Finally braced! Progress pics included

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stepher7

4 Months Pics

#76 Post by stepher7 »

Here are my 4 month progress pictures. They look basically exactly the same as they did at 3 months, in my opinion. There may be a few things that are different, for the worse unfortunately lol oh well, it will all sort out eventually.

Day 1

4 Months

Day 1

4 Months

Day 1

4 Months

There are so many things that are bugging me right now...my tilted in premolars that have yet to be joined to the archwire, my midline is so whacked on the top and the bottom, my bottom teeth are higher on the one side than the other, my front six bottom teeth seem to be much higher than my bottom molars, I have little gaps going everywhere, and that one damn lateral incisor is still behind my central a bit. However, I know I'm only 4 months in so I can't expect things to be perfect yet. I just wish it could happen sooner!! lol

teethat27

Re: Finally braced! Progress pics included

#77 Post by teethat27 »

The things that are bugging you sound just like mine! The bottom midline is way off and the whole thing feels crooked, bigger gap between jaws on either the right or left, depending on how I shut my mouth. My front four bottom teeth feel and look like they were pulled up way too much in relation to the back ones, and I have stupid new gaps all over. Such faith in the orthodontists. . . Yours look like they have really come a long way in just 4 months though!

stepher7

#78 Post by stepher7 »

Thanks teethat27! It really is all about having faith in your ortho, isn't it? I started going to a new dentist after I had my braces put on and when I told her who my ortho is she told me that's who she recommends her patients to since he has such beautiful results, so that really made me feel good about the ortho I chose. I know it will all come together eventually, it's just frustrating seeing things happening that aren't so pretty in order to get to the end result!

stepher7

Braces Nightmare!!

#79 Post by stepher7 »

So I had my first teeth/braces related dream (nightmare, really!) last night. I dreamt that my bottom teeth were all horribly crowded again, worse than before braces! In my dream there was one tooth on the bottom that was pushed in behind all of the other ones and everything else was all jumbled and crooked. I remember thinking in the dream "Sometimes things get worse before they get better" lol but it was awful!! Hopefully no more of those any time soon... :?

scorr77

#80 Post by scorr77 »

Looks really good!!

stepher7

#81 Post by stepher7 »

Thanks scorr77!!

stepher7

#82 Post by stepher7 »

Today is one of those days when I just want these things OFF. There are so many spots that are rubbing the inside of my mouth so it's a pain to talk, eat, etc. The wax helps a bit, but one of the main problems right now is one of the coils I have on the bottom and it's really hard to get wax on those because the coil kind of cuts into the wax and it doesn't stay on well. Oh well, I'm sure in another few days things will feel fine again, I just hate when sore spots pop up like this. Almost 5 months in, they can't come off soon enough....

stepher7

5 Months In....

#83 Post by stepher7 »

Well, today marks the 5th month with these little devils on my teeth. Things have been just ok with them lately I guess. Still getting some sore spots here and there, but I guess that's to be expected throughout. I'm not going to bother posting any pics this month, they honestly don't look any different in my opinion. I'll probably wait to put up more pics until after my next adjustment, which is September 14. I'm SERIOUSLY hoping there's some progress with those tilted premolars. I think that's the main reason why nothing is changing. All of the teeth that are wired have done about as much as they can for now without all of the teeth being wired, I think. I basically just try to ignore the fact that the braces are on lol I've stopped obsessing about them so much and am becoming much more comfortable smiling and stuff. Only (an estimated) 19 months to go!! haha seems like so much longer..... :?

Eve43

#84 Post by Eve43 »

I think the Damon clear are slightly higher in profile then the Damon Qs. Do you think that's made a difference at all as far as the sore spots in your mouth? Scheduled to get those on Tuesday. Not sure the clear are worth it...

stepher7

#85 Post by stepher7 »

The clear ones are definitely a bit larger and have a higher profile, but they're fairly smooth. Having no ligs helps too I think. I'm pretty sure that everyone gets soreness from time to time, no matter what kind they have. The clear were worth it for me in terms of aesthetics...you can still see them, there's no such thing as "invisible", but you really can't see them in pictures and they stand out much less than traditional metal in my opinion. Either way you choose, good luck!! It's pretty tough at first, but within a few weeks you'll start to forget they're even there, and once you start seeing changes you'll be SOOO glad you went through with it!

stepher7

6 1/2 month pictures

#86 Post by stepher7 »

It's been exactly 6 months and 2 weeks that I've had my braces. I still dislike them pretty much on a daily basis, but I've definitely learned to just deal with it. I had family photos done over the weekend and I'm really hoping that they look ok in the pictures...fingers crossed, because I was pretty upset the morning of but luckily I have a wonderful boyfriend who comforted my raging femaleness lol. I had an adjustment on September 14th...pretty uneventful. I got a stronger wire on the top and the same wire on the bottom with 2 extra super coils (as I like to call them) added to the existing coils on the bottom where there needs to be space made for the 2 premolars that are still tilted and have yet to be wired. The super coils are definitely doing their job though because only a week later I can get floss around the one tooth like nothing, it feels like it's not even touching the teeth on either side of it. Next appointment is November 15th so hopefully there's been some progress by then! Anyway, here are the updated pics...I don't see any huge changes from my last set of update pics, but I guess from this point on it's going to be slow and steady :?

Day One

6.5 Months

Day One

6.5 Months

Day One

6.5 Months

stepher7

Only an estimated 17 months to go...ugh

#87 Post by stepher7 »

So I'm just over 7 months in...it's gone by quickly, but the next 17 (estimated) months seem like an eternity most of the time. I'm sure in another 12 months when I'm close to being finished it will feel like the time has just flown by, but for now things seem to have slowed down as far as movement is concerned, so the braces are just more of a pain than anything. Luckily I don't really notice them that much anymore, so most days I can just forget they're even on. The family pictures that I was worried about came out beautiful, so I was very happy about that. My braces are visible (obviously lol) but really don't stand out too much at all. And in my opinion, the pictures look nicer with my teeth being straighter with braces than how they would have looked pre-braces. It's easier now to see what they'll look like when they're finished. Anyway, next ortho appointment isn't until November 15th. I'll likely post more pictures at 8 months, or after my next appointment. I hope things are going well for everyone else!

stepher7

All progress pics

#88 Post by stepher7 »

So I thought that it would be interesting to put up all of my progress pics together to see the changes occurring from picture to picture. It's amazing to see the progress on the bottom. I forget how bad they were until I look at my pictures from the first day!

Progress Full
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

*I have to post this in separate messages since you can only post 10 URLs in one message.

stepher7

All progress pics

#89 Post by stepher7 »

Progress Top

stepher7

All progress pics

#90 Post by stepher7 »

Progress Bottom