My first day with Damon braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

grev

week 7

#16 Post by grev »

Had my 2nd "official" ortho appointment today.

His RDA changed my upper and lower wires and placed powerchains on the top teeth to begin closing the extraction gap. That's fast for just having a 2nd appointment I think, i thought they would wait before they placed the powerchains .

Also because my ortho didn't want my upper central teeth to get spaces between them while they are being moved he asked the RDA to place thin metal wires that was twisted to each and every bracket and twisted together and then the powerchains were placed.

My teeth are still sore and so when the assistant started opening the gates to my Damon Brackets the pain was very severe! I kept quiet though and just tried not to say anything.

I mentioned that 7 weeks into the treatment and I have been unable to chew and so I have lost 8 lbs all together.... my ortho said he cannot remove the bite turbos yet and that some of my premolars on one side have supraerupted and so for the next few months bec. my bite is open they are going to touch at different places but because I have an open bite, the movement of teeth are faster...

I took 800mg ibuprogen an hour before the appt but theys till hurt also take them every 8 hours...

so today, new wires, new wire ties braided together and powerchains on the top...it's a good thing I am working which temporarily distracts me from the pain... can't wait till they come off!

msbee

#17 Post by msbee »

Oh I've got them bite turbos/molar buildups too, and I so completely emphathize!
I ate nothing but soft mushy food for the 1st 2 weeks, and it's only in the last few days that I've managed to eat some slices of meat, and rice! But that's because I've worn down the molar buildups quite a bit, and my teeth aren't aching anymore, so I can chew better. =) Veggies are quite impossible still though.
My teeth were sentenced on 7th May 2010 to be imprisoned for 2 years.
What they did behind bars: My braces story
Finishing wire on since 4th October
Debraced June 2011!!

Zulu Tip

#18 Post by Zulu Tip »

My molars don't touch as well so I've found it difficult to chew anything in the last 3 days since I got my braces put on. My overbite causes the front teeth to hit the lower brackets before my molars get anywhere near touching. I can't envision how this will improve while brackets are still on, so it may be a long time before I chew again.

Like msbee - I'm not sure if I'll ever get to chew veggies with these things on. I told my wife to add V8 to the shopping list!

Good luck grev!!

grev

#19 Post by grev »

I'm glad you all can emphatize! People sometimes compare you with regular brace wearers who can chew anything after awhile.

When my ortho found out yesterday I have not been able to chew for 7 weeks and lost 8lbs he took a look if he can lower the turbos but I told him not to worry if they're there for a purpose I'll wait till they are no longer needed which is maybe a few months from now he said...

oh well, at least i can eat spaghetti, i basically just eat whatever I can swallow

my ortho also emailed me today just to check how I was feeling, i thought that was great...

grev

spet 16, 2010

#20 Post by grev »

I have not reported anything for awhile been busy.

Went to my ortho last wed. and I am now in SS wires, powerchains upper and lower and cross elastics the hook from my upper canines to my lower first molars

The extraction gap between my canine and other premolar is now 3mm wide and has been slowing and steadily closing the past few months

My ortho also removed my bite turbo at that visit.

Since April this year I have lost 11 lbs simply by eating less but I can't chew as well...

My teeth have been terribly sore since yesterday but working is a great distraction.

My maxillary and mandibular teeth are out of the correct cusp-fossa relationship since I have had a floating bite due to the turbos the last few months.

There has been remarkable progress with my overjet and my upper maxillary central incisors are no longer flared...

Braces is a huge committment there are still days I want them ripped off and unlike other peopel I can;t say I'm getting used to them, I am just am committed to the whole process whoever painful it is to correct my bite, at least when my daughter gets them I can really empathize!