MommaDucky: update pg. 13 - nearly 6 mos!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miss Smiley

#106 Post by Miss Smiley »

Wow, MommaDucky, your teeth have really come a long way in such a short period. Can't wait to hear about your sealant adventure. :D
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

flesh-was-sweet

#107 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Absolutely fantastic progress MommaDucky!

Great ligs too!

sgguy

#108 Post by sgguy »

Mommaducky, ur progress is an excitement to read up on... hope I can go at your pace.. my teeth does need the acceleration..

chillin-in-grilz

#109 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Your changes are amazing!
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

MommaDucky

#110 Post by MommaDucky »

TWSS: glad you see the movement too, that means I'm not crazy!

KK: I haven't heard anyone use the word pagan in a long time! Typically, I think of paganism as being very broad and undefined, there are so many different things that could be considered pagan. In any case, I don't want to pry - don't worry! I don't quite know where I fit in with religion, if I do at all. Have fun with your chocolate, though. Good stuff.

Miss Smiley: thank you! I had a freaky dream last night that I looked into the mirror and my front centrals and laterals on both upper and lower arches were getting worse and worse by the minute- as I watched in the mirror they were becoming more crowded again, and in the dream I called the ortho and he told me that it was bound to get worse before it got better! Yikes... I woke up this morning running my tongue along my teeth just to be sure. Everything looks okay though.

Flesh, sgguy, and chillin:
Thank you all for the kind words! I'm very glad I did this. The only gripe I have (as well I'm sure many of you share with me) is that I wish I'd done it sooner.

Well, no crazy sealant adventure to tell about here. My van was still in the shop being worked on by the time my appointment rolled around. My husband and my mother in law (who lives very near me) were out of town, and my father in law was busy and couldn't bring me there. I rescheduled for sometime in the second week of October, I think.

Got the momma-mobile back, and it's running smoothly again. I sure did miss it for the three days it was out of commission. I didn't bring it in right away because I thought it might be a short of some kind - the power steering went out, and it did so as I was driving through some torrential rain on the way home. I figured I drove through a large puddle and some water shot up and shorted out some circuit that deals with power steering. So the first day and a half it was sitting in front of my house, because I thought it needed to dry out. My father in law strong-armed the thing down about four blocks to the nearest body shop that afternoon, and they said it was the belt. They replaced it the next day and I had my vehicle back at about 3:00. I just hated being stuck in the house, though! It reminds me of the days before I got the van (it's my first vehicle, never bought one before) and how lonely it would get being at home all day, even with my son. Hopefully it won't be nearly as lonely by the time he can hold a conversation with me!

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by. I'll definitely keep you updated!
-Katherine-

see my braces story here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20273

plasticwings

#111 Post by plasticwings »

Wow. I can surely see a difference in the 3 week comparison, especially with the bottom teeth.

I must say, your toothies have came A LONG way. I'm so impressed. Your smile is looking fabulous. :D

jamie315

Looking good

#112 Post by jamie315 »

Wow Mommaducky, every time looking better, the tops I still cannot believe. The bottoms are looking so good, moving more and more each adjustment. I love your halloween spirit, btw, such a fun and enchanting holiday u know.

jennandtonic

#113 Post by jennandtonic »

Fifth adjustment?! Geez, time sure does fly when you're having fun!

You have made great progress since I check with your story last. Wow! :shock:

metalmom

#114 Post by metalmom »

I thought I posted to you yesterday and I didn't!! I'm a slacker!! Sorry about the van.. I always hate it when that kind of thing happens to me. Hopefully it will be up and going soon. WOOHOOO!!!! for the pumpkins!! I'm counting down to the pumpkin patch. We're doing that next weekend because the hubby leaves the next Weds for the annual hunting trip in Colorado.

Let's talk teeth. haha OMG OMG OMG!! You're bottom teeth are ROCKING!!!! You have got to be so excited. They're so straight already!! I bet this is a quick adventure for you. I can't wait to see what happens next! lol

Have a great weekend!!!

iBorg

#115 Post by iBorg »

Had a moment to check your progress today. There's a whole lot of movement going on there! The bottoms are great.

As for Halloween, everyone in my family really gets into it. My nine year old has Charlie Brown's "I got a rock" down so well its amazing. It will be interesting with two of us in braces if our pumpkin will sport some metal.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

MommaDucky

#116 Post by MommaDucky »

Thanks everyone, for stopping by! I really appreciate all the awesome comments from you guys - it makes me so fat headed when you all give me such lovely compliments! I haven't been around lately.... so busy! But I'm back now, and with updates on my 6th adjustment to boot!!!

Had my 6th adjustment on October 11th. (I know, I know, I'm late!!) Kept the same wires, but got new ligs of course, and I let my silly husband talk me into getting Halloween colors! Now instead of looking 13, I look 12 and a half...

Anyway, the newest bits of news include: got a PC on the lower right central to lower right canine. Apparently it's supposed to help give the other teeth some room? I thought PC's always squooshed your teeth together, but what do I know? I already notice a difference, though - and one that I hadn't expected. There is a small gap in between the lower centrals! I guess that means the three front teeth on the lower right are moving into the space left by the gap. Only trouble is, my midline is WAAY off in the lower arch, and it's too far to the right!!! I wish we could have pulled the lower left ones over to the left.... Oh well, just gotta have faith in the orthodontist.

Next new thing -- I've now joined the community of class I elastic wearers! I'm supposed to change them every day, which I've been keeping up on very well. (Though it's not saying much, because it's only been two days.) I've got a little baggie full of them, all different colors. My smile looks extra Halloween-y when I add the bright green elastics to my ligs that are orange and black! Today was purple, as chosen by my step daughter, so that's what you get to see in photos.

Other than that, nothing crazy. I was in rather more than a smidge of pain after this adjustment, and it's still lingering a bit. I feel good about it though, because my last couple of adjustments haven't been all that painful. Bring it on!!! I like knowing that those guys are finally whipping into shape. Also, since the ortho's office was super quiet at this last visit, I asked if I could brush and floss before the new ligs went on, and they obliged... very sweet of them to do so. They took out my arch wires and let me carry on. It felt good to floss.

Most of the pain has subsided, but it's still a little sore now. I have that 'itchy' feeling going on though... if they aren't being disturbed by any sort of pressure, it's mostly itchy feeling. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?! :oops:

So, enough with the jibber jabber. Here's what you've all been waiting for.

From three weeks ago, I think I notice:
* smaller extraction gaps
* upper midline is nearer to the center of my face than ever before

....................September 20th ............................................................... October 11th.............................
Image Image

you can see the lower centrals separating due to the PC down there...
Image Image

can't wait to have those babies filed down a bit on the bottom.
Image Image

midline straightening out!
Image Image

those gaps are a bit stubborn, but coming along.
Image Image

CLASS I ELASTICS!!!

right side

left side

Random thought.... upper laterals oftentimes look funny, don't they? All slanty towards the centrals. What's with that?

Anyway, hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! I gotta get working on these pumpkins!!!!!!! Still in the planning stages of the Halloween party we're throwing, but the RSVP date is October 17th. We'll see how many people actually get back to us! Take care. :D
-Katherine-

Cleobabe

#117 Post by Cleobabe »

Great pics MommaDucky! :D You've had so much progress in the last 4 months, it's amazing!! Those orange ligs look really pumpkin-y lol :lol: I like the way the purple looks with it too.

I think I know what you mean about the 'itchy' feeling, my gums feel like that too. Well done for wearing your elastics like you're meant to. One of my friends has delayed her progress by 3 months cos she hasn't been wearing her elastics properly. :?

I can't wait to see photos of your pumpkins this year. You really are very talented. If I could come to your halloween party this year, I would. It sounds like a blast! :banana: :BigGrin:

Bye for now 8)

MommaDucky

#118 Post by MommaDucky »

Thanks, cleobabe!

I've certainly heard horror stories about people having to wear their braces longer than expected just because they go to the 'dark side', as my ortho says. I don't want to get complacent about my treatment, I definitely want to stay proactive with it and make sure I do everything I'm supposed to, so that I can get these off the soonest I can! Not that loathe wearing braces or anything.... :wink:

Also, glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing the itchiness.

Random blurb -- just bought a copy of Stephen Colbert's new book "I am America and So Can You".... can't wait to read it. :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
-Katherine-

jennandtonic

#119 Post by jennandtonic »

Your top arch is coming along beautifully, as are the gaps at the bottom. You've had some great progress!

And you will LOVE it when your centrals get filed down. They will almost look like different teeth!

I don't know what's up with the laterals, but mine do the same thing. It's rather strange! I trust it'll all look great in the end though.

hannahwebbo

#120 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Mommaducky,

Your progress has been fantastic i bet your really thrilled about it.

Ive got to say you are a very talented pumpkin carver. Halloween is not as big over here in the UK as it where you are. i wish it was as it sounds like you have lots of fun. Your ligs look great by the way, very halloweeny!!

I hope your progress keeps on going great

Hannah x