24 year old mommy and wife

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lmlawrence

24 year old mommy and wife

#1 Post by lmlawrence »

Here is my original post....

[/quote]Hello Everyone!

I'm a 24 year old mother and wife. I've always needed braces (my teeth were very crowded) and had the opportunity to get them when I was a teenager but decided not to because I was too worried about people making fun of me. Now as an adult I'm finally had it with how my teeth look, and finally got them. Luckily I had someone to support me through it, my husband needed it as well so we both got it at the same time. I'll have to wear them for 18 months and a little over 24 months for him. I remember when I first got them on (May 11, 2009) I was worried about how people would think and react to them especially since I'm an adult with metal braces. Then to add to it I had to have 4 teeth extracted (May 27, 2009). I was so amazed that I actually had people supporting me and not making fun of me. So now its about 2 months since I've had my braces on and I've noticed some changes already =).

This is my first day

2 months

4 months

Almost 5 months

alibracket

#2 Post by alibracket »

Wow that is a lot of progress. Did you have to get extractions?

lmlawrence

#3 Post by lmlawrence »

Hello alibracket,

Thank you =). I had to have 4 teeth extracted! It happened about a week after having my braces on, it's the was worse pain I've experienced so far!

jxds

#4 Post by jxds »

Wow, thats a lot of progress in five months, congratulations! How are braces treating you so far?
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298

lmlawrence

#5 Post by lmlawrence »

Hello jxds,

Thank you =). Having braces has been a great experience so far especially with all the changes I've seen already. That's what's been keeping me so motivated. How long have you had braces?

jxds

#6 Post by jxds »

I've been in braces for 15 months already, and I quite happy so far. Of course, there are moments in which you wish you could just take them out and forget them, and moments in which the movement slows down and you feel just tired of the whole thing, but in general I'm happy. I love your positive attitude! :D
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298