AliKat's story so far!!! With Pics!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AliKat

#1 Post by AliKat »

Hi Everyone, thought I would create a blog and tell you all how Im getting on, its been 2.5 weeks since Ive been braced, top ceramics only!

Ive been wanting to get braces for many years now but everytime I asked my own dentist he said it would be lots of pain and discomfort and extractions with not allot of benefit at the end so I kept putting it off......until now that is!!

I went for my first consultation on 21st November and was braced one week later on the 28th Nov
[/img]

I have never liked my two front teeth, I felt they stuck out in front of the rest of my teeth. I have quite small teeth as the picture shows.
My ortho said they are sitting in a V shape just now and he'll make them more of a U shape when he's finished!

Ive to go and get an expander on 7th Jan, he explained this had to go on as Im not getting any teeth removed and that it'll make my smile wider!! Fingers crossed it works!

Im getting married in august next year so before the wedding Ill get the braces removed and Ive been promised they'll look 100 times better than they did, by that time Ill have had them on for 8 months, he said all in Ill have them for 12-14 months.

Here's a picture of my first day in braces.

Image[/img]

Ill post when I get my torture implament fitted, sorry I meant Palatal Expander, Ive been told its not a pleasant experience!!!
Last edited by AliKat on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

Congratulations on your upcoing wedding! You're lucky you get to have an expander to widen your smile! I had a wide smile with crowding so I had to have some taken out, it wasn't too bad. I'm sure you'll see your new smile come together in no time at all!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Jenny from the Block

#3 Post by Jenny from the Block »

Congratulations on getting married! I just got my torture implament today and a word of advice when you get it, eat a lot of food before you go and have it put on. We can compare stories of our torture implaments and help each other get through it.

Jenny from the Block

AliKat

#4 Post by AliKat »

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would give you an update, I went for my first adjustment yesterday and was also fitted with an expander - it seems a little different to the ones I have read about on here as I dont need to "turn" it, I think my orth adjusts it when I get my wire and ligs changed.

Im not having a great time with the expander, I find it very difficult to eat and swallow and the amount of saliva in my mouth is unreal - dont think Ill ever get used to it!!

All Ive ate since yesterday is soup - im sure ill get bored of it soon!!

Ive to have it on for 4 months - it cant come quick enough.
The reason i had to get it fitted was because im not getting any teeth extracted so this it to make room for them all, just spread them out a bit!

Im getting married in August so this will help with the diet as I cant eat!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fist one is my expander, 2nd one is my new white wire & white ligs!!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg25 ... 2286-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg25 ... 0_2283.jpg

Expander fitted 07/01/08
1st Adj 07/01/08

mar

expander

#5 Post by mar »

Hi AliCat. I'm curious if you had to have surgery to open your palatal suture first. Thanks a lot. Mar

AliKat

#6 Post by AliKat »

Hi mar,

No I havent had any surgery, just impressions taken then put in on Monday - im a bit curious how it it going to work - he hasnt really said how much he expects it to move so who knows how it will work!!

Expander fitted 07/01/08
1st Adj 07/01/08

Miss Smiley

#7 Post by Miss Smiley »

Oooh you've got one of those cool quad helix kinds where the coils do all the work.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

AliKat

#8 Post by AliKat »

Is that what it's called Miss Smiley!! I didnt even know that!!

My ortho just seems to put stuff in my mouth and not tell me what they are or what they do!!

I was a bit baffled as to how it would actually work - so you say its the coils that do the work - ill need to look into that!!

Expander fitted 07/01/08
1st Adj 07/01/08