Bye Bye Vampire Fangs... Hello Spaghetti Face!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jxds

#46 Post by jxds »

Wow, you have nice teeth! They're looking great and that canine is almost there! congratulations, River!

shinyRiver

#47 Post by shinyRiver »

thanks jxds!

I'm concerned about something though. There's this space forming in between my canine and my gums. It's WAY ugly and food gets caught in there. I mean, food always gets stuck between teeth, but between teeth and gums? Sounds like it might become problematic.

Do you see what I'm talking about?

Has anybody else had this problem? I'm worried. :Questions:

I do NOT want to have a gum graft. (I was planning on going without, cuz my boyfriend's gone like 20 years without having his canines grafted, and they're fine.)

Hmm... I dunno... I'm suddenly very happy that there's only a few weeks to my next appointment... :Questions:

shinyRiver

#48 Post by shinyRiver »

duplicate post
Last edited by shinyRiver on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

shinyRiver

#49 Post by shinyRiver »

Oh yeah, by the way:

HAPPY 1 MONTH SINCE BRACE DAY Suzeeq22!!

:-V :thumbsup: :-88 :-)o :-} :D :banana: :jokerlaugh: :dance: :mrgreen:

shinyRiver

#50 Post by shinyRiver »

I know, it looks scary, right? Fortunately for now it isn't painful or swelling at all. I've been using some prescription anti bacterial mouthwash leftover from my wisdom teeth extraction just in case, but I'm still concerned. It's 2 weeks until my next appointment. I'd go in sooner, but my ortho is in COLUMBUS and I'm in Dayton. Way too far to drive on these snowy days for what could be no reason. When I got my wisdom teeth out, I thought the extraction sites were infected and they weren't. Drove to Columbus in the snow for no reason... :roll: I'll keep an eye on it.

mandapanda

#51 Post by mandapanda »

:-1 Hi!

Wow. Just wow. I don't have braces yet, but just seeing the amount of change in a short amout of time is exciting and I can't wait to start.
:D And you're so positive about it and that's awesome.

Heh... sidenote... Dayton to Columbus, eh?? I'm originally from Cincy and used to spend a lot of time in Dayton. I didn't know there was snow in Ohio now... I've been in Alaska for the past couple of months and the same snow has been on the ground since I've been here. :P

grneydfairy

#52 Post by grneydfairy »

Yes, your teeth are looking really good! I agree with Ken that you should get that gum checked out. It could be something really simple that won't require a gum graft. Good luck with that!

jxds

#53 Post by jxds »

Hey, River

Probably just keeping it super clean until your next adjustment will avoid any problems at all, then your Dr will tell... Maybe its just because of the quick movement of your canine: the gum has not had time to regenerate around it yet... Well, I really don't know but hope you'll be ok.

shinyRiver

#54 Post by shinyRiver »

Thank you all for all of your comments, compliments and concern! Everyone has been so supportive... I am officially sticking it out for another 10 days until my ortho appointment-- so far, zero irritation/inflammation, which is very good. I'm swishing and brushing and rinsing incessantly.

Also --my elastic-- not NEARLY as irritating as it had been, and it keeps getting better.

I think the horror of my last appointment has faded in my mind, and I'm ready for my teeth to move some more. I'm actually excited for my next appointment! Which reminds me, I have to make a Christmas card for my ortho. He has to work right up until Christmas, I think, because most dental/maxillofacial/perio students at OSU have to work around the holidays. For example, I had my wisdom teeth removed the day after Christmas last year. Poor students. :( They just don't get a break.

switchblades

#55 Post by switchblades »

Hiya, just catching up on a few stories around here :) I got braced in October on top and last week on bottom.

Just keep your eye on that spot on your gums, if they start getting irritated or anyhting call your ortho. Make sure you keep it super clean (though it sounds like you've been doing that already!)

I hear you on being a student, it's a crazy time of year with finals and everything, plus it being the holidays, the malls most of us work in are insane! Thankfully, I finish my degree Thursday, because I don't think I can handle any more balancing work, school and ortho appointents!

suzeeq22

#56 Post by suzeeq22 »

Thanks River! I can't believe it's been 1 month already. I really need to post my story and pix. I've been so busy and then was out of town for a while. DD is coming home this weekend from college so I will get her to help me fix the pix!

Your teeth look great! Sorry your having trouble with the elastics!! Hang in there!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´Sue

shinyRiver

#57 Post by shinyRiver »

Today is the BIG day! My official third adjustment! But this is only the second time getting my lowers adjusted, since I got my uppers on 1 month before my lowers. My lower teeth have moved so much! There are little gaps between almost every one. But gosh do they hurt when the o-ties get switched out. I don't know what color I should get! I'm so confused! I loved my purple but the color faded last time... Maybe a blue or green wouldn't fade as much... I'll have to think about it. But I don't have much time! My appointment is at 3:30!

shinyRiver

#58 Post by shinyRiver »

Phew! I'm so glad the board is back! I was going through withdrawals!

Anyway, no pictures since my last adjustment, December 19, because the board was down and not much had changed so I figured what's the point?

It went so fast that I forgot to ask my ortho about that little spot on my gums but he didn't mention it (and he was taking pictures so he had to see it) and it keeps getting smaller and smaller so that's a good sign. But I'll definitely ask next time. He was going so fast! He just put one wire on the top and one on the bottom, no criss-crossy lace-ties or anything. He didn't tell me to keep wearing my elastic, so I didn't know what to do so I've only been wearing it at night... and then he put on my o-ties without even asking me what color I wanted. But then I looked in the mirror and found out why. I don't have o-ties on the teeth surrounding my really crooked one. Because now I have a big metal spring between them so that my crooked teeth might rotate. It supposedly might have thrown off my midline (by over correcting it) but if you ask me my teeth haven't budged. So I don't think I'm going to get a bracket on that tooth this time. I really hope he doesn't take pliers to it. That would make me cry (literally).

Anyway, my silver ligs turned gold from yummy curry Indian food. So I don't want to take a picture of my teeth right now.

suzeeq22

#59 Post by suzeeq22 »

Hello River.....sounds like things are going well!! Congrats! Your teeth are looking good!

Two months down for me! Whoo Hoo!! I had my first appt since being braced. They changed the wire on top but not the bottom...wonder why??

Oh well .....next appt is in 10 weeks.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´Sue

happy

#60 Post by happy »

Hi River,

Love your story and your attitude! Thanks for sharing your pictures...very exciting :D

I have a vampire tooth same as yours and it is great to see how much movement you have had...your teeth look wonderful!

I had 2 vertically impacted upper wisdom teeth removed yesterday under GA by my fab surgeon chipping away at some juicy maxilla. I look a little chipmunky today but really I feel fine. Bit tender in the cheeks but I have a whole bunch of romcoms, soup and green smotthies to get me through....plus a caring partner and kids to be at my beck and call (not that I need waiting on really but might as well milk it :wink: ) ...the panadiene forte is taking the edge off nicely too!

I get braced on my birthday in march, and like you, I can't wait to get some funky colours on my grill!

Can't wait to see your next picture update.

Cheers from Down Under :D