loose teeth from spacers?!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

athomemom

loose teeth from spacers?!

#1 Post by athomemom »

hey guys and gals, is it 'normal' to feel like some of ur teeth are loose from the week long of having painful friggin spacers :-/ my back mollars feel loose and the odd tooth as well....suggestions, opinions input ??? :?

SharMarali

#2 Post by SharMarali »

Yep, that seems normal to me. Spacers do move your teeth a bit. You'll notice that "loose" feeling quite a bit while you're in braces. It's not the same as when you're a kid and your teeth are loose and you can actually wiggle them back and forth noticeably... If you start to feel THAT way, you should definitely call your ortho immediately! But you'll notice some teeth have a little more "give" to them and don't seem to sit as firmly as they did. This is because the roots of your teeth are moving. Usually the feeling will pass after a couple of weeks when the root has found its way to its new home. I find that sometimes my teeth "click" from their old position to their new one and back several times throughout the day. Some teeth will feel more loose than others. All of this is normal and nothing to worry about.