Oh man.. here I go! Marley's story (updated pics on page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marley

#61 Post by Marley »

Ignore all these posts!

Image Image

Ivette

#62 Post by Ivette »

Marley, THANK you so much for posting these pictures! I've always wondered what the flipper looks like and to be honest, the photo where you're wearing it... looks great! It looks like a real tooth :wink:
Also when you have the flipper on, I can picture you as an end result - you're almost there! Awesome progress!

Miranbrady20

#63 Post by Miranbrady20 »

your midline as imporoved soooo much! amazing progress and I cant wait too see more!

Marley

#64 Post by Marley »

Hopefully soon you'll see them off :)

I had an ortho appt today. There was a chance I was going to get a debanding date. I didn't. I am okay with that because I know there is more work to be done with my bite and I don't want to rush anything. I am back in two weeks so my ortho can check my bite. Fingers crossssed!

I did get an extra elastic to wear at night along with the other two :) The good thing is, I don't have to wear this during the day!

Danielle

#65 Post by Danielle »

You're smile is looking great Marley!
I am back in two weeks so my ortho can check my bite. Fingers crossssed!
Those appointments two weeks apart are like seeing the finishing line for the first time. Good luck with your treatment.
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

Marley

#66 Post by Marley »

Well after a few apts scheduled 2-3 aparts I finally have a debanding date!! Thursday June 2nd!! 728 days in braces :)

My bite is on. I do have a space between my canine and lateral incisor but I'm done with the fusing.. I just want them off! I figure if I start looking at every imperfection I'll start going crazy!!

Anyways - thanks to all! Talk about time flying!!

Marley

#67 Post by Marley »

I went to my final Ortho appt (got my braces off June 2, 2009) and while I've been wearing my retainer faithfully, my bite is brutal! Back in 2007 I remember my Ortho talking to my about surgery, but wanted to try braces. SO... 3.5 years alter - I'm headed back to braces and to jaw surgery. Have a consultation tomorrow to find out more. Thankfully there is no cost to me. My Ortho is the bomb!

Looks like I'm back to reading everyone's stories and the progress pictures :)

khublei

#68 Post by khublei »

Wow you're progress is truly amazing! Great looking teeth!

Marley

#69 Post by Marley »

Thanks khublei :)

I am back into braces on Nov 8th, with surgery in 6-7 months.

Hope your journey is going good!

SonyaM

#70 Post by SonyaM »

Sorry to hear you're joining us in our misery again. Hopefully all will be right once you're done this time. :)

Marley

Re: Oh man.. here I go! Marley's story (5 years later!!)

#71 Post by Marley »

So, a quick run down! Dec 2006 I decided I would ask my dentist about what I could do about my smile. I never ever thought I could have a normal smile! I was missing a lateral incisor that I was never born with and had a crossbite. I was majorly ashamed of my smile - I'm sure most people can understand! I had a consult Feb 2007 where my amazing ortho mentioned surgery and I said no thanks! So he said he'd try with just braces. Got my braces of in June 2009 and a bit later I got my implant - finally a full set of teeth. Last retainer appt my Ortho asked if I was happy. I said I didn't expect everything to be perfect and he offered to re-treat me for free if I did surgery. I said yes. Well, it was the BEST decision I ever made. I went back into braces in Nov 2010. I no longer grind my teeth and it's nice to have a face that fits together a bit better! I did the upper/lower jaw/chin surgery on May 30th and got my braces removed Nov 1, 2011. I wasn't great with keeping up pictures, so thankfully I can access pics from my orthodontists website from beginning to now. My gums were a bit red and puffy after my braces came off, so not the greatest pics! They are back to normal now.

My Comparison Pics

Feb 2007 - Nov 2011 Smile

Feb 2007 - Nov 2011 Profile

Sept 2010 - Nov 2011 Smile

Sept 2010 - Nov 2011 Profile

Feb 2007 - Nov 2011 Xray

To anyone who thinks they are too old, or their case is too complicated - you're crazy! This was the best thing I could have ever done!

klobird

Re: Oh man.. here I go! Marley's story (updated pics on pag

#72 Post by klobird »

What an absolutely amazing result!! You must be so happy!!

stepher7

#73 Post by stepher7 »

Fantastic results!! I'm sure it was tough having to go through all of that over such a long period of time, but your smile looks great, and will for many years!

Marley

#74 Post by Marley »

klobird and stepher7

I am very happy! Which feels nice because I thought after the first time around I would just have to settle. It was all worth it!