20 years young braced 3/2/09 pics inside..

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*tap*

#16 Post by *tap* »

yeh its wierd they cut all my other ones right down but when i got home i noticed there was still a long bit about -- bent over like you said now its just getting longer i cant understand why he didnt cut it like the rest, i would bend it over again but i dont wana snap my doors off. i'll give it to next week then ring up just stick wax on it on it for now. thanks V much for your reply next time i'm gna make sure there all cut down. :oops:
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

*tap*

#17 Post by *tap* »

god its only 3 wks on tues it seems like i've had this load of metal for months. well i dont actually mind the braces and the achings all for a good cause, but gettin a bit bored of the bracket wire, had them snipped last wk and thought cool wont have to go back now for at least a few weeks but noooo...gna have to go bk tomorrow as the spring that attaches to the square bracket has developed a small very very sharp piece of wire sticking out of it and if left without wax rips my lip apart (lots of bonjela) seem to appear well i was out having a meal i was only eating bread, its like my canines are saying "nope your not moving me" and putting serious strain on that wire.

negative stuff aside i love what there doing not loads of progress yet but i am noticing the small things and my front teeth have moved forward alot. i'm going to post a 1 month pic lets hope its good hehe :D
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

*tap*

#18 Post by *tap* »

ok so i rang up yesterday morning and was in in the afternoon, 3 weeks in now and he had to change the spring wire feels loads better now no sharp bit.
and he said brilliant brushing and things are looking good and that when he's fininished with me i'll have lovely straight teeth woohoo step up from his what are we going to do with you comment lol!!

yay!! although opening the doors hurts youch not looking forward to that again but bring it on!!!!

hope everyones well :)
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

*tap*

was 20 years young now 21- and 1 month pics inside.

#19 Post by *tap* »

its been 1 month woohoo... its not been that bad really got used to the aching for now, things get a bit frustrating its like i want to wake up and they will be perfectly straight but nooo.. ha!
so i guess the movement i've had is pretty good in 4 weeks got to go bak tomorrow to have my bite plane but bk on seen as one fell off due to my clenching in my sleep. so that will be the past 3 weeks i've been in that damn place lets hope fingers crossed it'll be my last visit until my first adjustment in april.

anyway here's some pics of my lovely NOT.. teeth let us no what you guys think.

this is before anything,

this one is biting down, day 1 in braces.

this is 1 month biting down.
my canines are coming down there past the bk molars now still alot to go but getting there. my front teeth have come forward to my bite is getting a little better.

side day 1 in braces..

side 1 month- getting lots of gaps everywhere now the one next to my front teeth just shows the pressure my front teeth have been under to come forward the gaps getting massive imagine it at 10 weeks (first adjustment) i'm kinda worried about what it'll be like then.

sooo sorry about the size i dont no why they come out like that there not this way on my comp!!

so looks like things are moving i'm happy but i think there going to get more messed up before they get better, i dunno we'll see anyway.
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

brika

#20 Post by brika »

Woohoo! Happy One Month Braceaversary!

I can definitely tell that your canines are making their way into place already. :D I'm glad you can feel your bite improving as well! Congratulations on your progress!

Tommm

#21 Post by Tommm »

Congrats on your first month! I can totally see the progress!

*tap*

#22 Post by *tap* »

thankyou soo much brika and tommm, i dont hav a gum shield mouth anymore either yay!! my ortho i think was shocked at my movement on wed when i went in for my bite planes putting back on he said i dont need them anymore cos my teeth have moved forward alot its only been 4 weeks well chuffed :-D
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

wallywest

#23 Post by wallywest »

Time is flying for you , its already been one month , on a 2 year term that is already 5% of the journey . I am pretty sure you are going to be done before that, I am turning 22 soon and I guess how it would be to have braces on your birthday . I told my friend that no nuts on the cake.
did you get banded all the way till your back molars, coz i got banded to just one ahead of my back molars.

Cheers

luckycindy

hey

#24 Post by luckycindy »

happy one month :)
your teeth seem to be moving a lot for such a short time!
i hope my teeth move as fast as yours~~!!

*tap*

#25 Post by *tap* »

hey kish,
you found me, well when you put it like that 5% seems alot i spose with what we was talking about with the time between gaps it may make our end brace time seem shorter than going every four weeks if you no what i mean.. but thats a well good idea saying your on hol i think they'll start getting suss when i keep saying i'm away might try it next time though :P
nope my back molars are clamp free apart from my lower right where i have a molar missing so that one goes straight to the back.

hi lucky cindy thanks very much for your comment, there defo not moving at snails pace hehe i'm sure yours will move quick too its amazing how quick things start changing i have alot to go yet mind! gota say though, best money i've spent.
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

wallywest

#26 Post by wallywest »

hey sophie,
I am reflecting what you went through when you felt the gaps between adjustments are too long , its been two weeks only , but i feel the tension in the wire as subsided and its time for a thicker wire.
but no its not going to happen for another 6 more weeks !
I have noticed some movement but I have been so lazy to replace the batteries and put up the updated pics.

*tap*

#27 Post by *tap* »

hey kish,
i no i've not even had my first adjustment yet its such a pain waiting so long think i've had them on 5 or 6 weeks now i might ring up and ask to get my wires clipped in hope that they say " well i think we'll have to bring your adjustment date forward" cos he normally gives my teeth a once over. there still moving though still aching in places so thats good when all that goes i wil get very impatient hehe!! how you finding them now??
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

wallywest

#28 Post by wallywest »

Hey Sophie, so for you next or first adjustment go in with a box of doughnuts, thats my plan , suck up to the receptionist and get her to pencil me in sooner ;)

yeah i seldom notice them anymore. I guess the novelty wore off. But as soon i meet some one and i start talking , oh no the vanity kicks in . These things feel like the take for ever and to make matter worse , i found out about wilckodontics, even though its almost double the price it takes only 6 - 9 months but there is invasive surgery involved which i really dont mind. I keep wondering if year saved , is worth the extra $5000 .

Yeah your adjustment is around the corner soon you will be in for a thicker wire and probably going to get your back molar clamped.

*tap*

#29 Post by *tap* »

hey kish,
i went to the ortho thurs last week about a wierd shooting pain in a tooth but its stop now pheww!! but he did say without me asking so we'll still keep your app for 3 weeks time.. boooo!! owell not to long now though gna post some piccies soon think i'm on 2 months tomorrow. i reckon now there all loosened up i dont think my next app will be quite as long because they will move quicker or maybe i'm not being realistic ha..!!

as for the wilkodonctics i wouldnt bother you've got your braces on now and i'm sure there doing a nice job... i'm well used to mine now quite like em hehe well until my next add then i will want to rip them out again!

yes who knows what kind of gadgets will go on my brace next time maybe i'll have no springs and just wire i hope so :)
1 step closer!!!!!!!!

Miranbrady20

#30 Post by Miranbrady20 »

WOW looking good! congrats on your decision to get braced! How are you liking the Damons? thats what I have too... take a look at my 8 month progress... Damon's work FAST!