying to me.
-I'm mad at the premium I paid for the six month braces.
-I'm mad that they weren't keeping me informed enough to be prepared.

I have an ortho appointment today and I want to give them a piece of my mind, because I can already see, just by looking in the mirror, that these are not ready to come off.

I really need to calm down before I flip out at his office today, but at the same time I really want to confront him. Ya Know?
XOXO
GemGal

Miss Smiley

#37 Post by Miss Smiley »

Um.......YIKES! I'd be scared to be your ortho! Hopefully your ortho is reasonable person and will compromise with you some how.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

nerdgirl

#38 Post by nerdgirl »

I certainly don't blame you for being upset! I hope things go okay for you at your appointment. That does totally suck!

They should have been more up front with you when discussing your treatment. It would have been better than being told one thing and then having to experience another.

Even so, I hope you can stay positive and know that you'll have beautiful teeth when all is said and done. :rose: