OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Eve43

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#181 Post by Eve43 »

I'm so glad its going well for you, Klo! Keep up the good work and chomp away ;)

klobird

#182 Post by klobird »

Thanks Eve! 28 days til your braced--doesn't it drive you nuts that it's not tomorrow???---I could not wait to get them on!
:crazy: :tingrin: :wink:

They were going to do so many more things today--they even got the stuff out to do it--I even chose the smoky colored power chain and she was cutting the ends off--and the ortho said no, he changed his mind and decided to wait til next time. Same thing with putting the 19/25 archwire on the bottom.
I'm sitting there, and in my head I'm going "NOOOOO, don't wait--do it do it do it". The more they do, the closer I get to straight, straight teeth...but that's why they tell you 2yrs I guess. Patience, patience, patience.....I just love seeing the changes I saw today. I had no idea the changes were that dramatic. Wow, I'm glad I got braces!! My teeth were sticking out so far they must have had a magnetic connecton to the north pole.....and it's even hard to see how really bad that is when your so used to your bucky beavers.

I'm just a happy,happy girl tonight!!! (And not a drop of pain!!) :BigGrin: :D

Eve43

#183 Post by Eve43 »

I know the changes with the Damon system happen relatively quickly...I've heard that some people's teeth have moved in the time its taken to drive home from getting their braces on! That's pretty dramatic. I wish I would've had the guts to get them...but I suffer from a bit of anxiety (a BIG understatement) and just the thought of pokey wires, brackets rubbing, canker sores....it kept me up for a few days. Couldn't sleep. So...onto Invisalign. If I do need refinements, I will be getting braces...not another 12-24 months of aligners. My orthodontist would rather finish the job NOW, than rather string it along. So, I could be seeing braces 12 months from now anyways, we'll see :shock:

If I need braces for refinements it will only take a month or two (fingers crossed they come out fine through the regular treatment course).

Yes...I do wish my treatment started now! It is a waste of a month but oh well. It's the choice I made.

I'd love to see pics of everyone's teeth. Have you tried to post any, Klo? I'm planning on posting the before pics soon.

I'm so glad you're having a pain-free day(s)!

klobird

#184 Post by klobird »

Hey Eve,

Yes, I will be posting pics-comparison-by this weekend. The ortho puts them up on my personal login on his website.
It takes a day or two for their system to load them. I looked today and they aren't there yet. When they are, then my neighbor will come over and get them here (I'm not that savvy...)

Eve, I am really sorry if everyone scared you away from braces....it is so not that bad. The irritations and adjustments are nothing in relation to the satisfaction and happiness of seeing your teeth looking so much better. The irritations can be fixed in a few seconds by the ortho. The discomfort from the adjustments goes away in a few days. And I have had ZERO
pain from this adjustment (and now I have soft food I bought coming out of my ears!! ) I really forget about the adjustment pains and newby pains, and am sooooo thankful that I have braces... :BigGrin:

Eve43

#185 Post by Eve43 »

I really appreciate everyone's honesty and experiences with regards to 'being braced'. No one really scared me away from braces....I originally intended to get the Invisalign back in November 2010. It was my orthodontist that made me think twice. I just think my orthodontist prefers Damon's because of his ability to control the process and tweak, accordingly.

After he reviews the clincheck he can make the proper recommendations to Align as to how he would like to see the finished product (my teeth). In MY perfect world...I will have 12 aligners and be done with it... :-* We shall see!

I'm happy for all of us who have the guts (and resources) to embark on this journey... No matter which path we chose (if we have a choice) to get to our final destination!

Bon Voyage :wink:

And Klo, can't wait to see the pics!!!

klobird

#186 Post by klobird »

OK so the pics are on the ortho site, and I will be putting them (rather, having my neighbor) put them here this weekend.
The pics are really small. I can enlarge them, but I'm not going to. It mortifies me to see the before pictures. I can barely look at them. If anyone in the world ever needed braces, it is me...

But I am very pleased with the progress, and want to show those who are thinking about braces just what can be done, when one gets braces, in only 4 months...there won't be any guessing when you see my pics.........and maybe someone out there will make a decision to go ahead when they see them...otherwise I don't think I would post them...there are too many painful memories to look at when I see those before pics....and even with all the movement so far, my teeth still embarrass me. Just sharing what is my truth...

klobird

#187 Post by klobird »

20 weeks down---84 to go...nothing new to report...pics up Sunday probably.

klobird

#188 Post by klobird »

[url]

klobird

#189 Post by klobird »

I'm working on getting my pictures up--we've all been at a birthday party today--it's late--we are going to get them up tomorrow. I did get them into photobucket. My friend was too tired and she's the only one who knows how to get them from there to here....sooooo, we are going to post them on Monday morning (here in the Pacific NW...).

klobird

#190 Post by klobird »

Code: Select all

http://s1193photobucket.com/albums/aa351/kbird56/
OK KEEP GOING!! :D
Last edited by klobird on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klobird

#191 Post by klobird »

Last edited by klobird on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klobird

#192 Post by klobird »

Code: Select all

[img]http://s1193photobucket.com/albums/aa351/kbird56/[img][/img]
NEXT ONE!! ALMOST THERE! :D
Last edited by klobird on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klobird

#193 Post by klobird »

http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/kbird56/

Well there they are....finally...my friend and I practically killed each other in the process, but it's all good now...

The most obvious change is when you see the very last picture on the bottom--#6--before braces...

THE PICTURE WITH THE DARK SPOT ON THE BOTTOM---THAT IS JUST A SHADOW...MY TEETH AREN'T THAT BAD!!! :shock:

lambchop

#194 Post by lambchop »

Wow! Looking good! Your 'buckies' have definitely been reined in a lot after only four months! Tomorrow is two months for me, and I can really see some movement already (one tooth in particular...even my husband can see the difference, so it must be obvious! :roll: ). Hope the rest of your time flies by!

chocomorsel

#195 Post by chocomorsel »

I have to ask Klo, does your job involve sitting in front of a computer? Or are you a work from home type of gal? The amount of posts you have in the few short months is insane. I mean wow.