Melissa's Journey - New update & pic pg. 14

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*melissa*

#196 Post by *melissa* »

Thank you, Chastity. :D

*melissa*

#197 Post by *melissa* »

I got my retainers yesterday. They are pretty awesome. They are so invisible, you can't see them at all. I only have to wear them about 14 hours a day, so my teeth can be nakie during the day. It's awesome getting to see what freedom is like...I know my teeth will be back in prison soon, so I am enjoying being brace free while I can.
Foods tastes sooooo much better without having any metal in your mouth.

My boyfriend came home yesterday and saw my teeth and said "Wow! You have a hollywood smile!" :lol: I know it's not that great quite yet, but hopefully in a year when I am all finished, it will be. :)

Flaka

#198 Post by Flaka »

I have not read your story lately and I was surprised to read that so much has happened! Changing otrhos, getting ibraces, debanded.....a lot!
Your teeth are looking great, I can only imagine how it feels to be free again...I don't remember it :roll:

I am glad the new ortho has a good plan for you, you will be done in no time.

iamtheotherme

#199 Post by iamtheotherme »

You have fantastic teeth, Melissa. If my teeth looked even 20% like yours when I'm done this adventure, I'd be a very happy woman.

Promise that before you get rebraced, you'll eat some corn-on-the-cob, love it, then not tell me about it cuz I'd get too jealous? :lol:

*melissa*

#200 Post by *melissa* »

Thank you ladies for all your support and encouragement!! :D It sure helps!

I was in tons of pain last night, my teeth were hurtin' after I ate some chips. So I popped in my retainers and ta da! The pain subsided. My teeth are trying to shift, but I won't let 'em! :P

And yes, I promise to eat corn on the cobb before I re-braced!! :lol:

*melissa*

#201 Post by *melissa* »

Ahhhh...my teeth are really hurting..even with the retainers in. It's not the kinda pain you feel after an adjustment. It's like the nerves hurt. It's a stinging feeling in every tooth.

The only reason I can think of for this strange pain is all the scraping the lady did when she removed the glue from my teeth... but who knows..

pearls

#202 Post by pearls »

Melissa I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Perhaps your nerves are hurting because your teeth aren't quite ready for debanding yet, and are therefore putting resistance against the retainers trying to move around? I'm not sure, that's a complete guess!

I bet you are looking forward to getting your iBraces! Can't wait to see a pic!
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

jxds

#203 Post by jxds »

I'm sorry you are in pain, it will probably go away in no time, as all the pain related to braces!

By the way, congratulations on your teeth!

grneydfairy

#204 Post by grneydfairy »

I know the feeling of "nerves" hurting... I had an absessed tooth and a root canal but you can see the root of that tooth and it has a little bit of mobility to it so it hurts quite a bit.
You're not grinding or anything like that right? Subconscious tongue thrusting?
Good luck with your new treatment! It sounds like it's going to be awesome for you and hopefully will cut back on time.

insinu8

#205 Post by insinu8 »

melissa,

I was just catching up on your progress. I'm very happy that you decided to switch to a different Ortho. No one should accept being treated that way and you absolutely did the right thing.

I look forward to hearing how your new Ortho treatment goes. Your teeth look wonderful, btw :) I hope the pain only lasts a short while.

Will you only wear the retainers until the new braces are on?
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

Memran

#206 Post by Memran »

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain :(
To be honest though, I'd trade some pain for even one day without braces!

Do you have any toothpaste for sensitive teeth? Here in UK we have Sensodyne (spelling?) which I use from time to time when things are sore. It helps quite a lot.

Good luck! :)
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

*melissa*

#207 Post by *melissa* »

HI pearls, jxds, grneydfairy, insinu8, and memran!! :D

well, i'm happy to report i have found the cause of the pain....crest premium whitening strips! any day that i use them, they cause my teeth to be painfully sensitive. so, i havent used them in awhile. my teeth have become whiter so i guess the pain was worth it haha.
i still have a bunch more to use...so i think maybe i'll use them once a week, instead of everyday.

i am soo looking forward to thanksgiving and eating yummy food brace free. but i must say, i am looking forward to getting my braces journey started again!!

grneydfairy

#208 Post by grneydfairy »

I have heard of people having pain using the crest whitening strips. I'm glad you found the source and it's not anything to do with your retainers or being temporarily brace free.

Memran

#209 Post by Memran »

That is good news! I'm glad that it was something so simple, and so easy to change, and not some underlying tooth/gum/nerve problem! :) I bet thats a real relief for you.

You must stop making us all jelous though... Eating without braces, you're so lucky! :D
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

pearls

#210 Post by pearls »

Hey Melissa, it's been a while since I've heard from you. How are your iBraces settling in? And how's things going with your new ortho? I hope everything is going well.

I've been pretty slack and haven't updated my story in a while. I think I'm 1 adjustment behind in story telling wise. I have an adjustment tomorrow which I'm looking forward to! I can't decide whether I should be daring and get red ligs on my bottom arch!

Pearls. xx
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers