Finally braced at 28 : )

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SilveredChica

Finally braced at 28 : )

#1 Post by SilveredChica »

Hello everyone.... :computer:

I have been reading these blogs since November last year, when I started the process for my braces....... It has kept me motivated on the process and I will finally be braced on March 11th ( Sooooooo excited!!).
I decided to write on this blog, to keep track of my process and share my excitement. It's not as fun sharing it with my friends and family, without getting the usual "Your teeth are not too bad why are you spending money on braces" :-(*

I am a 28 year old female, who has *~*dreamed*~* of getting braces for yearssssssss....... I haven't been able to afford them until now. It has taken me a few months to get my braces because I had a few fillings to take care off and needed my wisdom removed. I got my wisdom teeth removed last friday. The healing process was not too bad, I took a few days off work and followed all the post op instructions and I'm happy to say I did not get a dry socket (which I hear are painfulllllllll!) Today I got metal spacers and they are driving me insaneeeeeeeeeeeeee :-+ They are actually hurting me more than the whole wisdom teeth recovery. They could only fit one rubber one, because my back teeth are sooooo tight :oops: The lady even broke a plastic one and scraped the top of my mouth while trying. I was so embarrased bleeding, while she called for "backup" to put in metal one's LOL..... :oops: I will have my spacers in for a week and next thursday I will be officially braced...YAY.....

Here are some pics.... I hope the links work!

CAN YOU SEE THE OVERBITE? LOL

THIS IS ABOUT AS FAR UP I CAN GET MY TOP TEETH WHEN I SMILE

MY BOTTOM TEETH... I USED TO HAVE SILVER FILLINGS ON MY MOLARS AND REPLACED THEM WITH WHITE.

TOP TEETH WITH MY UGLYYYYY SILVER FILLINGS (COULD NOT AFFORD WHITE ON TOP TOO) :cry: LOOK AT THE ONLY RUBBER BLUE SPACER THEY COULD FIT :ThumbsDown:

THE EVIL SPACERSSSSS :evil:

JenInBraces

#2 Post by JenInBraces »

Hi there, nice to meet you! I just got my braces on Feb 22nd, but they didn't put the wires in, but March 25th is when it becomes official, due to having to get my bicuspids removed tomorrow. Looks like your teeth are a lot like mine, in the sense they're not that "bad" but they aren't nice and straight, either. Good luck with your journey!

SilveredChica

#3 Post by SilveredChica »

Nice to meet you too JenInBraces!!! :-1 Thanks for your post. I will be sure to check out your blog.... Hope you have a nice recovery from your bicuspids!

Well its been 3 days since my spacers went in and OMG this has been a nightmare.... They had warned me it was gonna be painful, because my back teeth are EXTREMELY tight, but WOW was I not ready for this. One of them came out last night as I was eating some a yummy baked potato..... The ortho had told me if that happened I had to go back and replace it because how tight my teeth are... and this morning I checked and the space that it had already created closed! :yikes: It's amazing how your teeth can move like that in a couple of hours. Anyways, im going to use that as an excuse to ask them if they can try to replace them with the rubber spacers now (they might fit, fingers crossed!) :thumbsup:

Well I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

cmone

#4 Post by cmone »

Hi & welcome to the board! I get my spacers in on Thursday & I am not looking forward to them. I'm sorry you're in so much pain but hopefully it'll subside soon. No pain no gain...I bet u don't want to hear that right now. I have to keep them for a week also & getting braced next Thursday. I met a 36yr old lady last night that has been braced for 2 mnths. She advised me to eat all of my favs now. She said she's lost 15 lbs so far. To be so lucky! Good luck to you on your journey & keep us posted. We can comfort each other when we want to rip the new bling out. :ouch:
Live free or die

SilveredChica

#5 Post by SilveredChica »

Hi cmone thanks for posting! I am happyyyyyyy to say the pain has subsided a little, every once in a while I feel a lot of pressure from the evil spacers BUT it is now a lot better than the first 3 days! YAYYYY! So you get your spacers the same day I get braced, uh? Pretty cool... I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get rubber one's and not this evil metal one's I have LOL and yes that lady is right, pleasseeeeeee eat all the pizza, fried chicken and hard candy you want NOW...... you can still eat them with your spacers BUT you won't enjoy them the same way because of how sensitive your teeth will feel. My gums feel like my 4 month old baby niece's, now that she is teething haha. well good luck on your journey as well and let me know what you think about them spacers when you get them :-1

Well, here is an update on my spacers..... I went to the ortho yesterday to replace that spacer that popped out. As soon as I walk in and say "Hi, I called earlier to replace my spacer", The 2 ladies at the front desk give me a sad face or has we say in spanish "cucharita" and say "ohhhhh, poor thing you must be the girl with the metal spacers" :shock: They call in the metal spacer "expert" Jan, to fix it, lol. I was like wow, this things suck so much that only one lady at the office deals with them! :oops: So, I try to be slick and tell Jan my whole sob story about all my pain and she said "let's try to fit a rubber one first" and IT FIT!!!!! I was soooo happy and it felt so MUCH comfortable... I figured since I was having so much luck, what the heck let me just ask nice pretty Jan if she can take ALL the other metal one's out and see if the rubber one's now fit. NOT! :soremouth: She said unfortunately I had to keep the metal one's..... oh well, I tried haha... Thank God there is an awesome ice cream store next door to the ortho and I stopped by and got some delicious peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. Nothing like ice cream to make a girls day brighter :banana:

Here is a pic of the rubber spacer YAY!!!! and I cant wait for them to fix that tooth, it has been like that since middle school..... lazy butt, not wanting to stand up with his brothers and sisters lol.

Sooooooo this is all for now! I cant wait for Thursday!!! I will keep you posted...... ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR BAND COLORS FOR MY FIRST TIME??????????????
[/url]