26 uk getting braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gem26uk

26 uk getting braces

#1 Post by gem26uk »

Really glad I found his site as im about to have my braces fitted by the end of January, Im not sure how to describe what’s going on with my teeth apart from the fact I have a bad overbite which make really self-conscious I hate smiling. I was fitted with a removable brace when I was 11 and a head gear but didn’t wear them so I decided I really want to feel good about myself and to fix my smile. I went to get my spacers today up to now they aren’t as bad as I thought no pain or aching as of yet but only had them in 8 hours so not sure how il feel when I wake up need to go back on the 12th for bands fitted also some more impressions taken for some appliance that will sit on the roof of my mouth not sure what’s its called but il try and find out he did mention it stops teeth from moving tho.
Il try and upload pics as I go good luck with anyone else getting braced.

Ellebraced

Re: 26 uk getting braces

#2 Post by Ellebraced »

Welcome Gem26Uk,

This is a great site, where you can laugh and cry with people in the same situations and make this experience enjoyable. I found it hard to eat with the spacers and I was afraid they were going to fall out, only 1 did.

I will have spacers again in a couple days....again for 2 lower molar bands that did not want to go in on brace day. I found braces pain less painful then spacer pain. Don't worry the week will go by fast.

Good luck!

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

BraceFace2o1o

#3 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hi gem26uk and welcome to the forum. I am sure you'll enjoy it here :D

Congrats on starting your brace journey, before you know it you'll be well on your way. My first 6 weeks seem to have gone pretty quick, hopefully the next 17-23 months do too lol

I look forward to reading your next update. Good luck :-1
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

gem26uk

#4 Post by gem26uk »

Well its day 3 with these spacers and I can honestly say there driving me insane just want to floss them so bad urgh… only 6 more sleeps till there out thank god. Abit gutted as I had a phone call from my dentist saying my Ortho had rang him to discus an extraction, I was aware I needed one removed from my bottom, but now hes decided I need 3 extractions two are my lower wisdom teeth I am so devastated as I’m terrified of the dentist and after my last experience getting a top wisdom removed in 08 it wasn’t the best experience nearly passed out as he was doing it, in the end he had to leave it and getting it done a few weeks later. So I have an appointment for Monday to have two removed so wish me luck so scared, but on a brighter note come Wednesday I should be braced
:D

gem26uk

#5 Post by gem26uk »

Well on Monday I had my lower pre molar extracted which wasn’t as bad as thought it was going to be, but could not go through with getting my lower wisdom teeth removed I have decided I will get sedated for them in the near future. So yesterday I had my lower molar bands fitted and my Ortho to put a bracket on the lateral incisor and put a power chain on move the tooth to close gap where I had my extraction. I went home happy with my appointment and what my Ortho said the rest of the afternoon went fine it was a bit strange having the molar bands on and the bracket but no pain. :o
Well after dinner my tooth started to ache so took some paracetemol which didn’t help as the evening went on the pain was so bad I actually cried!! :braces_angry: Im usually ok when it comes to pain but toothache I cant handle by 11pm I was in agony I took a codeine which also didn’t help by 1am I was in such a state with this 1 tooth I wanted to take the power chain off I ended up taking 50mg tramadol which didn’t even take the edge off so by 2 30am I went looking for more painkillers ended up taking 60mg of codeine phosphate which seemed to do the trick pain went :shock: , fell asleep till 5 30am excruciating pain in the same tooth :ThumbsDown: so took 2 more codeine half hour later fell asleep surprised I didn’t overdose on painkillers. At one point I even told my husband id rather give birth again than have toothache like that.
I woke up feeling like id had a few to many glasses of wine I was spaced out for a good hour or so. Im starting to think im not sure I can go through with getting the rest of the brace on it I was in that much pain with this 1 little tooth how the hell can I cope when all the brackets go on in 2 weeks, I was so excited about starting this brace journey but now having second thoughts. :cry:

Ellebraced

#6 Post by Ellebraced »

OUCH!! that sounds horrible. Did you call your ortho ?? Maybe something weird happened or you had a filling or cavity that was aggravated??

Good luck!! That's a lot of pain killers, it would have made me sick!!

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

gem26uk

#7 Post by gem26uk »

My Ortho did warn me i would suffer (mild pain) not sure if its just the angle its at trying to turn round or something if its like this in the morning i wil give him a call im suprised i was not sick off all the pain killes i neve take them i usually just deal with the pain.

GRILLZ

#8 Post by GRILLZ »

so sorry to hear of your terrible pain!!! ouch!!! i'm getting my braces in the morning..hope i fair somewhat better. wishing you much pain relief and soon!!

gem26uk

#9 Post by gem26uk »

Today I got my top molar bands on and they had a pallet thing attached not sure what its called I do know to stop back teeth moving forward. I also had brackets fitted to my top canine teeth with power chains attached to the molar bands, my ortho basically said hes building the brace up as we go along he needs my canine teeth to move back before he can fix my overbite I have an appointment in 6 weeks so hopefully the gaps should start to close and I can have the rest of my brace fitted im quite lucky as you cant really notice it im not in any pain yet ut come this evening I imagine I will need some pain relief hopefully its not as painful as last time I still only have 1 bracket on my lower left side I have not noticed any movement yet but its only been 2 weeks since that went on I’ve tried to upload pics but it wont let me but al keep trying.
:)

gem26uk

#10 Post by gem26uk »

just thought id add some pics of my teeth cant believe iv did this hate them soooo much