Fyrelight's Canine Saga = EPIC COMPLETE

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fyrelight

Fyrelight's Canine Saga = EPIC COMPLETE

#1 Post by fyrelight »

I had 2 adult canines that didn't come in... I had my baby canines pulled, then braces put on September 2001. After my teeth were straight enough to get the heavy archwire needed, I had exposure surgery to bring the adult canines in to place in May 2002. First surgery, we exposed the canines and placed gold chains on the teeth and to the archwire. Each month, we would tighten and take off a link or two of chain. Went this way for quite a while. Second surgery was in May 2003, the teeth had moved all they could behind the gums, and had to be exposed and left exposed so tiny buttons could be placed on them. Unfortunately, the bone and gum regrew over them very quickly, and by the time I got to the ortho, there wasn't enough space even for that. So, I had my third exposure surgery June 2003 to do the same thing as the second one. Buttons were finally placed. Once enough tooth was showing, we could put the real brackets on them! That happened in October 2003. Then we closed the overbite with powerchains and elastics. Removed: July 6th!!!

My canines decided to go back up in the gums a bit. My ortho's office agreed to redo my braces for free to bring them back down... REBRACED December 7th, 2004!

Well, at my last ortho appointment (April), my doc said maybe one more wire in May, then we'd see if we can get them off in June or July. You can see the canines are just about in the right place. Hopefully they stay DOWN this time! :twisted:

All my OTHER pictures are on my website at the WWW button below this post.

Last edited by fyrelight on Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

fyrelight

#2 Post by fyrelight »

Well, I had an ortho appt yesterday. I got a purple powerchain all across the top to close some very tiny gaps here and there. In fact, this morning, they are pretty much closed.

Doc told me I'm getting impressions in 4 weeks, then debanding and retainer delivered on July 5th! Yay! He's also getting me a "wrap around" retainer.... its like a Hawley, but the wires dont cross your occlusal surfaces of your teeth (the biting surfaces), so it will not push my canines back up. He noted it might be bigger in my palate than my old one but I dont have gagging issues, so its probably fine. I found a pic of one similar...

That's my update.. :)
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

So glad that the canine issue has been solved.

Perhaps they should put little anchors on those pesky canines to keep them down. :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

fyrelight

#4 Post by fyrelight »

Hahaha, now that would be funny... little bitty anchors hanging down from my canines... :lol:
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

Well they pierce almost everything else these days, why not canines?

You may start a new fashion trend...teeth earrings. :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

fyrelight

#6 Post by fyrelight »

Yep, they DO pierce everything nowadays... personally, I'll stick with just my ears pierced, although they have 2 holes each... :lol: I think I read one time that some tribe somewhere used to drill holes in teeth and insert gems, and another filed their teeth into sharp points.... its ALL been done, folks.... :lol:
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

fyrelight

#7 Post by fyrelight »

Well, had impressions made today... this is my last month in braces, so I went wild and got YELLOW powerchains!!!

THREE MORE WEEKS!
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Manda

#8 Post by Manda »

Congradulations Fyrelight! I'm so excited for you, 3 weeks is not long at all. Let us know how it goes. I bet you will so happy to be rid of your braces...the second time around! Way to go! :thumbsup:

fyrelight

#9 Post by fyrelight »

Well, I got my braces off today, for the 2nd time! Here they are in their (hopefully) final positions:

I have a wraparound retainer this time, so no wires to push my canines back up like last time... :

I'm happy! :D
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Manda

#10 Post by Manda »

Congradulations, your smile is amazing! :jump: :rawk:
Braced for 7months, 4 days
Wireless since December 21, 2005 and loving it!

Dodger(UK)

#11 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Congratulations, Pamela.

Hopefully that will be the end of your orthodontic journey this time ;)

Great results by the way :)

2hOtT2HaNdLe01

#12 Post by 2hOtT2HaNdLe01 »

your teeth look absolutley AMAZING! :D :D im stunned. good luck with your retainer..hope thats the end of it all! ha. lucky you..ive got another like 16 months! lol. :D :D :D :D :D
BRACED: March 16, 2005
DEBANDED: October 3, 2006

Loop

#13 Post by Loop »

Your teeth look beautiful - you must be really pleased with the outcome.

*Denise*

#14 Post by *Denise* »

The perfect teeth! :thumbsup: :)

Chris

#15 Post by Chris »

Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007