The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Twinjoy

#241 Post by Twinjoy »

Martin,

I am so glad you are back on the boards. I have to say I am in the same boat. I feel like all my teeth moved back in line so fast that the only thing left to wait on is surgery. The progress isn't very noticable so I haven't even been posting on my story.

I am at work right now so I can't see your pics but I am sure your progress is great, I will make sure to take a look as soon as I get home.
Again welcome back!

deborah

#242 Post by deborah »

Hi Martin .
Noticed you haven't posted for a while. Hope everything is going ok. Back of my mouth is sore where the wire is rubbing, and like you say applying wax is alright but keeps dropping off. Got my 6th adjustment coming up so hope to get it sorted out soon.

martinboyce

IM SO HAPPY!!!

#243 Post by martinboyce »

Hi everyone...... i have my 7 month checkup tomorrow and before i go i wanted to show you all what has happened to my teeth in this last month (since getting my nemesis tooth wired in) and take a second to reflect on how my mouth has changed since day 1

The first image is 7 months ago, right after being braced!!

The second image is 4 weeks ago,

the third immage is 2 weeks ago

the last image is today.

Can any see a difference :)

jenny101101

#244 Post by jenny101101 »

Oh my! :shock: What a change!! You must be so pleased. I'd love to see pics from the front view, if you have any....I'm sure they look terrific :D .
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

*melissa*

#245 Post by *melissa* »

Amazing progress, Martin!! :shock: :D

bb

#246 Post by bb »

Your last couple of months progress is so inspiring!!
Congrats!

tashieL

#247 Post by tashieL »

hey hey...

your teeth are looking amazing!
i think i have a similar situation to you, i've just got my braces put on. i'm not sure what the tooth is called... but the one two teeth away from the front two top teeth (if that makes sense....) is sitting in away from where its meant to be, a bit more than what yours seemed to be. kind of looked like i had a gap. i had a baby tooth (which i only just had removed the day of my braces) that filled that gap, so i was always reluctant to get it taken out. but now its out and braces are on :)
how do you find the ceramic braces? i got the damon braces put on, because i hear they work a bit faster... fingers crossed thats right.

Lana

#248 Post by Lana »

I agree! Your progress is amazing and very inspiring! :D

martinboyce

IN PAIN!!!!

#249 Post by martinboyce »

Hi everyone, thanks for the continued replies, they are always brilliant to read.

2 days have passed since my 7th adjustment, i had a thicker wire applied to my top teeth, which seemed to hurt every tooth when it was attached and when my nemesis tooth was hooked on it felt like a shock went right up into my skull. I couldnt help but let out a little yelp as it was put on.

On the bottom i had power chains put over my extraction gaps, basically to start the extraction gap closing process. which i would imagine will take the rest of the treatment term.

Today my teeth are really hurting, mainly my pre molars. all the incisors are ok and the rear molars are ok but the pre molars really cannot bite anything. I dont know if its the wire or the powerchains doing it but its causing some discomfort.

Basically when i eat i look like a dog with a chew toy!!

Here are some photos. firstly a couple of months ago before the space was made for the lateral incisor.

this is a picture of my powerchain, and then a picture of my lateral incisor now. Note that because the tooth is being dragged through my gums quite quickly that they have become a little swollen and inflamed around that area.

Bekah

#250 Post by Bekah »

Wow have your teeth moved!!! They look awesome!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Katarina527

Progress

#251 Post by Katarina527 »

Wow! I was just browsing your story...you teeth are looking so good! The movement is amazing and inspiring! I just wanted to say congrats!! :-#)

Twinjoy

#252 Post by Twinjoy »

So exciting! I am so glad you finally got the wayward tooth where it needs to go! Here's hoping more progress and little pain in the future!

EmBraceAble

#253 Post by EmBraceAble »

Ive had ulcers all my life coz of my dodgy teeth, so ill be ok, people mostly get um in the bottom lip area, worst place is on the crease of your gum, i use this special paste that comes in a tiny tube, first used it when i went new york in 2003, it reacts with your saliva and sets solid over the ulcer, so solid its there hours, onc covered it doesnt hurt, its better than crap like bonjella which just washes off and swallowed in like ten seconds of application.

Martin, can you tell me where I can get that special paste from or the name of it?

Thanks

martinboyce

#254 Post by martinboyce »

EmBraceAble - after doing a little searching i found it.

Its called Adcortyl, and its very good for mouth ulcers!!!

here is a link to a UK pharmacy site that sells it. im not sure where abouts you are.

http://www.superliving.co.uk/pharmacy/b ... -5g-p.html

Britlaw

#255 Post by Britlaw »

Hi Martin, geesh, your teeth are lookin waaaay better than mine and I started before you!!!!!!!! ;) I hope you are thrilled dude, coz you should be, as your teeth look awesome.

I see you don't have molar bands on the bottom? I have molar bands on the bottom (just had them on at the back) and they are ripping my tongue to pieces :( Those brackets you have just glued on? I have clear brackets tops and bottom but would happily have all metal if my tongue wasnt being ripped to shreds. I'll be having a word in my ortho's shell like at next adjustment.

Hang in there coz the result is going to be sooooo good!