Traceymays story so far 12 weeks in "Pics"

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Traceymay

Traceymays story so far 12 weeks in "Pics"

#1 Post by Traceymay »

Hi all :-1

Traceymay here.

I'm 37 years old and have been unhappy with my teeth ever since my wisdom teeth came through about 9 years ago :cry: They shoved all my upper front teeth forward and made them cross over.

I finally made the decision back in April 2007 after speaking to my dentist to take the plunge and get things sorted.

After a consultation with the ortho, he told me that I needed to have 2 teeth extracted (pre molars) which I was really scared about, as I had a lot of extractions as a kid and did not want any more.

I new that I had to have the teeth extracted if I wanted to go ahead with the braces so I made the appointment with my dentist for the end of July.

I turned up for my appointment and tried to be really positive. When i went into my dentists room he asked me if I was nervous. So i said yes, but lets just get this done. He then looked really embarassed as he explained that the ortho had not recorded which teeth were to be pulled so he had to cancel the appointment. :shock: I was not a happy bunny. :cry:

Any way 2 weeks later I had the teeth extraced (for free, as it was their mistake) :lol: which made it quite a pleasant experience. The nice dental nurse held my hand, and gave me my teeth for the tooth fairy. :dance:

13 Aug 2007 Brace Day !!! oh gosh it felt wierd and my self confidence hit rock bottom :paperbag:. My teeth didn't hurt, just the wires rubbing on the inside of my cheeks, but pleanty of wax and water sorted that out.

15 Aug first picture. My lips are quite swollwn due to tooo much yacking on a night out.

Check out how much my front teeth cross over !!!!

I've now had 2 adjustments and my teeth are wizzing into place

This pic was taken on the 29th Oct just after my last adjustment, and I think that you can tell things have moved.

Gosh look at the length of this post :oops: If you have read all of this, thankyou. Hope I havn't bored you guys toooo much :lol:

I'll try and make more regular post and keep them short(er) and sweet.

One more thing. This site is fantastic!! and dosn't make you feel as though you are the only person going through this journey

Traceymay xx

Cleobabe

#2 Post by Cleobabe »

Hi Traceymay! Welcome to the club :thumbsup:
Your teeth have made fantastic progress already. :)
Don't worry about typing out really long stories...Nobody minds and we all love hearing about how you're doing. Your post wasn't long...trust me.
Have a good day...and keep up with regular up-dates, it's nice to look back and check up on your progress over the months.
Bye for now :D

Traceymay

#3 Post by Traceymay »

Thanks Guys.

My next adjustment is on the 10th December. My teeth are moving that fast i've now got a big gap between my front teeth :oops: I'll post a pic later. My otho did warn me that I would get quite a big gap this time and on my next visit they will work on closing it up :lol: Apparantly he is "tipping my teeth" :shock: but i trust him so i'll just go with the flow.

Cheers - Traceymay xx

Traceymay

#4 Post by Traceymay »

This is a picture taken today of my ever increasing gap! :GapToothed: I can now get my tounge in it which is a bit of a novalty compared to how they used to be. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, it just takes a bit of getting used to :lol:

Me, my brace and my hubby are off to Granada, Spain on Sunday for a short break. Hopefully the Tapas wont cause too much trouble as I just love it, but i'll have my trusty home-made denta kit with me so I can eeek out the chorizo ect.. :-}

Traceymay

4th adjustment

#5 Post by Traceymay »

Hi all
Just had my 4th adjustment on the 10th December. This time the ortho didn't change the wire, instead he put an additional elastic band type thing on, which hooks over each bracket and covers the wire. This is going to close my Madonna Gap between my front teeth with has developed since treatment began :GapToothed: and also close the two extraction gaps.

The front gap is closing nicely (ill post a pic later) though my teeth have become very sensitive, especially now that the weather has got colder. I guess it must mean that they are on the move again.

My short break to Granada was brill, and the nice thing was that I completely forgot about my brace (until I tried to eat the very crusty bread that they serve with all the tapas)

Happy Christmas to everyone
Traceymay x