Veronica's "Journey"

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ronnie889

Veronica's "Journey"

#1 Post by ronnie889 »

Hey guys!
I just got braced today. I got myself some lovely ceramics and I couldn't be happier. I think I had built some fear up in my head that I would look HORRIBLE and my life would change drastically. When in fact, this is the most confident I've ever been... I've smiled more today than I have in years. My appointment was at 10 am today, the doctor was lovely and talked me through all the steps. Basically I have impacted bicuspids. One is almost down, and the other needs to be uncovered and brought down. The whole process took about 2 hours. My mouth has never felt so dry. I feel horrible pressure, but I'm sure that will fade in a couple days. My only complaint is that I can't eat because my top teeth keep hitting my bottoms! But my dentist/ortho said that once the bottoms start moving, my bite will even out. Once I was done most of the Hygenists stopped me and said they've never seen ceramic brackets before and cheered me on - now that made my day. Total estimated treatment time: 7-12 months.

My uncovering surgery is June 15th. That I think I will be very very nervous about.
I didn't get any before pictures, as I do not have my camera and the pictures I do have the quality isn't very good - so you can't really see the braces in the shots (which I'm sure is a great thing).

Forgive my messiness. 4 hour naps and 2 hours in the dentist chair will do that to you.

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

WElcome to this awesome board Veronica! :-1

Congratulations on becoming braced! :thumbsup: Sorry to hear that you're in pain but that is only temporary! :wink: Great to hear that you love your new smile and are very confident about smiling, most people can't say that at this stage! :dance:

I also have an impacted bicuspid and had 2 impacted canines! :shock: I thought I was the only one with an impacted bicuspid, great to know that I'm not! :D The surgery really isn't too bad, you'll be pretty sore for a few days and on a liquid diet but just remember to take your prescribed pain killers and you'll be ok! :) My tooth is already coming down on its own and I'm so excited! :-#) I just can't wait to go see my ortho so he can start pulling it down! :)

Good luck with your surgery and braces journey! 7-12 months is quite short! Wish my treatment time was that long! :wink: Nope, I got more than 2 years to go and I've already completed 2 years! :roll:

~Hannah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

ronnie889

#3 Post by ronnie889 »

Well they said that was a "rough" estimate. Hopefully it'll be true.
I'm glad we both have impacted bicuspids. One of mine is almost down on it's own, and one isn't even CLOSE to being down.

It's kind of cool to feel the teeth 'moving' though.

Thank you for your support.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome to the board and congrats on getting braces :)

I have a similar situation to you; i have my lower 2nd bicuspid partially out...my ortho put a bracket on it a week and a half ago so it should start moving soon! And my upper 2nd bicuspid is out by a bit...enough to put a button on it to make it move down...but my ortho needs to make some space there to see if it will come down on its own. Otherwise if the button doesn't work I'll need some kind of surgery.

Let us know how the exposure goes when you have it done in a few weeks.

See ya around the board!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

ronnie889

#5 Post by ronnie889 »

Well I had the exposer surgery yesterday.
Wow, what an experience.
Me not ever having any surgery done of any kind was super nervous, so I got knocked out with an IV + Laughing Gas.
Supposedly it only took 30 minutes because they were only attaching the gold chain to one of the tooth and just exposing the other so my dentist could but a bracket on that right away (because it was already coming down on it's own - just not fast enough).
I was so out of it, the next thing I knew I was home - they attached everything straight after the surgery - which was a little much for my body to take. Every time I moved I got sick - which was even more digusting because I hadn't eaten anything so I was just throwing up stumach acid and blood. It wasn't fun. I've been drinking smoothies and having my pain pills (oxycontin I think) for the past day.

My surgeon didn't tell me to do any warm salt rinse after. Is that normal?

ronnie889

#6 Post by ronnie889 »

It's been forever since I've updated, and I'm nearing the end (I think) so I thought I would update!

I've had braces for about 14 months now, my teeth are looking straight, and at my last appointment the mold for my bottom retainer was taken and I was given Sea Lion elastics to be used in a triangular formation.

The braces will be off in a couple months if I can keep using the elastics 24/7. Let me tell you, it's tough, I've never felt pain like this before!

Milk n Cereal

#7 Post by Milk n Cereal »

Welcome back Ronnie! Awesome news that the end is near! I hope those elastics start treatin' you better. :)

Cheers! :-88

Click on WWW below for my story!

cwatt1

#8 Post by cwatt1 »

Ronnie, I just took a look at your blog -- haven't finished reading it, but much of it. I'm sure your teeth will look fantastic when you're finally naked!

Doesn't sound like your OS was too much fun, and I know your elastics have been a pain in the #$%^. But it will hopefully all be worth it! If your original pics are any indication, you'll look amazing!

Continued success to you :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

chillin-in-grilz

#9 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Awesome journey so far. And that is good that your exposure surgery went along well.
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

Laurie

#10 Post by Laurie »

You know I'm having more and more trepidation about elastics! But I keep telling myself that when I finally get to them then it won't be that long until the end!