Plasticwings Braces Story UPDATE 9/27 w/ PICS [more to come]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

plasticwings

#16 Post by plasticwings »

Well. It's been a good month or so since I've updated, but I can safely say that my toothies have moved ALOT. :D Everybody is meeting with each other. Hopefully they'll take out that stupid expander next month. :roll:

victor36

#17 Post by victor36 »

congratulations on your amazing progress! you are not going to have any regrets about getting braces. My only regret is that I didn't get them sooner. But hey, better late than never, right?
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

Laurie

#18 Post by Laurie »

Here's to that expander coming out soon!

cwatt1

#19 Post by cwatt1 »

Plasticwings,, comparing your latest pics with your previous ones is like night an day! What progress -- especially your wayward canine!.

How's your mom, by the way?

Click here to read about my progress.

MommaDucky

#20 Post by MommaDucky »

Hi there PlasticWings:

I just read your story and WOW! I'm amazed at how much progress you've made with the braces - your teeth sure are moving fast! My upper left canine was situated much higher than the rest of my teeth in my upper arch - your 'before' pictures with your stubborn upper canine reminded me a lot of my own smile.

Congrats on making so much progress in such a short span of time - I'll bet you're very pleased! It really does feel good when you notice a lot of movement... it makes you feel as though you won't really be wearing those braces forever!

Looking great, keep up the good work!
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

plasticwings

#21 Post by plasticwings »

Wow. It's been a LONG time since I've been on here. I'm sorry guys for the late update. I can say this much - I've never been happier with my toothies. They are moving along so well. So well that I can't seem to capture them on camera. Apparently my new camera just doesn't want to capture the braces. Oh poohey.
So September 10, I went in thinking I was going to get my expander off, but NOooooo.... The doctor said that my teeth need to be in-line a little more. Other than that, they look great. I realized after while that he was right about leaving it in. I'm so use to it, it's like I was born with this expander. However, I'm DEFINITELY ready to let go.
So, I got my icky powerchain off and they gave me a new thicker wire. Hooray for my first adjustment! No powerchains this time! My teeth were sore for about a day, but everything has been great since then.
On another positive note, I have a set date for my lower braces! The ortho said he'll for-sure take out my expander AND put my lower braces on, on November 5. So, October 30, I go in for a mold of my lower teeth. Whoo Hoo!
So here's an old picture taken September 10. I will be posting a new picture in the next couple of days when I can get ahold of my nifty camera phone (better picture, crappy quality).
So enjoy. (By the way, the wire is much straighter now than in this picture.)

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm really happy with it all.

Oh and MommaDucky, we do share similar old smiles. lol That's crazy, but it makes me feel good that somebody has experienced that same problem. :D I don't feel so alone

MommaDucky

#22 Post by MommaDucky »

Awesome, PW! Glad to hear that the end is in sight with the expander. Your upper arch looks fantastic in your photo - I'm sure it's even better now, two weeks later! Isn't it amazing how fast the alignment stage happens? It feels good to make that kind of progress. Keep up the good work!
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

plasticwings

#23 Post by plasticwings »

Ok. So here's the most recent picture taken of my teeth just a few minutes ago. That adjustment has sure made some sort of a difference.

MommaDucky: Yeah, it is amazing how fast the alignment stage has been going. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll pass it on to my teeth. It might add to their already high self esteem. Just kidding. :lol:

KK: I'm super ecstatic about the RPE coming out. I'm glad there's an actual SET date. :wink:

plasticwings

#24 Post by plasticwings »

I've been debraced...finally. It all took place August 5, 2009. Two years since I lasted posted I had been wearing only my top braces. About a month later my bottom brackets were put on. A year later I was wearing elastics...and if I hadn't been so stubborn about wearing them all the time, I probably would've had my braces off in less than two years. A year after first starting elastics, I had my braces taken off, just in time for my birthday wish was 3 days after getting them taken off. So far I'm pleased with the results. Grant it, I'm having trouble with my right lateral incisor (it pushing itself back...) and canines are slightly discolored. Good news is that I go back in four months to get a bonded retainer on top and after talking to my dentist about it, I'm planning on professionally whitening my teeth in February. What can I say, it's been a long journey but I'm so pleased by the results.

I'll have to post pictures soon. :D

plasticwings

#25 Post by plasticwings »

This is completely irrelevant to my story, but I have got to be the biggest dweeb. What happen to being able to change the topic title like I was able to back in the day? lol I guess that's what happens when you don't update for two years.

plasticwings

#26 Post by plasticwings »

Here's pictures... Teeth still seem crooked, but it's all good.

Retainer....GO LONGHORNS!