Dodger(UK)'s belated story....

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

malikara

#16 Post by malikara »

Dodger

Absolutely amazing! Reading your story make me quite emotional :roll: Your transformation is staggering.

You kept us all in the dark for so long on purpose, didn't you? You naughty boy :wink: :lol: Well, it worked. Seeing your story all in one go, rather than bit-by-bit, really makes one doubly appreciate your new smile, and the incredible ability of orthodontics.

Congratulations Dodger, and thank-you for sharing your story with us.

Fizzy

#17 Post by Fizzy »

WOW

that is absolutely amazing progress! You look so fabulous! Hahah I am just flabberghasted if you can't tell. One of the best braces transformations I've ever seen. Congrats, and enjoy your new smile!
Braced - October 2003
Un-Braced - June 27, 2005! Yay!

Alison

#18 Post by Alison »

:D Hi DodgerUK...

well I always wondered what your teeth looked like before..as I know in other posts you mentioned you were unahppy with your teeth pre braces

well now I know!!! :) your smile looks amazing....and all done in 14 months..thats fantastic...it really is an inspiration to anyone whose unhappy with their teeth to get something done..because the result is magical!!!!! :D

altho not so overcrowded (and there was nothing wrong with my bite) my front teeth were a bit similar to yours...I have a small very high palate too and my back molars still face outwards, but its never caused me any problems! I dont know whether I was born with a high palate or that my thumb sucking when I was small caused it to form like that ?

Anyways.....your teeth and smile look GREAT....no wonder you must be so pleased! :D :D :D

Thanks for posting your braces story! :!: the photos are brilliant! 8)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BRACED - 21ST JUNE 2004
BRACE REMOVED- 11TH APRIL 2005
STARTED WEARING A RETAINER - 14TH APRIL 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dodger(UK)

#19 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Thanks, malikara, Fizzy, Alison – for your positive feedback ;)
malikara wrote:You kept us all in the dark for so long on purpose, didn't you? You naughty boy Well, it worked. Seeing your story all in one go, rather than bit-by-bit, really makes one doubly appreciate your new smile, and the incredible ability of orthodontics.
I suppose I never posted my pics at the beginning of my ortho treatment, because I had no idea how far they could be corrected, and how much better they would look, at the end of my treatment. I think I doubted and under-estimated the power of orthodontics lol.
Fizzy wrote:that is absolutely amazing progress! You look so fabulous! Hahah I am just flabberghasted if you can't tell. One of the best braces transformations I've ever seen. Congrats, and enjoy your new smile!
Thanks ;) It’s always good to get another person’s perspective on the outcome of your treatment. You obviously have your own opinions on how your teeth look, but it’s good to step aside from time to time, and throw yourself wide open to the masses of the general viewing public, or at least the Metal Mouth Members. Lol ;)

Alison wrote: altho not so overcrowded (and there was nothing wrong with my bite) my front teeth were a bit similar to yours...I have a small very high palate too and my back molars still face outwards, but its never caused me any problems! I dont know whether I was born with a high palate or that my thumb sucking when I was small caused it to form like that ?

I think the narrow, small palate and the larger than average central incisors was genetically inherited from my mother’s side of the family. Although they never had the crowding problems I had. It was a combination of various elements that really had my teeth going off in all directions lol :roll:

Clo

#20 Post by Clo »

A triple wow from me too, Dodger.

Wow for this great job done by your ortho.
Wow for you getting an amazing smile.
Wow for putting this fabulous testimony here.

Many thanks for sharing this !

londonchick

#21 Post by londonchick »

at the risk of repeating what everyone else has said - WOW

Just seeing the first pics of before and after were amazing (i tend to look at all the pics then go back and read) and then to realise this was all done in 14 months was just too much.

I can imagine how thrilled you must be. And maybe this will encourage more brits to go the braces route and our teeth reputation this side of the pond will improve :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR ORTHO !

josephine

#22 Post by josephine »

Wow, Dodger, that's very impressive stuff! I've been wondering how on earth they fix crossbites when the palate is narrow, and am glad to see that they really can do that without expanders. Very, very inspiring. Thanks for all the photos especially. You look great!

Dodger(UK)

#23 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Thanks Clo and londonchick :wink:

Yes, full credit to my ortho - he admited he was scratching his head at the beginning and just after my consultation, but he was just as pleased as I was with his handywork. :) Some of the assistants who I don't usually see, or haven't seen in months, have been surprised at how much my teeth have changed, since they last saw me.
londonchick wrote:And maybe this will encourage more brits to go the braces route and our teeth reputation this side of the pond will improve
Yes, they usually say that when something happens in America, we'll get it in a couple of years, or when America sneezes we catch a cold. Well if more of us Brits start to look after our teeth and take corrective action in our adult years, then I am glad we have adopted that approach from our American Friends. :)

Dodger(UK)

#24 Post by Dodger(UK) »

josephine wrote:Wow, Dodger, that's very impressive stuff! I've been wondering how on earth they fix crossbites when the palate is narrow, and am glad to see that they really can do that without expanders. Very, very inspiring. Thanks for all the photos especially. You look great!
Thanks josephine for your comments :) Yes, I think I would have had a Rapid Palatable Expander, had I not had extractions. My ortho said those 2 upper premolars with only 1cm between them, had to go though. Can't say I miss them lol :lol: My tongue doesn't miss them either. :roll:

Doug

#25 Post by Doug »

Dodger, your smile looks great! You must be thrilled with the outcome!
Like many others here have mentioned, it's amazing that you got all that improvement in only 14 months. I was interested also to read about your
bonded retainer - I think my ortho mentioned there was a good chance I
will be getting one of those when my braces come off - glad to hear it is
not too much of a nuisance for you.

Enjoy that new smile! :D

Dodger(UK)

#26 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hi - Doug, thanks for that, I enjoy using my smile more than I did before that's for sure. :wink:

Yes, I am quite impressed with these bonded retainers, they leave a space between the gumline aswell so you can floss them using an interdental brush head.

MarkupNorth

#27 Post by MarkupNorth »

Dodger, you look like Guy Richie :D How is Madonna these days then?

Amazing transformation in your mouth, looks great!

Evelyn

#28 Post by Evelyn »

Wow dodger, that's AMAZING! It's like the pics you see in magazines with people's better-than-life smile transformations, and you think there's no way that could be real...but you've proved me wrong! That's an absolutely amazing transformation! congrats congrats congrats!
Evelyn
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

SW

#29 Post by SW »

Wow Dodger, congratulations! :D

I am impressed as well in how your teeth moved so much in just 14 months, the results are excellent!
STEPHANIE

Dodger(UK)

#30 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Thanks Mark, Eve and Stephanie...
MarkupNorth wrote:Dodger, you look like Guy Richie :D How is Madonna these days then?
Well you know, she's just a material girl at heart... :lol: Wish I had Guy Ritchie's money. :wink:
Evelyn wrote:It's like the pics you see in magazines with people's better-than-life smile transformations, and you think there's no way that could be real...but you've proved me wrong!
Thanks for the support - I never knew what having straight teeth felt like, If I did have straight teeth when I was young, I had forgotten that feeling. Now it's great to accomplish one of my ultimate goals and wishes. To have straight teeth. It makes a big difference in so many area's. :)
SW wrote:I am impressed as well in how your teeth moved so much in just 14 months, the results are excellent!
Thanks - I'm really pleased with the speedy progress my teeth made, but I do have a nagging feeling that they could be prone to relaspe and move back into their old positions, even with religious retainer wear. I know if you wear your retainers like you have been told, that should never happen.