Rachel's journey - better photos

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pisceangirl

#31 Post by pisceangirl »

Hi Rachel!

I hope all goes well today :-1

Rachel B

#32 Post by Rachel B »

Thanks piscean girl!!

I went for my first adjustment today. I got a squarer wire on the top which apparantly will hurt more, a new wire on the bottom and hoooray a baby powerchain over my front teeth to close my silly gap!!!! The ortho said some numbers when he was putting the wires on but I have no idea what he said! I know that I will probably have to have a TAD to pull my front teeth round into the central position but until then he said he'd use the powerchains to close the silly gap I have next to my front tooth, from when the peg shaped incisor was extracted.
I feel really happy. My teeth are hurting but it's nothing really, just achy. When the ortho tightened the crossed wires I have between my lower gaps, wow that did hurt a bit but it wasn't too bad.
Overall a good first adjustment. I'm putting pics of my new baby powerchain.

Tommm

#33 Post by Tommm »

Your teeth are looking good! Congrats on your first adjustment :)

Shutter

#34 Post by Shutter »

Congratulations on your first adjustment. Your teeth are looking good. A lot of movement in a short period of time.

It looks like you've got a rotated canine - I've got one too. That tooth has taken longer then all of the others to move, but it is finally coming around.

I've heard that rotation is the most difficult movement to achieve - after 4 months I understand why.

Good luck with the square wire. Mine hurt for a few days, but then it was fine.

Shutter

[/url]

[/url]

Click on www below to see my braces story.

changes09

#35 Post by changes09 »

my bottom arch lookes just like yours...except unfortuently for me they are natural gaps...i have no excuse for my gap arches :) Its amazing how you got a square archwire and poerchains already. I guess that means your teeth are moving quick

brika

#36 Post by brika »

Looking great, Rachel! Congrats on reaching your first adjustment! :D
How have the new wires been? I'm supposed to be getting my first stiffer wire in a few days, and I'm nervous about how much pain it'll cause. :shock:

Ivette

#37 Post by Ivette »

Hi Rachel,
It was very encouraging to read your story! Thanks for sharing :)

BTW, how do you post images here? I just joined yesterday and still can't figure it out. I read the FAQ but it says I need to post the images on a public website. What can I use for that purpose?

Rachel B

#38 Post by Rachel B »

Thanks for all the support guys.

The squarer wire is going well. My teeth hurt quite a bit the day after my adjustment but I took some nurofen and the pain subsided and felt much better. I actually like the pain - no I'm not that way inclined- it just lets me know that things are happening.
All in all it's good. I can feel changes again. I have a little gap that's opened up between my lower incisors and my lower right canine is now much more upright than it was.
I think the silly little gap is closing too. :-*

Rach x

Rachel B

#39 Post by Rachel B »

Hi everyone,
So, It's now 9 and a half weeks since I was braced and I have my second adjustment next Friday.
I thought I'd update you on my progress.

The powerchain on the top is definitely closing the gap where my peg shaped lateral was extracted.

Beginning
First adjustment:
Now:

First adjustment:

Now:

My bottom teeth have also straightened more although a little gap has opened up, but from what I've read, that's normal.
My teeth sporadically hurt when they're moving but it's not too bad at all really.

I'm really looking forward to my adjustment next week because I like that ouchy tight feeling!!

Keep smiling those bracey smiles!!

Rach

:lol: :lol:

Rachel B

#40 Post by Rachel B »

Hi everyone.

I had my second adjustment yesterday and it went really well.
My ortho put the next wire in on the top and bottom and took off the cross wires I had between my lower gaps as he said the aw will now do the rest of the work.
I also had a new PC put on the top front four to close my gap even further.
He's such a nice guy, he always wants to chat to me before he does anything which is really good.
When he was putting my wires in he said "don't bite me!" and I was like "hell no" and he said the teenagers do it all the time - he thinks on purpose. He always makes me laugh.
I asked him about when I will be getting my TAD in to pull my front teeth round and he said the time after next - scary!!
Apparantly he's going to put stainless steel wires on next time - I don't know much about this - I guess that's even stronger.
I asked how long he thinks the whole bracing will be and he said - probably 18 months so it's looking hopeful that I may be the earlier estimate rather than the latter but having said that I'm well aware it is early days.
My teeth HURT but I like it.

Thanks for all the continued support.

Rach x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tommm

#41 Post by Tommm »

Congrats on your 2nd adjustment Rach. Time sure is flying by huh? :)

pisceangirl

#42 Post by pisceangirl »

Hi Rachel......great to see so much progress!

Fingers crossed it's just the 18 months x

Rachel B

#43 Post by Rachel B »

Hi everyone,

It's just past my three month braceaversary now and I have my third adjustment on Friday too.
I just wanted to posts some pics of my progress as an update.
I'm really happy about how much more like arches my...well..arches are!!

BEGINNING:

NOW:

BEGINNING:

NOW:

It's all really worth it!! Even the sunken cheek look that I am sporting at the mo.

:D :D

Blake24

#44 Post by Blake24 »

Whoa!!! Your bottom arch is awesome! Keep up the good work teeth.

Blake

kayleighkelley

#45 Post by kayleighkelley »

Your teeth have had great movement so far, your bottoms look really good!