Donna's Tooth Journey. Age 20.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SassyCatLove

TheTwiggyDance

#31 Post by SassyCatLove »

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage[/img]
Floccinaucinihilipilification. Its what counts.

SassyCatLove

TheTwiggyDance

#32 Post by SassyCatLove »

AND PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME!!!! READ THE POST BEFORE THE LAST PHOTOS! I need answers.... about the overbite thing... :C

starzz

#33 Post by starzz »

Great progress!

Good news:
Don't worry, braces won't make your chin get bigger. That would require surgery! (or maybe ortho in kids when they're still growing). In adults braces can only move the teeth within the the jawbone. When you stick your bottom jaw forward it's moving the teeth AND the jaw and is NOT how you will end up. :D

Bad news:
To correct overbite, you have to wear elastics. Don't be surprised when they're added.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

SassyCatLove

TheTwiggyDance

#34 Post by SassyCatLove »

Why am I up right now....

Anyway I read that you get your teeth filed when you get your braces off.... Like filed so they are even?? I guess...?

Does anyone know anything about this? :/

Isnt that...... bad for your teeth? It takes off parts of the top layer which is the protective layer......no? Am I being too paranoid? Am I asking too many questions?

Everytime i ask my ortho about things like this, and for example about the whole thing where my teeth arent even in the front, he gives me this weird look like hes wondering why i dont accept everything hes doing. Like I am questioning his ability to do his job.

I feel like he must be thinking: "Youre teeth were so flower up before... and youre worried about a little thing like this???"

.....WELL HELL YEAH IM WORRYING. I didnt get these braces just cause I wanted perfect teeth, but now that he made that promise theres no turning back damnit.

felicia

#35 Post by felicia »

I am almost 3 months into my braces, but I already worry about the filing that comes in the end. My upper front incisors were uneven, and shaped a little bit different, so the ortho pulled down the shorter one, and now it's longer than his brother. I assume they will file it a little bit. I also believe they will file my canines a little bit, since they are very sharp from standing somewhat high in my mouth for 27 years. When the time comes for them to file my teeth, I'm gonna tell them only to file the STRICTLY NECESSARY...nothing more. I'm not looking to have the perfect teeth...I'm willing to settle for "almost perfect"and keep them healthy.
And like many people on this site wrote, the imperfections and asymmetries are the ones that make us unique and special.

SassyCatLove

TheTwiggyDance

#36 Post by SassyCatLove »

lol... two posts ago. did they replace f****d with flower??? baahahah!!!! but i need to post my newest photos because im getting my braces off over 6 months early... as in.... in 17 DAYS!!! wheee!!!!

SassyCatLove

TheTwiggyDance

#37 Post by SassyCatLove »

so. my teeth are now like this... im too lazy to upload befores so just go back a few posts to see the initial shots.

and please excuse the nasty yellow glue, oh god its disgusting. only 17 more days of this crap..

SassyCatLove

Bracessss

#38 Post by SassyCatLove »

They come off in SIX DAYS!!! OH JOY!!!! :D

I just hope they will look ok. Am I paranoid or do they look kind of crooked still? They are going to shave the bottom of my teeth cause of the chip. So nervous... but i will be FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! :)

Its okay everyone. It will end soon for you too. I got mine off 5 months early! :) wear those rubberbands!

UGHBRACES

#39 Post by UGHBRACES »

Your teeth look great. And you are done in just 1 year, thats fast!

Dilema

#40 Post by Dilema »

looks great

keep us updated

:P