Pain on tongue

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sdyck

Pain on tongue

#1 Post by sdyck »

Three days ago I had upper and lower braces put on, the pain on my tongue is almost unbearable. I have three lumps on my tongue and because of the upper plate that is placed across the roof of my mouth my tongue is indented.

I have four sores on my cheeks that have now become raw. I was given wax when I left the dentist, but ran out the first day..because we are in a small town you cannot purchse it anywherre.

I am wondering if this is normal, and if anyone has suggestions for pain relief.

bb

#2 Post by bb »

You really really really need wax. Go to your dentist and get more - they should give it to you for free (considering what you're paying!) Get extra - you don't want your sores to get out of hand again.
Do this asap.
Load the wax on the areas that need it so that your skin has time to heal - maybe 1 day and 1 night. Don't try to ride it out - I've tried that and it doesn't work.
In the meantime, you can get Anbesol Maximum Strength for cankers at the drugstore. It works great for the pain but doesn't do much for the healing.

Rachel B

#3 Post by Rachel B »

Whenever I have had sores, I put wax on for a short while, then when I took it off my cheeks were much tougher and I haven't seemed to get pain in the same place twice.
You need lots of wax. Wax is your friend! :D

sdyck

The outcome of sever tongue pain

#4 Post by sdyck »

I went back to the dentist first thing this morning...turns out I have an infection on my tongue, it was actually bleeding this morning.

I am going back tommorow and they may either remove the braces (upper) or find someway to take oout the middle piece that goes between the two molars.

Apparently the dentist hadn't seen anything like it before.

To think this was elective...for a better smile...eeek..I am wondering if I did the right thing.

Cheers

Braaces

#5 Post by Braaces »

Ohh. That's not good... I'm sry to hear that happened to you! :(
Hope everything gets better from now on...