The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*melissa*

#226 Post by *melissa* »

Martin, looks like we got braced a few days apart...it will be my 6 months braceaversary in a couple days too....yay for milestones!!!!!!!! :D

jenny101101

#227 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Martin,

Glad you're back!! :D And great news on getting that lateral joining the party! :lol: I, too, just had my 6 month braceaversary so it looks like there's quite a few of us braced around the same time...YAY for us!!

Looking forward to your next video....later!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

lauren

#228 Post by lauren »

Hello! Just thought I'd join in the convo. :) I'm 26 in Washington, DC and going to get ceramic braces here in a couple of weeks. Your teeth are looking great, hang in there!

I have two bunnies! So it's nice to see another bun owner. I also have a Saint Bernard dog (hugely massive!) and they all get along. Quite cute.

Lauren is my first name, obviously. :)
I got braced 9/05/2008!

my background story with pics:
http://lifeinbraces.blogspot.com

My professional website:
www.laurenhefner.com

martinboyce

#229 Post by martinboyce »

Hey everybody, thanks for the replies, :)

LAUREN

Hi chic, thanks for posting, ive just been looking through your little blog there, so your missing a lateral incisor. Did you lose it at an early age?
What is the ortho going to do about that? Whats your over all aims..

Yeah i love my pets, currently have 15 gerbils, 5 rats, 2 guini pigs, 1 dwarf lop rabbit and 2 giant african snails.

Do you use MSN messenger or facebook, i have my own groups in both.

JENNY

Hiya, i get the feeling people post more when they are initially getting braced, kinda results in most people bumping into a bunch of other people also getting braced up.

I took some photos of my new setup last night and will post them in another post after this one.

Still trying to think of stuff to talk about and focus on in the vid, trying to avoid random babbling which ive managed so far. any ideas?

MELISSA

Hows your progress going, everything going ok, you had much progress?

ROLO

I can feel the pressure on him now, but hes got a long way to travel before hes back in line with the rest. the photos in my next entry should highlight that.

I brush my teeth pretty hard and furiously all the time, the white coating doesnt come off at all. So dont worry about it.

ok off to sort my photos out.... brb

big hugs...\o/

martinboyce

#230 Post by martinboyce »

OK everyone heres my current setup

The spring and powerchain have been removed, they have been slowly making the gap bigger for the lateral incisor to move into.

A side effect of the spring was pushing my front incisor out of line, which iv been assured will be rectified once the lateral incisor is back in line.

Basically this movement was necessary and is only temporary.

Heres the side view which shows more accurately how far the spring has pushed out my front tooth,

[Image

Heres the new 3 wire setup across the bottom,

now all we do is wait, when that puppy starts moving ill be soooo happy!!

thanks everybody :)

Big Hug \o/

Memran

#231 Post by Memran »

Welcome back :D

That really is great news! Having you're least favorite tooth wired up must make you pretty happy. Its on it's way!! 8)

Rob
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

deborah

#232 Post by deborah »

Hi Martin. Just dropped in to say hello. Your new pics are great. The pain you will feel when that tooth starts moving into place will almost be enjoyable knowing it won't be long!
My teeth are still tender today but not half as bad as the other day, but still can't eat any biscuits etc. which is good news for my kids!!
I saw episode 5 and it was good to see how it's all done look forward to seeing the next one. :)

lauren

#233 Post by lauren »

Hi again! :)

Thanks. Didn't know what the tooth was called. ;) I'm clearly new to this whole ortho stuff.

I was always missing it. I didn't lose it at an early age; I never had it. Never had it in my baby teeth either. Just a genetic anomaly, I suppose. I have the extra on the bottom and the missing one up top. I guess there are worse genetic defects to have. I'm brilliantly smart, so that makes up for it. ;) jk, jk.

I do have facebook! I'm searchable under lauren hefner on facebook. On msn messenger, i'm photochik@hotmail.com :)

Looks like your tooth is getting pulled in nicely!
martinboyce wrote:Hey everybody, thanks for the replies, :)

LAUREN

Hi chic, thanks for posting, ive just been looking through your little blog there, so your missing a lateral incisor. Did you lose it at an early age?
What is the ortho going to do about that? Whats your over all aims..

Yeah i love my pets, currently have 15 gerbils, 5 rats, 2 guini pigs, 1 dwarf lop rabbit and 2 giant african snails.

Do you use MSN messenger or facebook, i have my own groups in both.

JENNY

Hiya, i get the feeling people post more when they are initially getting braced, kinda results in most people bumping into a bunch of other people also getting braced up.

I took some photos of my new setup last night and will post them in another post after this one.

Still trying to think of stuff to talk about and focus on in the vid, trying to avoid random babbling which ive managed so far. any ideas?

MELISSA

Hows your progress going, everything going ok, you had much progress?

ROLO

I can feel the pressure on him now, but hes got a long way to travel before hes back in line with the rest. the photos in my next entry should highlight that.

I brush my teeth pretty hard and furiously all the time, the white coating doesnt come off at all. So dont worry about it.

ok off to sort my photos out.... brb

big hugs...\o/
I got braced 9/05/2008!

my background story with pics:
http://lifeinbraces.blogspot.com

My professional website:
www.laurenhefner.com

Britlaw

#234 Post by Britlaw »

Hi Martin, good to see you are progressing well. Congrats on 6 months :) I am currently at 9 months but I am gonna resist the tempatation to compare braces to pregnancy!! :wink:

Good to see you back and hope Leicestershire is sunnier than the Welsh borders coz its just a sea of mud here :roll:

elpi

#235 Post by elpi »

martinboyce wrote:ELPI
I like yourself have thrown myself into a fitness regime, hell bent on being in the shape of my life when the braces come off.

Im 82kg at current, i wanna be 90-100 and lean with it by summer of next year. We'll have to show gym progress photos too :) If you click my profile pic on facebook theres a pic of me last year at my biggest.
hehe I had a look.. but I don't think I'm gonna go topless and colour my picture hulk green quite yet :lol:

ckrobyn

#236 Post by ckrobyn »

Hi Martin,
I just read through all 17 pages of your braces story - thank you for being so thorough!

I'm still a bit of a newbie - had my braces top and bottom for 2 months. I have had my 2nd adjustment this past Wednesday. I now need to post some comparison pics.

I hope that you stick around now - I am looking forward to following your story.

Robyn

pearls

#237 Post by pearls »

Wow! Congratulations on being braced for nearly 6 months! That's fantastic. I bet time is flying by for you. I'm coming up to my 5 month, and cannot believe it has been that long already!

Awesome that your insicor is now included in your wire! You just watch that tooth get into line. I'm sure it will be very quick, he's been very patient so I'm sure he's very eager to move!

I'm looking forward to your big 6 month update with new video. Keep it up! :)

Pearls.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

TumbleDryLow

#238 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the update. Congratulations on making it to 6 months! Tomorrow I go for an adjustment, and I can't believe it, but it will be nearly 10 months for me! My, my how time flies. My lateral is just like yours---stuck and twisted behind my front tooth. I've had some difficulty with mine. My bracket has come off twice (with a disturbing amount of force I might add.) My ortho was admittedly being a bit too forceful with it and eventually settled for leaving it off the wire and power chaining it to my canine instead. I think it has moved forward and out enough for them to finally get it on the wire tomorrow. Now my once invisible tooth can finally see the light of day. Yay!

(15 Gerbils! OMG!!)

guji girl

#239 Post by guji girl »

Hi Martin.

I came across your video diary on youtube today. Your story and video diary is very inspiring, keep it up!

Well im going to be braced on the 23rd this month and im pretty excited yet scared. I just got my teeth extracted yesterday and my mouth just feels really strange and ive barely eaten anything in the last 24 hours!

So how are you finding your treatment so far? The pics of your teeth look great! Im a vege aswell so im going to be stocking up on lots of soft food.

lara

#240 Post by lara »

Martin! Guess who it is? haha

How's it all going? Congrats on your recent progress. I'm impressed by your continued commitment to your video blog. If only I could have that sort of monthly commitment to anything... especially a job or something like that.

Your going to have to fill me in later about how photos work so I can do it too. You seem like quite the multimedia buff.