Chocoholic and her braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chocoholic

Chocoholic and her braces

#1 Post by Chocoholic »

Hello Everyone,

I've been ummming and ahhhing over braces for a while and decided to pluck up the courage and take the plunge to sort my wonky teeth out, which I'm very miffed at the fact my dentist didn't do years ago.

So on 29th May I got the top set of teeth braced, with 6 ceramics and 4 metal brackets, during the process the plastic retractor holding my mouth open was more uncomfortable than anything.

Once all done everything was fine and I though weyhey this isn't so bad, until some friends persuaded me to try some mushy pizza, not good with cheese wrapped round everything - hilarious! won't be doing that again in a hurry.

The last couple of days have been very painful, my teeth feel tight and it hurts to clench them together, plus my bite is all weird, so sticking to liquid or mushy stuff.

Should have the bottom braces on in about a month as my ortho wants to get the top ones going first, so glad, not sure I could have coped with both at once.

Everyone has been really supportive.

Chocox

*Jenni*

#2 Post by *Jenni* »

hey i'm the opposite :) i have bottom ones but not top... yet.

bracesgrrl

#3 Post by bracesgrrl »

I had top and bottom and an upper palate expander put in all at once and I lived! It is not that bad! :lol:

Chocoholic

#4 Post by Chocoholic »

Well it's just been over a week since my top braces went on, and finally my teeth are starting feel half normal again, and I'm able to eat pretty much anything again although without my teeth meeting properly, chewing makes me look a bit like a camel.

The one thing that's really bugging me is my canines - youwch! Whenever I catch them on the low teeth it hurts so much, they're the only ones that hurt, which is a bit weird.

Have my first adjustment in just over a weeks time, so guess will be back to liquid food for a few days. :lol: