Ellebraced is getting braced- PICS !!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drgnchsr36

Re: Ellebraced is getting braced- PICS !!!!!

#46 Post by drgnchsr36 »

luchababe wrote:I was SOO like you! I wanted my front buck tooth fixed and said the bottoms didn't bother me as much. Now that everything is moving, I'm very excited to get the bottom arch looking sexy like the top one will! I was told he could have my teeth straight in 6 months so I'm half way there. Fixing the jaw with elastics will take longer. But I'm looking forward to elastics despite the horror stories I've read on here because it means my teeth are straight and it's time to move onto the next stage. My contract says 24 months but I think that's just a standard quote. EVERYONE is so different I bet they have to be pretty broad with predictions so people don't get over excited or depressed. I've seen people on here with braces for 4 years and some I've seen have them off at 7 months, so who knows!

What are the odds of all of us being miracle patients with teeth our orthos have never seen move so fast? :wink:
That'd be awesome, we'd be great references for their practices!!! ;)

peacefrog

#47 Post by peacefrog »

Wow your teeth have made great progress in a short amount time. Hopefully they will keep up the good work for you.

Ellebraced

#48 Post by Ellebraced »

I went for another appointment today but nothing really happened, just got 2 back lower molar bands and they didn't even put the wire thru it. I don't go back for another 4 weeks, so my 1st adjustment will be 9 weeks from my brace date. They said I will get the next wire up, I guess in total there is 3 strengths or something. Oh well I was hoping for tension but I guess at least I will be able to eat good for the next 4 weeks. My spacers this past week didn't even bother me.

My teeth sure felt weird when the lower wire was off, like they were all loose and wobbly...WEIRD!!

I asked about my yellow looking teeth and she said it's the glue and you can't scrape it away or clean it, so yellowly it will stay.

In case anyone is looking for a YUMMY protein shake and can't eat or even if you can but likes shakes like me. At Costco Canada (not sure about USA), and also online they have a ready made shake called PREMIER NUTRITION, in chocolate, SOOOOO YUMMY. Comes in a package of 18 for around $25-$30. Great for on the go.

Hope everyone is doing well!! Sorry I have no drama to report. LOL. :thumbsup:

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

petal

#49 Post by petal »

I am so glad that you mentioned those protein shakes, those are the exact same ones I have been buying at Costco in the states. They really are good and I feel like they save me when I am at work or on the go and can't eat a proper meal.

GRILLZ

#50 Post by GRILLZ »

ellebraced:

your teeth are moving 'faster than a speeding bullet!!' awesome progress!! :thumbsup:

llbill

#51 Post by llbill »

I feel for ya babe!!! I sucked my thumb too. I did it openly for 10 years and secretly until I was 19!!! My husband is 11 years older than me. I am a young looking 28 and he is an old looking 39. I too have become obsessed with google-ing braces. Your story brought me do much joy. I look forward to updates. Before I left my orthos office the lady said I looked like the nanny- not the mom. I have always struggled with looking young and now it's awful!!! Good luck girly. I'm proud of ya.

Ellebraced

#52 Post by Ellebraced »

Thanks everyone.

So I got those last lower molar bands and they are a bit irritating because they are right in the back of my mouth with no room to breath but so far so good. I keep thinking unless I am in pain then I am not progressing but I guess that is not the case. My lower teeth are very wiggly, I keep biting down on the lower fang and making it wiggle....GROSS.

llbill - Thanks for sharing the kind words, WOW 19 is a late thumbsucker......not that there is anything wrong with that :P .....if only it didn't mess up our teeth.

I still have to sleep with a stuffed animal LOL....yes I know 32 and needing that comfort...it's a weird habit but I am not embarrassed about it and will never stop it. Even if I travel and forget to bring it I have to roll up at towel and have it as substitute. LOL. I think we should embrace our craziness.

I guess some people want to look younger, so far I have had no comments on my husband looking like my father.

My husband pointed out something funny I do with my hand, I place my thumb tucked in between my index and middle finger and with my hand in a fist......I guess it is the same position as when I sucked my thumb which is weird 20 years later and still doing that, it could be too that I was a smoker and that is how I also held a cigarette. I will be 10 years smoke free when I get these suckers off in 2013.

Grillz- Thanks, they are moving really well. And to think I was going to delay my treatment because of Christmas until this week, it is nice to have movement so quickly it helps the 2nd guessing to see results.

I am enjoying reading everybody's stories and am so grateful for your support.

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months

GRILLZ

#53 Post by GRILLZ »

llbill - Thanks for sharing the kind words, WOW 19 is a late thumbsucker......not that there is anything wrong with that :P .....if only it didn't mess up our teeth.
i've been a thumbsucker for.....well i dont' want to say how many years....i finally gave it up about 3 years ago (for good) when i realized i HAD to wear my night brace everynite.....and it was impossible do to both things at the same time. it's funny, occasionally if i've had a really really stressful day at work, or if i'm stressing out about it at night.....i've tried it again and it's totally foreign to me and gives me no comfort...guess i totally have given it up. i never thought i ever would.....i'm amazed i was able to, but i'ts a good thing.....i think that is what screwed up my bite so much.....i think the ortho was fishing for history on that ....asked me if my teeth had always been like this and i just shrugged my shoulders and played dumb.....couldn't admit to that....to him. just couldn't do it.

i'm glad i truely have given it up....else this ortho stuff would be for naught....

VancouverJude

#54 Post by VancouverJude »

Ellebraced wrote: I still have to sleep with a stuffed animal LOL....yes I know 32 and needing that comfort...it's a weird habit but I am not embarrassed about it and will never stop it. Even if I travel and forget to bring it I have to roll up at towel and have it as substitute. LOL. I think we should embrace our craziness.
Elle, you are officially the greatest thing since sliced bread (ha-ha you know you how old I am, who the heck talks like that these days?)

As long as you and your wee animal friend aren't having conversations in which he/she is actually "speaking" back to you and planning your day then yer cool. Unless you hear some great stock tips...then do share <LOL.>

PS. I was in Maple Ridge today (this is Canuck talk peeps) checking out the housing scene for our (perhaps) eventual exodus from Vancouver. I'd like to leave within 5 years. It's only 28 miles from Van, and $200k less for similar property compared to what we own here (2 bed condo, central, semi-view.) Then I start thinking, hmmm, maybe Langley....etc.

llbill

#55 Post by llbill »

It's nice to hear I am not alone in my thumbsucking. I had a callous for years after I quit. My teeth go inward bad on the bottom because of it. Lol. Guess my ortho is richer because of it.

Ellebraced

#56 Post by Ellebraced »

VancouverJude wrote:
Ellebraced wrote: I still have to sleep with a stuffed animal LOL....yes I know 32 and needing that comfort...it's a weird habit but I am not embarrassed about it and will never stop it. Even if I travel and forget to bring it I have to roll up at towel and have it as substitute. LOL. I think we should embrace our craziness.
Elle, you are officially the greatest thing since sliced bread (ha-ha you know you how old I am, who the heck talks like that these days?)

As long as you and your wee animal friend aren't having conversations in which he/she is actually "speaking" back to you and planning your day then yer cool. Unless you hear some great stock tips...then do share <LOL.>

PS. I was in Maple Ridge today (this is Canuck talk peeps) checking out the housing scene for our (perhaps) eventual exodus from Vancouver. I'd like to leave within 5 years. It's only 28 miles from Van, and $200k less for similar property compared to what we own here (2 bed condo, central, semi-view.) Then I start thinking, hmmm, maybe Langley....etc.

LOL, Jude you are hilarious. No I do not talk to the stuffed animal LOL.......not yet. :HugeGrin: ....not quite sure I would admit it even if it did :crazy:

PS...Canuck talk ..... I have family and friends that live in both. Most of my family is in Langley. Least you got the train in Maple Ridge if you want to visit Vancouver regularly. Both are nice. Oh that would be nice to pocket $200k. The reason I left Vancouver was so I could afford a home without going broke. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful place but way too busy for me. I do miss the food though and the ocean and the mountains but not the rain or the traffic

I love my teeth

#57 Post by I love my teeth »

Ellebraced and VancouverJude-

Are you both living in Vancouver now?? We are in North Vancouver....love it, so beautiful!! Vancouverjude--I think you and I may have the same ortho in West Van, no?? where are you at Elle?

My oldest son plays rep hockey, so I have seen all the ice areana in the area (and the rec centers!!)

We have been living here about 3 years, love it!! But we are being transferred back home (Michigan) in 3 months :cry:

Good to touch base with you both!
Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Ellebraced

#58 Post by Ellebraced »

Hey Christine,

I was born and raised in Vancouver, well technically raised in Steveston. North Van is beautiful. That is sad you have to move away.

I moved to the Okanagan almost a decade ago. My family is still all in the Vancouver area, so I visit often.

I think Jude is downtown.

Every time I come to town I go for dim sum. YUMMY!!!

Will you be done your ortho treatment before you move?? or are you done already

Elle

I love my teeth

#59 Post by I love my teeth »

I was hoping to be done, but I don't think I will be :cry:

I am 6days post BSSO surgery....I was ready back in september, but waiting list and all--so I am a bit delayed. that being said I am hoping to find an ortho who is willing to take me as a transfer patient for basically 6months or less, finishing and retainers only. I suppose I can intice them by showing them my 2 kids will be both be in ortho treatment quite soon ($$$)

Where are you in the Ok.? We skiied Big White with the kids last spring break-----loved it!! :heart: :heart:

The only thing you can ski in Michigan is a tiny hill, that they call a mountain, so depressing! My ski season is over for this year due to the surgery, I am leaving 3 prebought Whistler edge cards days on my card, that hurts!! I did manage to get 5x in this season before the surgery though!!

talk soon!
Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Ellebraced

#60 Post by Ellebraced »

Last night while I was multitasking (which my husband says I am horrible at) .... I was eating salad while talking on the phone and the small spoon (which I thought would be easier than a fork) knocked my front upper ceramic bracket off.

F&*&$$#*&^@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-= :-+

I have to go away on Wednesday and that means another trip to the Ortho, 45 minutes away, while I am busy getting ready to go away. Luckily I called the ortho at 8am and then can get me in tomorrow.

The weird thing is how YELLOW the glue is around the bracket, it looks horrible this is what I have been complaining about since I got them, how yellowly the glue is. I took a picture so not sure if you can see it, but it is not pretty.

So it has barely been 24 hours and I can see the tooth moving back to where it was. I can not wait to get it fixed, I could take it off I guess but it would leave a big ugly yellow glue stain look to my teeth and I have to go out tonight for supper.

I kind of hope they will put the next wire on tomorrow when they fix it because it has not had any pressure feeling for weeks on the uppers.

So now I am going to be afraid to eat with spoons.

You can see the other tooth next to it and the glue too. They said they could NOT scrape any of that extra glue off but I don't see why not. I really need to get a cleaning soon maybe that will help.

Thanks for listening to me VENT!!! :evil: I know it will be all better tomorrow but just a pain in the butt!! :-+
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.