Brika's in Braces - 1st adjustment photos (7 weeks)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blake24

#16 Post by Blake24 »

Hey brika,

Your teeth are looking great! That is a lot of movement...I would be happy too!

Blake

Tommm

#17 Post by Tommm »

Congrats on the amazing progress and that's a cool gif presentation too!!

brika

#18 Post by brika »

Thanks, you guys! :)

wallywest

#19 Post by wallywest »

Hey Brika,
Amazing movement , I can totally understand why you might feel like a nerd because I would do too , I am getting braced coming tuesday, March the 3rd and I have a siimilar problems such as the Pushed back lateral inscissors, and the bite.
I will be posting my story soon .
After seeing you progress I have a rudimentary idea of what to expect !

jonathon003

#20 Post by jonathon003 »

big improvements already brika! how long is your treatment plan supposed to be do you have any idea?? sorry if i skimmed over that part :(

jonathon003

#21 Post by jonathon003 »

big improvements already brika! how long is your treatment plan supposed to be do you have any idea?? sorry if i skimmed over that part :(

pisceangirl

#22 Post by pisceangirl »

wow! I love those before and 'now' flashing pics :D

brika

#23 Post by brika »

Thanks, Kish! I'll be wishing you luck on Tuesday. :)

jonathon -- I totally forgot to mention that! I think my plan is for 20-22 months, if all goes well. So I still have a ways to go!

pisceangirl -- I'm glad you like the gifs. ;) I might do all of them this way from now on! They really show the changes well, but the tricky part is getting two photos from the exact same angle! :p

luckycindy

wow

#24 Post by luckycindy »

your teeth looks really good!!!
It makes me excited because your teeth changed so much in such a short period of time :)
Good luck and hope your wires don't poke so much~~

Miranbrady20

#25 Post by Miranbrady20 »

hey! your teeth are looking great! Im so happy to see how fast they are moving! mine are always on the move lol.. cant wait to see them in a couple more weeks:)

RainAndTangerines

#26 Post by RainAndTangerines »

Hey Brika!

Your smile is looking great! Your arches have improved so much! You must be so pleased with the progress! :D

*tap*

#27 Post by *tap* »

thats ace that you've had so much movement :D there deffo getting into line... thank goodness for braces eh. lets hope for smooth movement for the rest of your treatment bar the end because you need them to stop moving then hehe !! :lol:
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

MakePinkNotWar

#28 Post by MakePinkNotWar »

The movement is amazing! Those are ceramic braces on top right? Do you prefer the ceramic or metal? I am deciding if I should go metal or ceramic. I was pretty much decided on metal but your ceramic ones look so pretty! I really want to do colored ligs...but I may give that up for such pretty brackets. lol

brika

#29 Post by brika »

Thanks so much for the support, you guys!! I really appreciate it!

MakePinkNotWar -- Yep, I think they're called Inspire ICE. :) Functionally I can't feel a difference between them & the metal ones, but aesthetically I'm glad I chose them! (I might be singing a different tune once I'm out of the non-staining wire ties and into ligaments & powerchains, though! :shock: lol.) I'm pondering using colored ligs on both my clear and metal brackets... I've seen a lot of folks on this site with lovely color configurations around their ceramics! I'll have to see if I can work up the nerve to try it. ;) But I'm glad I have the option of making them look a little more discrete if I want them to be!

As you decide, make sure you also factor in price (they can run a little higher than metals), size (they may be a bit larger, too! but in my case, I have pretty large toofers up top, so I guess proportionately it's not so bad), and whether or not your orthodontist thinks they're strong enough for your treatment. You might also want to ask to see a sample of the kind of ceramics your ortho uses, maybe while you're in for your records appointment. Just make sure you like the style of bracket he uses, 'cause there are a lot of different kinds out there! He might even offer the ceramic self-litigating brackets, where you don't have to worry about ligs at all!

Woah, I didn't mean that to be so long...lol! Good luck with your decision! I'm sure your braced-smile will look lovely no matter which style you pick!

kayleighkelley

#30 Post by kayleighkelley »

Your teeth have had great movement!! I hope my teeth move so well! I'm really nervous about getting my braces on but seeing your pictures makes me feel confident that it's all going to be worth it. Good luck with the rest of your journey.