The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kara

#181 Post by Kara »

Wow! Check out that movement!! Congrats!

They will get that tooth worked in with the pack in no time! Hang in there! You're making great progress. It can only get better and better!!! :D

Kara

emmajade22

#182 Post by emmajade22 »

Your teeth are moving along nicely. That must be encouraging :)
I had extractions and braces put on 2 weeks ago, and was searching around this site looking for advice and information i guess. I found your video's and watched the first 2 or 3 (i was on so many pain killers in not too sure lol)
My dentist didn't give me an awful lot of advice, so hearing your story (and watching you clean your teeth!) was very helpful, so i just wanted to thank you :)

martinboyce

#183 Post by martinboyce »

Hello everyone,

10 Weeks in braces today, got my second adjustment this afternoon.

I have had quite a bit of movement since my last adjustment, some good and some bad.

I have brought my vid camera to work today as i am going to the orthos office straight from work and will film it if they are changing my wire, if they dont change the wire itll be exactly the same as last time so wont bother.

Either way ill do a video entry later on to celebrate my 10 week braciversary!

How is everyone by the way,

big hug \o/

gemdoll

#184 Post by gemdoll »

hiya!
i've just been reading your story and wow, those teeth were bloody massive!!! you have balls just getting those taken out!
i'm going home tonight to view your videos, unfortunately we dont have access to youtube at work.. damnnit!
must be great being 10 weeks into treatment.. i'm 1 week and 1 day.. have the clicky teeth thing happening and (i think!) plenty of movement already....
happy days!
xx

martinboyce

#185 Post by martinboyce »

OK so i went to the orthos office and not wanting to burden them as they looked alittle short staffed so didnt wanna impose my camera.

Teeth today are oober senstive, like every single one in my mouth!

But it was quite an eventful visit

1. glued on replacement for swallowed bracket
2. took top wire off (ouch)
3. took bottom wire off (ouch)
4. got new thicker longer top wire, now bridging my extraction gaps
5. got new thicker longer bottom wire, now bridging my extraction gaps
6. got a compressed spring fitted between my right front incisor and canine to push open a gap to allow my lateral to poke through.
7. When he came to snip the wire ends the bracket from stage 1, had popped off in my mouth. so he had to cut it short and am going to have to band the rear tooth as it isnt cooperating with the bonding agent.

i will upload pics soon.

Hi Gemdoll,

i still consider my self a newbie to alll this stuff as well, how old are you do you have a story, pics etc? teeth clicking feels weird is unnerving but it comes and goes, all the way through treatment, just try and avoid clicking them with your tongue.

elpi

#186 Post by elpi »

I'll bet you're happy to be onto the new wires etc cool! looking forward to the photos, it'll be interesting to see the changes you get now you're (almost) fully braced with thicker wires and a spring!

gemdoll

#187 Post by gemdoll »

hiya!
am just watching your vidoes on youtube - what a lovely pack you got given.. i got given a poxy box of wax... although i'd already gone on ebay and brought 7 packets of the stuff.. thought i better stock up cos i'm a wus.

viewtopic.php?t=26061 thats my story, not much of wine.. basically i'm a kiwi girl living in london - ideally wanted to have my new teeth before i was 30, but looks like i'll be 31... nevermind.. whats another year! i am missing teeth, have 2 front ones, then 2 canine ones.. so 2 front ones missing... i'm not sure of the names! whoops. i guess nhs hasn't exactly sat there and explained things too well too me, as i'm signed up at the teaching hospital at guys and st thomas here in london..

i'll take your advice and not click my teeth with my tongue... i keep doing it, but guess it cant be the best!!

i'm off to watch episode 3.... thanks for being so educational and funny!
x

martinboyce

#188 Post by martinboyce »

Hello everyone,

Took some photos of my new gadgets and gizmos.

Twinjoy

#189 Post by Twinjoy »

Yay a new spring, I am sure there will be room to rope that last stray tooth in before you even know it! I wonder if they have white or clear springs that would go with the ceramic braces?

jenny101101

#190 Post by jenny101101 »

Oh, that spring should really get things moving! I hope it's not causing you too much discomfort. My nephew has two right now and the first few days were unpleasant but he's completely used to them now. Great pics!! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

TumbleDryLow

#191 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Hi Martin,
Haven't posted here in awhile, and my, my, your arches are rounding out very nicely! Lots of progress, and once they are able to hook onto that incisor, it will move quickly into line. I have a situation very similar to yours with the exact same tooth, but luckily I squeaked by without needed a spring. I got the rest of my braces last Thursday and, with much effort, they were able to hook the wire onto half the bracket of my wayward tooth. They think by my next adjustment they will be able to hook onto the whole bracket. It's amazing how much it has moved forward in just a week.
Take care,
Angela

krwhite777

#192 Post by krwhite777 »

Wow, Things in your mouth are shaping up nicely. my treatment is estimated to be about 18 months this time around. My last period in braces was from January of 2006-August of 2006 the reason the time was cut short was due to my military commitment and that during basic training you cannot have any orthodontic appliances with the exception of Retainers.

I watched your Blog finally, I am wishing that I would have done something similar when mine went on. Currently I am in tops only but that may change if my bite changes too much!! I also may have to get a tongue thrust appliance still if i cant keep my tongue off my teeth. I am constantly putting pressure on my teeth and don't thing the ortho is gonna like that!!!.
[/url]

krwhite777

#193 Post by krwhite777 »

Martin, this is the photo of what i may have to get!!
Image[/img]
[/url]

Clairey Fairey

#194 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Hello Just wanted to say Hi coz I just noticed you live in Leicester just like me!!- your the first person I've seen from Leicester on these boards!!

I'm afraid I haven't got time to read through your blog at the minute, it's half 12 at night so really should go to sleep as I have work in the morning......but I hope your treatment is going well and braces are treating you kindly!!

Braced32

#195 Post by Braced32 »

Hi Martin ~

Just checking in as I've been MIA for quite awhile......

Great movement you're having! :D Congrats on getting longer wires!!

I'm finally fully braced - ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Having lower braces is much better than having upper braces. I am TOTALLY hating my uppper braces!! :evil:

I found that the wires over the extraction sites cut into my cheeks BAD! :twisted: The only relieve I found was to cut straws and slide them over the wires. On my lowers, I only have to do it overnight but for my uppers on one side, I have to do it 24/7.

Catch you later!

02/04/08 Extractions (4 deciduous second molars & 1 wisdom tooth)