Look at my new pics! Its amazing!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

anastasia12

#16 Post by anastasia12 »

I had canines way up the gums too! They came down after 4 months of having the braces on. This was after having 8 extractions at once though. Give it time! I thought they would never drop!

ljandersmith

#17 Post by ljandersmith »

your teeth look great im amazed. i always hated having "fangs". But here i am at 31 fixing that! Haha

ljandersmith

#18 Post by ljandersmith »

I think Im obssessed with staring at my teeth for any movement and comparing photos to see if i can see any difference! Ha crazy. Between wedding web sites and this web site, a little myspace..... Im on this computer WAY to much!!

SmileUnderConstruction

#19 Post by SmileUnderConstruction »

Hello ljandersmith, I think your smile will be great, no matter what on your wedding day. You will be so happy that day that everyone there will see you beaming, you are a beautiful girl, so I am quite sure your day will be great, plus you have clear uppers so they will not show up much in your wedding pics. :wink: I am very new to braces but it will all be so worth it in the end. I will keep an eye on your journey.
My sentence is a Minimum of 24 months
I am in for a bite issue
I am a all metal girl :)

ljandersmith

This just doesnt seem right....

#20 Post by ljandersmith »

So after lunch today my teeth have a nice gap. I know people say this is normal, or that it gets worse before it gets better. however I need that space for my canines to move to. Not my two front teeth! Laugh, this is outrageous. I think its funny but im a little concerned. Do I call my ortho or let these braces do their thing/

Lisa65

#21 Post by Lisa65 »

Your teeth will move around all over the place to begin with. But don't worry about that gap. Your ortho might give you a power chain next time you go, and that little gap will close up within a couple of days once you get one of those suckers on! :D

ljandersmith

#22 Post by ljandersmith »

Thanks everyone. i will just leave my poor ortho alone then. Those poor guys must get the silliest phone calls. Thank Goodness we have a site like this! :oops:

AmybettyB

#23 Post by AmybettyB »

hey ljandersmith,

Your teeth look a lovely shape so I'm sure you will have a beautiful smile when your treatment is over. I had "fangs" too and was amazed how quickly they moved, I've been in braces 6 months and barely recognize my smile anymore!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!!

Amy

ljandersmith

#24 Post by ljandersmith »

Hi thank you! Do you have photos online as well. :)

Miss Smiley

#25 Post by Miss Smiley »

when closing gaps, you'll find that other gaps may open. My ortho opened some gaps to close the extraction ones, now we're almost done closing ALL the gaps.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

FITeach

Re: This just doesnt seem right....

#26 Post by FITeach »

ljandersmith wrote:So after lunch today my teeth have a nice gap. I know people say this is normal, or that it gets worse before it gets better. however I need that space for my canines to move to. Not my two front teeth! Laugh, this is outrageous. I think its funny but im a little concerned. Do I call my ortho or let these braces do their thing/
Ha ha, you call that a gap. Look at my AWEFUL TEETH!!!
Now thats a gap!

AmybettyB

#27 Post by AmybettyB »

Hey,

my story is here viewtopic.php?t=20377 "A bad start but it can only get better"

You shouldn't worry about the gap, its a positive thing, it means your teeth are moving :D
[/url]

Teabing

#28 Post by Teabing »

Hey there, I'm in this for the wedding too! Have just had mine fitted and getting married in December.....my ortho is actually taking my braces off for the wedding, giving me a retainer and then re-fitting them afterwards. Like you, I'm praying that there will be plenty of movement pre-wedding so they look half decent! I haven't even had the braces on a week and can't stop looking at them!

Good luck - you do have lovely white teeth, I'm so jealous! :D

ladybug0330

#29 Post by ladybug0330 »

Hi there. I also have canine issues. I have one canine way up in my gums above the rest of my teeth. My ortho said once the braces go on it will take 6 months max before it's exactly where is should be, yours might be even less time. My braces go on in 2 days! Woohoo!! So here's to us making progress together. :D
here's a pic of my mess:
Last edited by ladybug0330 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

ljandersmith

#30 Post by ljandersmith »

Im so excited. I have seven months before the wedding, and at the rate this is going, my teeth will look pretty good.
I cant believe your ortho will take them off! Mine wont! Ha, your lucky. But I would rather have my teeth in braces and straight, then crooked and bare.
thanks for all the wonderful encouragments!