34 years old with braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JD33

34 years old with braces

#1 Post by JD33 »

Hi everyone, my name is Juan Diego.

I just found about this page, what an awesome site. As of 2 weeks ago I had braces put on and I'm really excited. The need came due to a TMJ issue derived from my teeth not aligning properly. So figured it was just going to get worse with time. Initially I had my reservations since I'm a 34 years old professional who deals with clients. It doesn't help my cause since I look extremely young for my age, (I get mistaken for a 19-20 YO) and braces just adds to the effect. :D

So I bit the bullet and figured the benefits of going forward with braces outweighed the cons of not doing it ever.

I already noticed that I don't clench my teeth as much as before. Even though I have metal wires poking and scratching the insides of my cheeks I do feel a difference in just two weeks in terms of how I am able to chew food. I can't wait to see more progress.

I'm also curious to see how it will effect my dating life in the short term. lol But like in the romance section of this site, if a girl is that shallow that she will disregard you for having braces she isn't worth your time. :D

Plumcore

Re: 34 years old with braces

#2 Post by Plumcore »

*throws confetti* Congratulations on bitting the bullet! Truth be told i don't think your clients will notice untill you mention something, if you do. I'm in uni so i don't have an issue with dealing with clients, however i will have to present my diploma project in braces. Oh the joy! XD.

But anyway, welcome to the brace world, hoping to hear more on your progress :D

JD33

#3 Post by JD33 »

Thank you for the support Plumcore!!! :)
Looking back I wish I would have done this earlier. Congrats on graduating!! Welcome to the real world and remember to keep on smiling! It's one of the best gifts anyone can give to someone ands free.

Plumcore

#4 Post by Plumcore »

AND i won't be embarrassed to smile either ^_^. SO it's all good. Im kind of scared of the "real" world. Not sure how i will stand job wise or if i should find a masters..and if i do find a masters if ill have the money for it...e-e decisions decisions.

How is your adjustment to the braces coming along?

JD33

#5 Post by JD33 »

I'm starting not to notice the braces in my mouth. It's mostly when I eat that they become apparent. Still a bit nervous about what i can or can't eat. I was eating a pizza when one of my spacers came out. Luckily I was able to put it back in. Other then that its been pretty smooth sailing. Had to use the wax once or twice. That's a life saver.

About the real world? Maybe its a generational thing. It seems that every new graduate comes into a more insecure world. All you have to do is stay positive, stay true to yourself, and keep moving forward.

How's your treatment coming along?