OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#196 Post by klobird »

Ya it is insane, huh :crazy: :crazy: ...

Actually in my job I work very hard and never use the computer at work for personal stuff. When I come home, I spend a lot of time on the computer--almost zero TV time. It helps me relax. Anything I think of during the day, I will get on the computer and try to get answers. Right now I am very interested in the "gap theory"--and NO :crazy: it's not about teeth! It's very interesting--look it up!!! :thumbsup:

OK, so here's the rundown...Sunday I visited friends in the morning, then hosted a birthday party at 4pm--which lasted late.. (I'm off on Sun., Mon).. Today, I went to the audiologist because my husband swears I can't hear--and I'm sure he can't. The doctor says to send hubby in because I have absolutely no hearing problem :-* (Maybe we just don't listen to each other anymore..) Then my neighbor came over to get these pics up. And now a couple of friends and I just got back from a hike--it's 5:30pm. The whole time work was texting me with problems-- (I manage a medical clinic). So ya, I just come here to get away from everything....I have to write things down to look up on the computer that seem interesting to me...there is just so much information online...

And hubby? Well, let's just say--we've been together for 35yrs---I think he's probably in the garage right now building something or whatever he does in that man cave...we'll see each other later--whenever...he likes TV....

We are just homebodies--I have been everywhere in the world that I have wanted to be and now I'm kinda done...

So, there it is...but ya, I have thought about it too....that I am here on this website a crazy amount of time--I think I am just so obsessed with having braces....last January I had a dental phobia so bad you wouldn't believe it...see "I will do this"
under the Journal section of "Dental Fear Central"--the author K-bird is me!

klobird

#197 Post by klobird »

Hey Lambchop, thanks for your encouragement--I really needed that.

Because of the comment about how much I post, I am seriously thinking about leaving this forum. My thought was that by posting my pictures, I may encourage someone else to go ahead with getting braces, in spite of how totally, completely vulnerable I feel. Instead there is a comment about how much I post. Period. Timing is everything,huh?

So, I will probably visit this forum briefly and often--but I'm probably done journaling. I can do that in a notebook, privately.
I hope that my posts have helped someone in some way.....so I'm thinking that's it.....hmmmmm.....very disappointed....

ashesgap

#198 Post by ashesgap »

I thought that comment also sounded really rude.
Don't leave because of it though. Check out how many people have read your blog here, a lot. We enjoy it, and your progress pictures. Also large amounts of your numbers of posts have been in the other section of this website helping others. I don't think you should leave, especially if this is something you enjoy doing.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Eve43

#199 Post by Eve43 »

Lots of great progress in a short time...way to go Klo! :wink:

Eve43

#200 Post by Eve43 »

Klo, Don't let one *&%$#@? ruin your good time here. Just put that person on the 'foe' list. Very easy to do. Almost all of us are here for support and encouragement! I think we all learn from each others experiences and that's what makes the website and the entire process a success! Be strong, Klo! :heart:

lambchop

#201 Post by lambchop »

Noooooo, don't leave! :-** Your posts have always been informative, and I'll be really disappointed if I don't get to follow your journey till the end! This is something you obviously enjoy doing, so if we're taking a vote, I vote that you have to stay! :-1

catgyrl

#202 Post by catgyrl »

DONT LEAVE, KLO!!!! There are rude people who post on message boards, but there are so many more kind, fun people who really appreciate your contributions here (myself, included). I got my butt chewed out up one side and down the other on another section of this board, but that didn't stop me. And now that person no longer posts...

Please stay... :cry:

Cathy

libbylou

#203 Post by libbylou »

I couldn't agree more with Cathy and the others. It is stories like yours who are giving lots of us out there the courage to go ahead and get braces. I have loved reading your story, and it is really kind of you to post your story and pictures to give us encouragement. Dont leave!

klobird

#204 Post by klobird »

I want to thank you guys for all of your support. I have wanted all along to help others--- because so many of the suggestions and comments and posts have been what has made my experience with braces so much easier.

That comment made me feel ashamed and humiliated, because it's true. I do post an insane amount on this site.
If people knew how far I have come in the last 8 months---from being absolutely PETRIFIED to get in a dental chair to having braces in such a short amount of time, they may understand why I truly want to encourage others.

I have always been ashamed of my teeth--my self esteem has never been real high. Because of the support of a new extremely kind, compassionate and caring dentist, with her help and the encouragement of those on the website "Dental Fear Central", I am finding kind of a new hope. Everyone can see the difference. I never knew how much impact a good smile could have on my life, and now that is what is really important to me. It runs deep.

I never even considered braces--NEVER--although it has been recommend to me all my life. When I did consider braces,
there seemed to be absolutely no way on earth we could ever afford for me to have them. By God's grace, we discovered a way to make it happen. I consider braces a gift from God, I really, really do.

So ya, I am going to continue to post. That's why this site is here--to help people. It helps me.

Thanks so much you guys--I really didn't even know that people actually were muddling thru my ramblings. Thanks again
for your encouragement and kindness.

chocomorsel

#205 Post by chocomorsel »

If my post is making you leave, then I suggest you grow some thick skin. This is an anonymous internet forum. I have no idea who you are and vice versa. It was just an opinion of mine, which is what internet forums are all about. Some people on here get so sensitive. "Oh she hurt my feelings because she wasn't supportive". Really? I am supportive of anyone who goes thru this journey because I am on the same boat.

People aren't ALWAYS going to agree with everything you do in life. So what? Screw them and move on. If you like spending an insane amount of time on this website writing every single thing about your braces journey, then more power to ya. I personally don't. You do you, I do me. My post was an observation of mine. My opinion. I find it strange on here about how some people are so offended easily by others.

So, here goes. I am sorry I hurt your feelings and made you want to leave. But I still stand by the opinion that the amount of posting you have done on here is a lot. Although I should not have that much effect on you, a total stranger that I will never meet.

P.S. Cathy's posts are insane too. Except she has pics like every other page. So it makes it a lot more interesting for me to read her story. Again, just an opinion.

So you are ashamed and humiliated that you post a lot or that you have low self esteem about your teeth? Well I certainly wasn't trying to knock on your self esteem as I don't know you. If you post on here a lot and it makes you feel good then don't let a total stranger's observations stop you.
Last edited by chocomorsel on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eve43

#206 Post by Eve43 »

whoop, whoop! Yay, Klo!!!! :tingrin:

klobird

#207 Post by klobird »

Choco, you need to learn that some things are better left unsaid....

opera^gal

#208 Post by opera^gal »

Hey klo...looks like you, me, and Cathy..have the same admirer...boy oh boy, are we popular! :lol: :-* :crazy:
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

klobird

#209 Post by klobird »

Oh really???!!! ROFL....

ashesgap

#210 Post by ashesgap »

It takes a lot of nerve to come back, continue to insult, and then give a lame backhanded apology.
At least you're staying Klo. This experience isn't so bad when you can read and talk to other people having the same issues and complaints and fears. And we tend to meet a lot of strange people we wouldn't otherwise spend time with. There's the woman who told us we were low class for chewing gum, the guy who now wants to be buried with his braces on and just yesterday someone said clear braces were "classier" then metal. I definitely won't stop coming after the braces are off.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days