Neomoon's InspireICE story (it's about time) :)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Neomoon

Neomoon's InspireICE story (it's about time) :)

#1 Post by Neomoon »

Howdy everybody I'll introduce myself:

As my handle says I'm Neomoon, I've used this handle for a while since I'm a huge Matrix fan & my last name in Spanish means "Moon" in English. I'm currently receiving treatment in Houston with Dr. Ray McLendon from Clear Choice Ortho (found him via this segment on a local Houston tv show), I've only been in twice to see Dr. Ray once during the initial exam and the second time when I got my braces put in and he's been great.
I'm 24 but I've been wanting braces ever since I was in middle school but as a child my parents couldn't afford health insurance and getting braces out of my parents pocket was just not possible. Thankfully I graduated from college last May and began my full time career in June, and much to my surprise my company provides us with both medical and dental insurance free of charge as part of our benefits package.

This is where my story begins, I went in to see Dr. Ray in November and that same day he took my molds and let me choose my treatment. I considered Invisalign however due to my severe case of crowding on both my uppers & lowers Dr. Ray suggested that we might get better and faster results with the new InspireICE braces. I got my braces put in on 01/07 and I couldn't be happier, I've been wanting to do this for the longest time and although I'm having pain right now I know it's worth it.

I plan to post some pictures later tonight so you can see how severe my case is and let me know what you guys think of the new braces, the only thing that caught me offguard was that my top braces are the clear ICE braces but the bottom ones are traditional metal, is this a common practice?

Any pointers for getting thru the pain these first couple of days? Suggestions for what type of food would be good to eat until the pain goes away, I've been on an all soup diet :( .

[/url]

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

LUNA! Hahaha sorry I just thought of it right now. ANyhow, welcome to the boards and you should be able to start chewing some soft foods like untoasted or lightly toasted bread right now! You should be able to take some OTC pain meds as you would with a headache about a half hour before meal times. I think I was on a soup and protein shake diet for the first month because my uppers and lowers were braced 2 weeks apart, so right after my uppers started feeling better, my lowers were chained and pained.
I have sapphire braces on my uppers and lowers but with many people on these boards, it seems common to have clear uppers and metal lowers.

Don't forget to keep hydrated and keep the lip balm handy. You'll find that staying hydrated will reduce the chafing in your mouth.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

chillin-in-grilz

#3 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

A million welcomes to the boards
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

hannahwebbo

#4 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi Neomoon

Welcome to the board!!

Im due to get my braces fitted tomorrow and i will be having clear on my uppers and metal pn my lowers and i know that this is quite common practice. You dont really see the lowers that much so the additional cost of having clear braces might not be worth it that much seen as though you dont really see them anyway.

Id say you would be best sticking to soup, soft pasta, mashed potato and things like that if your having trouble eating. I think you can find links on here whihc give great soft food recipes for you to try if you wanted to.

i hope your treatment goes well

Hannah x