Update on My Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFacePrincess

Update on My Braces Journey

#1 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

Originally got my braces in 2007 but due to financial setbacks I wasn't able to keep up with them.

However, I was able to start back my treatment this year and the good news is my orthodontist will have me out of the braces in March of next year! The bad news is my orthodontist says my overbite may have to be corrected with surgery. However, he's going to explore all options and re-evaluate my teeth towards the end of my treatment to see if that will be necessary. Also, I had to undergo more perio work. I had the right side scaling done a month ago and the left side will be done next month. Then I'll have to have the last of my wisdom teeth extracted.

I started back in March of this year and so far I've been able to keep up with all of my appointments. Today I got the rubber bands for the first time. I guess it's supposed to correct my overbite...not sure but it's pretty painful. However, I've seen good results thus far. My gap in the front is almost closed and I'm excited about the look of my teeth as of now. I took two pics...wish I would have taken pics when I first got my braces but below are pics of my teeth before I got my braces back in 2004 and pics of my teeth as of today with the braces in. (I took the pics with my phone so they might not be as clear)

Hopefully with the progress of my teeth i won't have to have surgery after all to correct my overbite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dojo

Re: Update on My Braces Journey

#2 Post by dojo »

Well, the improvement is terrific. Can't even see the before/after pics are of the same person. Let's hope you won't need surgery, but if you do, just stay positive. Best of luck in your journey, I love how it looks even now :)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

BraceFacePrincess

#3 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

dojo wrote:Well, the improvement is terrific. Can't even see the before/after pics are of the same person. Let's hope you won't need surgery, but if you do, just stay positive. Best of luck in your journey, I love how it looks even now :)
Thanks! :jump:

chocomorsel

#4 Post by chocomorsel »

Looking good so far in just 5 months. Got any profile pics? From the looks of things from the front looks like you got mild issues that may not require surgery.

BraceFacePrincess

#5 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

chocomorsel wrote:Looking good so far in just 5 months. Got any profile pics? From the looks of things from the front looks like you got mild issues that may not require surgery.

I'll take some profile shots today. I have to look to see if I have profile shots before the braces. I know I have very few because i hated my profile :(

BraceFacePrincess

#6 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

here are some profile shots from today. shots taken with my phone so it's not HQ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BraceFacePrincess

#7 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

one last one

Crazy4Snow

#8 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Looking good! Ugh...I dread elastics!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

BraceFacePrincess

#9 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

so sad yet confused.

I went last week to have what I thought was my final perio scaling and root planing work before braces come out. It was supposed to be my final trip until my braces come off but they found this huge swelling on the right side of my gums (behind my 2 front teeth). So they sent me to an oral surgeon/periodontist to have it removed because they think it's an infection that could be serious. So the oral surgeon wants to do a biopsy and possibly change my ortho treatment. He wants my orthodontist to put me in an archwire until the surgery is complete. I'm confused because what's the difference between what I have now and an archwire?

I really hope this doesn't prolong my treatment because I was expecting my braces to come off in April. :(

belistic10

#10 Post by belistic10 »

i am not sure sorry, but i hope it all goes well and hopefully no treatment time delay. hang in there, your teeth are looking really nice, such a difference from your before photo. :)

BraceFacePrincess

#11 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

So, today I got awesome news that my braces will come off the first week of February! Whoo hoo! Here are some recent picture today after my tightening. So far I'm pleased. Can't wait to see the final results. My Orthodontist suggests that I get bonding after the braces come off. They haven't said anything yet about if I'll still have to have surgery to correct my bite so I guess so far so good! :jump: :jump: :jump:

The only downside is my periodontist wants to perform Osseous surgery (I have no idea what that is) but apparently it's supposed to help correct my gums or something like that. IDK :?

BraceFacePrincess

#12 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

IDK why the pics posted side ways :? but I will try to rotate them and post later

BraceFacePrincess

#13 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

I've been debanded!!!! Whoo hoo! Today, my braces came off and I got my retainer! Pics coming soon!

BraceFacePrincess

#14 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

So, my overbite moved considerably and my ortho didn't mention surgery after the debanding so I guess I'm good to go. I don't have to go back until a year for a check up after being in my retainer for a year. The only thing left now is to have a perio scaling now that the braces are off and have the last two of my wisdom teeth pulled :jump: :D

ArchWired28

#15 Post by ArchWired28 »

Your teeth look terrific, you must be so happy, YaY! :jump:
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.