My Wired Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iamtamnur

My Wired Journey

#1 Post by iamtamnur »

June 22, 2011: Consultation appointment w/ Dr. McCaskey; made the decision today to get braces; I will go with metal braces on the top and bottom
*~*~*~*
~Tammy
45 y/o SAHM to four kiddos and a bunch of furred and feathered babies

iamtamnur

Re: My Wired Journey

#2 Post by iamtamnur »

July 25, 2011: Today was "B-day". My appointment was scheduled for 75 minutes but ended up being over an hour and a half. I took some Ibuprofen before I went. The whole process wasn't too bad. The cement tasted really nasty but tolerable. One of my bottom teeth was hitting one of my top brackets so the Doc ground the bracket down a bit. It was still hitting when I left so we'll have to see how that goes.

I am afraid to eat but I have to give it a go. While eating lunch I popped off my bracket that had been hitting. A few bites later and it's partner on the other side popped off. I have an appointment on 8/1 to get them fixed.
*~*~*~*
~Tammy
45 y/o SAHM to four kiddos and a bunch of furred and feathered babies

Crazy4Snow

Re: My Wired Journey

#3 Post by Crazy4Snow »

That happened to me too, my upper canine's come down on my lower canine brackets, they did at first and nearly four months later they're still doing it. I'm careful not to make contact too hard as #1 it hurts and #2 I don't want to lose a bracket. Good luck, it's a pain!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13