OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drgnchsr36

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#211 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I think you can post as much as you'd like. I always post on mine when I want to update something.. regardless if anyone else reads it, it's for me to look back on :)

So.. continue posting and I hope that things are smooth sailing from here!

Beauty is Pain

#212 Post by Beauty is Pain »

hey klobird!! STAY ON!!! We are supposed to have our journey together :) Don't let some idiot who doesn't know what he is on about get to you! Continue posting!!! :)

klobird

#213 Post by klobird »

21 weeks down, 83 weeks to go......nothing new at all going on....

Eve43

#214 Post by Eve43 »

Hey Klo! The ortho just called...my aligners are in. Moved the appointment up to Tuesday! Yay! Can't wait. Glad to see you're still on here ;)

klobird

#215 Post by klobird »

Hey Eve!!

That is fantastic!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :HugeGrin:

klobird

#216 Post by klobird »

This is Klobuns friend and neighbor using her computer. I think some people could be voted off the island :-1 . If what is happening here is not interesting, go to another island :flowerbloom: ...don't attack the ones who are friendly here. :ThumbsDown: That was the most insincere apology I have ever heard :roll: These forums are usually a microcosum of how you relate in real life.....hmmm. :wink:

klobird

#217 Post by klobird »

ok I am the friend again. Klobuns friend...not her, no really, I mEAN IT! I was responding to choco :crazy: Cant stand when my friends get picked on! :evil: I am not in the forum because I have perfect teeth :BigGrin: LOL sincerely, Dolly Rabbit :lol: You can always tell me from her :jump: I am always more animated :gavel: :-88

klobird

#218 Post by klobird »

OK well hmmmmm.....hum de dum....I guess my friend decided to do more than just her banking on my computer....

It's funny, because I use the name Klobuns a lot of places on the computer, but not here. And my friend used it without even noticing that I'm not using it here....Klobuns does have meaning, but it's kinda personal.

Sooooo, hmmm ya....well, this IS the real Klobird. My friend NEVER fails to mention that her teeth are perfectly straight. Straight enough that dentists pull other dentists into the room to look at her all natural straight teeth. :roll: We are like sisters--if we weren't, she would be a dead duck right now!! :shock:

Anyway, I'm almost at 5 months--should be in just a few hours!!!! YIIIPPPPPEEEEE!!! And it has FLOWN by!!!

Sometimes, though, I feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of time I will be in braces. 2 more winters-Wow.... And what kind of changes will life bring in that time...and what new friends will I meet...and what life challenges will I face...2 more birthdays...and what things will happen in the news in that time...who will be the President when I get my braces off... :?:

And it seems so long sometimes, that I can't even begin to think of life without these annoying little buggars...I have to try not to think about eating without worrying about breaking a part of my braces. I have to try to not think about just running in to the bathroom, brushing my teeth real quick and jumping into bed. I have to try not to get jealous when I look at other people at work just popping food into their mouths whenever...I have to try not to think about Cheetos and Twix candy bars...and just using my front teeth to gnaw on something...

Someday, someday, this will just be a memory... It will be interesting to look back at the feelings that I am having tonight, and go "wow"--I really did it...and then go into the bathroom and look at my amazing teeth just one more time....
and smile really, really big...and then I will know for sure that it was worth every single minute....

Eve43

#219 Post by Eve43 »

Can't wait to get where you are...I had a huge panic attack last night :( Always questioning whether or not I'm doing the right thing...I hope my dentist's recommendation was genuine and not just padding the pockets of his orthodontist friend! (...this would be the anxiety potion of the program).

Cheers (oh yeah...won't be doing that for awhile since I can only drink WATER!!!!),

klobird

#220 Post by klobird »

Hey Eve,

EVE,YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!! I am sorry if you are having second thoughts. I think most people do in the very first days. It's a whole lot of change, very quickly.

It's funny, because this morning I don't feel the way I did last night. Like I'm all ok this morning. I think there are just a whole lot of emotions that come with having braces. Well, at least for me... Most of the time, I am really, really ok
with having braces.

I remember looking at people's blogs who were 4, maybe 5 months along, and thinking I would never be there! And it seems that most people drop off the forum after a few months--probably because it's just not an issue anymore--just another part of something they have chosen to do. I just want to be able to look back and see where I was along the way....

OK, I thought I was going to be at 5 months today!!! :roll: 4 months, 4 weeks and 2 days???? How does that happen?
Arrrgggg :-+

Eve43

#221 Post by Eve43 »

I'll make you a deal, Klo...you don't 'drop off of the forum', and neither will I! :)

klobird

#222 Post by klobird »

OK Eve! You got a deal!! I know I'm not going anywhere---this is the way I work it out for myself. No one in my life is as interested in me having braces as I am. :huh: C'mon, I'm 55!! At least point and laugh--give me something....

I'm telling you--my ticker better not say 4 months, 4 weeks, 3 days the next time it changes!!! Let's see 5 months already!!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!

Beauty is Pain

#223 Post by Beauty is Pain »

wohooooooo!! Klobird!!! 5 months!!! YAY! Hasn't time flown by fast!! :) :jump: :jump: :jump:

Eve43

#224 Post by Eve43 »

5 months! Whoop whoop! Go celebrate, Klo!

klobird

#225 Post by klobird »

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!