cari04's story (updated after canine exposure)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cari04

cari04's story (updated after canine exposure)

#1 Post by cari04 »

Hi! I got braced yesterday, it was fine.. but today started to hurt a bit. My case is an class III that will have to be corrected with surgery next summer, and two impacte canines which are to be brought down this summer. i also currently have the two canine baby teeth which never came out. here are pictures:

^before

day two of braces. the slight gap between my front two teeth has already almost closed completely.

any comments you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ;) good luck. (i am nineteen yrs old)
Last edited by cari04 on Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

fyrelight

#2 Post by fyrelight »

Cool, Cari! You have VERY nice teeth already.... they'll be awesome after your canines are in and you have the surgery done! :D
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

cari04

#3 Post by cari04 »

thanks so much, i really hope that after all of this work (and money) that things will be great!! :) I've definitely missed being able to eat real food for three days... how much longer does this last?? and when can i expect to eat a sandwich hahah?! :wink:

Do you all think that I can expect a great outcome?? My dentist's assistant said that its usually a big change in class 111 cases after they're all done. i will have a better profile and not so much chin. i will probably look totally different, and hopefully for the better! :) i just wonder what you all think... like are my teeth shaped well?

also ... how long do you guys estimate that it will take to close the gaps between my front four teeth on top? i will be so happy when those are GONE.
:) hope everyone is doing fine, and hanging in there.

fyrelight

#4 Post by fyrelight »

Cari,

Your adult canines will be larger than your baby ones... so they won't want to close up the gaps until those come in... you need that space for the adult canines. They might push all that space to the canine area with springs, though...

I had impacted canines as well, but I had normal occlusion... class 1, I guess. Your teeth are much straighter than mine were, though... :wink: My pictures are on my website.

Good luck!
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

cari04

#5 Post by cari04 »

thanks so much. i am excited about it all, and can't wait until they look perfect.

Class III with impacted canines.
ESTIMATED treatment time: 2 years

Loop

#6 Post by Loop »

Hi Cari! Image

I still had my baby canines in place in the upper arch but they were removed along with my adult impacted canines which were up in my palate. So you do you have four impacted canines, as in 2 adults and 2 baby? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick!?

Good luck with your treatment - looking forward to hearing about your progress.

fyrelight

#7 Post by fyrelight »

Loop, on her pics you can see her baby canines are not impacted... they are just still present, like mine were, until I had the babies pulled. She's lucky she's got some gaps, too... it'll make it easier to bring those adult ones in line. :wink:
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Loop

#8 Post by Loop »

Ha! You're right - all I had to do was look a little closer at the pics Image Image
I blame it on the wine I was drinking!

cari04

#9 Post by cari04 »

Heye guys :) Well it's been a week and day, and I am getting very used to the braces. The insides of my mouth have finally toughened up, and I can eat a bit better now, but it gets stuck in my teeth.

My second to the middle teeth on top are moving closer to my two front teeth every day, which makes me happy, and makes room for my canines. I am going to the beach (florida) tomorrow and will be gone for a week. When I get back I will take another picture and show you my progress, if there is any. 8)

Evelyn

#10 Post by Evelyn »

Hey Cari! Welcome to the club! I had an impacted canine as well, it's on it's way down now though. I posted some pics on the metal mouth message board entitle 'Vicki's grand entrance into the world' or something like that, you can see pics so you know what to expect. Also, fyrelight has some awesome pictures if you click on here www. I can't wait to see your end result! Any estimates on how long you'll have the braces for?
Love Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

cari04

#11 Post by cari04 »

okay so its been eighteen days, and here are pictures.

^my before pics

^ day two of braces

^day 18.

can anyone tell if good things are happening? or anything is happening?

cari04

#12 Post by cari04 »

so it's been one month and 2 weeks

im sorry that you cant see all of my teeth really well, its hard to smile with this underbite :(

but i got a power chain on my four top front teeth and they are ocming together :)

cari04

#13 Post by cari04 »

Here is a pic for almost two months of treatment.

any comments?

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#14 Post by nahky »

hey carissa

did u see the prediction i made from your picture of u after the surgery?

viewtopic.php?t=5461

your teeth looks pretty nice and straight.

when is your surgery? mines in 9 months time, i cant wait til my bottom teeth tuck in below my top row of teeth and i can look like a normal person.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

cari04

#15 Post by cari04 »

i'm going in tomorrow for my 2nd adjustment. I am so anxious for this to be over with. I am used to my braces now, and I am not worried about my appearance anymore because my top teeth are coming together which i think enhances the way i look, even with braces. :)

i'm off to my apartment for college 2.5 hours away on monday . i will have to drive home once a month for these braces. :shock: